Bearlee Rising

Hey look at this, it took me less than a month to post again. To start off with the good news. I’ve been a yoga fool since the beginning of the year. Last week I did 5 sessions. Was wanting to get a 6th in but I would of had to do yoga in front of Cub1 where he wouldn’t be able to see the video game he was playing. Still 5/6 is amazing for me. Today I was really excited because I was able to do a move unmodified for the first time. It was the twisted lunge, a move where you are in a lunge position front leg at a ninety degree angle then you put your opposining hand to the ground (left foot in front, right hand on ground) and reach with other hand a high as you can up so your arms are straight across from each other. Found the secret for me is to move my back foot back more and lunge deeper then I don’t have to bend over as much with my torso to reach the ground. Another move I’m improving on but haven’t got yet is holding a plank (which I can do unmodified) then lowering down into the bottom of a push up and holding at the bottom for 3 seconds. My knees buckle and I hold that position while on my knees, but I get half way through that move before modifying. I’m not sure but I think my forward fold bend in improving also as I’m now able to touch the floor but is hard to tell how much my knees are bent and therefore making the exercise easier.

And I got a nice realization the other day when I was setting goals that the yoga program is broken up into 13 week sessions so I should be able to finish the advanced course by the end of the year. Right now I’m doing beginner 2.0, then I’ll move to intermediate 1.0, the intermediate 2.0, and finish the year with advanced 1.0. I’ve also got a plan to add additional sessions into the program. I’m thinking since I’m on beginner 2.0 that I can sprinkle in beginner 1.0 sessions from time to time and when I’m feeling adventurous attempt a live session that they recorded and put on the app. And as sessions increase in difficulty I can add the 1.0 versions in for a little variety. For example I’ve mostly been doing the Energy 2.0 but I’ve also been doing Energy 1.0. Last week Fat Burner 2.0 was introduced so I can also add Fat Burner 1.0 inbetween scheduled sessions. And there is the Synergy 40 (because it’s 40 minutes) I can add also but I don’t like that one as much because it’s just Dallas by himself talking, seems like less energy in the workout.

I have been frustrated by my weight loss though. October through November I lost 34 pounds. December I gained 5 pounds. January I haven’t been able to lose anything and have been hovering back and forth over the same 3 pounds. December’s weight gain was understandable since I was a glutton (doing well until sister brought over tray of cookies and cup cakes and then things went down hill from there). January I’m trying to eat like I did in October and November but I’m not getting the same results and I’m not sure why. So instead of obsessing over the scale I’m trying to take the attitude of one meal at a time, one day at a time and hope the results start happening again. So instead of the goal being so many pounds lost in a certain amount of time it should be so many good meals eaten in a week and no calories from drinks (which at the end of the year there was too much). Doing well on the liquid calories now (still a few bumps) and eating has improved also, but may need to make a tangible goal for more veggies.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

5 hours ago, Bearlee said:

I’m trying to take the attitude of one meal at a time, one day at a time and hope the results start happening again. So instead of the goal being so many pounds lost in a certain amount of time it should be so many good meals eaten in a week and no calories from drinks (which at the end of the year there was too much).

This is a great strategy.  Weight loss isn't linear so it's difficult to set goals based on it.  If your goals are based solely on the things you can control, like what you eat, then you can focus on that and let the weight take care of itself.  Also the scale is a dirty, dirty liar. 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Good things going on this week. I’ve been doing my yoga according to schedule. But Tuesday I thought why not add a “live” workout to the schedule? So I did a 50+minute yoga session and thought I did fairly well. I was able to keep my heart rate up and found I was surprisingly balanced when I was on one leg. Wednesday I was also proud of myself for completing the New Energy 2.0 with no modifications, the first time I’ve done that. My planks to low holds was probably sad but I didn’t go to my knees, so victory. My twisted lunge has also improved, I’m able to hold it even while DDP goes on a rant for a short time.

I’m also proud of my Tuesday “live” session because my nose was giving me all kinds of trouble. Thought I would at least start to see how it would go and by the time I got my body warmed up my nose actually started to cooperate with me and I was able to do the whole session. Thursday now and still have a bad nose but thanks to an over abundance of zinc and Vitamin C it has stopped leaking and is to the stuffy stage.

Cub1 went to doctors again on Monday and was diagnosed with GI infection and stayed home for the day. So far he has missed 11 days of school due to illness and they haven’t hit the one hundred day mark yet. And I’m feeling bad for Cub2 becuase for the past couple days he has had Red puffy eyes and when he woke up from a nap one of his eyes was gooped over to where it wouldn’t open. Will probably be taking him to the doctors today. So the non-stop illness from mid October continues. Think I’m going to go build a cabin in the woods and isolate us from all human contact so we can finally get healthy.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

I subscribe to the theory that exposure to germs strengthens our immune system. Rest, good food, fresh air, and lots and lots of hand washing. A surprising number of healthcare pros (myself included) don't do the flu shots. Just lots of lots of hand washing.

Good job on the yoga!

• Like 1

So yesterday was my deadline for the month. Didn't get my 10 pounds, at first thought only lost 4 pounds, but after writing my results in my log I surprisingly found out I lost 9 pounds. Combine that with the amount of yoga I've been doing lately and I think it's a big win all around. Also lost an inch and a half from my waist but still need to lose another inch or two before I have to stop worrying about whether or not I'm going to pop a button on my on my scout shirt when I sit down. Fits ok when I'm standing, but fat tends to shift around a lot in the mid-section when I sit causing the belly concerns.

Been doing good on my yoga. 10 of the past 12 days I've been doing yoga. Tuesday and Saturday I did 50+ minutes of "live" yoga. I've been enjoying them for just a bit of variety and I'm not sure what's coming next. And there has been a few new moves that I haven't done before that are challenging me. Think I'm still improving but is hard to quantify something by feeling like you're doing better. Think that's why people like doing weights, you can quantify your gains by the increased number on the plates. Still I'm happy and I'm looking for ways to improve each session.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

So I missed my Monday yoga session, which is okay since I got one in Sunday (usually my rest day). Then Tuesday I did a 55 minute “live” session. It really wiped me out and I was sweating all over the place, but I feel really good.

I’ve also started a new log. Since I quit Rising Heroes almost a year ago it seemed silly to be using the Rising in my battle log. And I’ve had a mindset change recently and a birthday which are both good reasons to finally change my log. If you’re interested in what I’m doing now I’m over here:

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer