15,000 Steps + Food Tracking

This is probably a really lame woot but I'm really proud :)

So I've had a fitbit for what, four days now?

During those 4 days, I've tracked my food daily (with the fitbit app) and gotten to 15,000 steps.

That probably doesn't seem like such a big deal, but today I had a donut and coffee. Normally when I do something like that, I get all sad and think "well today is out the window" and then go eat a few villages worth of food. But when I put it in the tracker, I realized that it was actually slightly less than what I would normally have for breakfast and lunch (I am terrible about making either; today I didn't take breakfast or lunch so all I had was the infinitely less healthy/satisfying donut and coffee). SO it really helped me avoid freaking out and eating tons of crap because "I had already messed up". Of course, I don't plan on having donuts every morning.

And with the steps, I'm one of those people that take on WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much at once. In the past, I would legitimately try to do a whole bunch of workout videos (and fail), or aim to do 1000 jumping jack, 500 pushups, and 500 squats (and succeed, then wake up with so much pain I thought I needed to go to the hospital). With this, I had set my goal to 10,000 but was only 2-3000 away from 15,000 when I took it off, so raised the limit and did a little bit extra walking. 

The step goal thing is fairly easy, it gives me something to work towards, feel good when I hit it, and then I can say "Okay, I've met my goal, so I can stop now". 

And also as far as the challenge is going,

I keep having to stop myself from trying to fit in all this extra stuff because I know I'll burn out. It's really helping me pace myself and get over the "all or nothing" mentality so far. I don't feel overwhelmed like how I normally do.

So yeah! All is good on the front, so on so forth :)

• Like 1

That's fantastic!  I found my Fitbit to be really useful as well and I enjoyed tracking my food too. I felt in control when I had all that data about my body. 

Keep up the good work, and no, it's not lame in the slightest. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously