I haven't passed a challenge in a long time. Like since my original account two years ago :( I went back and looked at what I did then, to see what the difference was, and I only noticed two differences.

1) Successful challenges weren't splitting my energy multiple ways. EVERY goal on the challenge had something to do with losing weight, and they worked together really well. So as much as I liked my 'adulting/self care' goal from last time, I'm going to ditch it in favor of the tried and true cardio/strength/diet recipe.

2) I had a lot of interactions with my support network. I was a member of a group of like 8 or so newbies (The Pirate Lasses or something) who had a roleplaying group going. So we had this separate thread going where we were roleplaying this fun pirate adventure together, which meant that I was on the forums posting sometimes multiple times a day. And since everybody was already on for the pirate adventure, we'd all support each other on our challenges too. But I don't think it was the support that made the difference, (though of course it helped) because I've still got support now. I think it was the fact that I was constantly on the forums because of the roleplay, keeping my challenge and my goals at the forefront of my mind while also forcing me to be accountable - can't really get away with fading away on the challenge if you're still pirating. I tried to rally interest for a NF D&D group, since that would be very similar, but nobody was really into it... & I know I can't just be like, oh, well I'll just have to get on the forums a lot, because I've tried that, and after a week or so lose interest in scouring the boards. So... I'm at a bit of a loss... I've got a Life Quest idea that might hopefully maybe help with the accountability/constant reminder thing... but idk. Maybe I ought to look for a weight loss meetup or join a weight watchers group, so that I'll have to physically show up to something? Idk. If you have ideas, PLEASE SHARE.

Anywho, I like having an excuse to post gifs and pictures of things that I like, SO. Theme is World of Warcraft, because let's admit it, it should've been WoW a long time ago xD

http://www.gifwave.com/media/380925_deal-with-it-world-of-warcraft-warcraft-neltharion.gif

Main Quest - Lose 6 pounds.

I figure, 'they' say you should be able to healthily lose up to 2 pounds/week, and 1 pound/week is supposed to be low-key, so I'd like to aim for 1.5/week. I really gotta drop what I gained over the holidays... I've never been this fat before, literally ever.

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/warcraft-box-office-bomb.gif

Goals

1. Swim like a Naga - Swim 3x a week.

2. Strong as an Orc - Strength workouts 2x a week.

3. Eat like an Elf - Eat 1500-1600 kcal of home cooked food every day.

Life Quest

Insta-famous - Post something diet/weight loss/exercise/health related daily to my secondary Instagram account. @ljaybirdfly (lame name, I know, but all combos of my username and fit were already taken... and I figured, I like aerials, so... w/e) Please follow me so I feel like I've got people holding me accountable.

Measurements

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 210 lbs T-T

Waist: 34.5"

Hips: 46.5"

Thigh: 29"

Grading

Each goal will be graded weekly & be worth 30% of that week's total grade. Life Points are no longer extra credit as that provided little incentive for me to actually DO said Life Quest. Instead, the Life Quest will also be graded, worth 10% of the week's total grade. My final grade will be the average of all four weeks. I need to make at least a B (80%) to pass the challenge.
Swim like a Naga - scored as a percentage of completed swims (side note, I'm super irritated I couldn't find a decent gif or even picture of a naga swimming. They're water creatures, stop having pictures of them out of the water or just chilling on the ocean floor. *rage* oh well, you get the gist)

http://pre04.deviantart.net/1cab/th/pre/i/2014/293/a/a/siren_naga_by_dna_daenar-d83jrhd.jpg

Strong as an Orc - Scored as a percentage of completed workouts.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/7accb6e9e8d5cfc5639b1ed42d9ffaee/tumblr_inline_nz2g60zjeB1r2aih1_500.gif

Eat like an Elf - 14 points total. 1/day for meeting calories. 1/day for the food all being home cooked. I liked my point loss system from last time, so I'm keeping it with an adjustment: every 200 kcal over limit is -1 points and every not home-made meal/snack is -1 points. So I can't forget lunch, have to buy from the cafeteria, then get home and be like OH WELL MAY AS WELL ORDER. Also, I can't overeat and be like OH WELL, MAY AS WELL STUFF MY FACE.

https://giant.gfycat.com/DimwittedCarefreeGull.gif

Insta-Famous- 7 points total. 1/day. (oh yeah, that's right. For those not in the know, you can totally take selfies in WoW xD No, I will not count any WoW selfies towards this goal, haha)

http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wow-selfiepng-c41d64_1280w-640x361.png

Exceptions - If I get REALLY sick, I can be exempt. But I have to be SUPER DUPER sick. So sick that I can't even walk for 15 minutes or do a little bit of cooking. I seriously doubt I'll get that sick. *knocks on wood*

Motivation

I WANT THOSE DAMN SYLVANAS LEGGINGS. OMG. GIVE THEM TO ME. T-T Also, Bangarang just released a new set called Dragonskin and I want ALL OF THEM. So if I get an A and/or lose more than 6 pounds, I can have one of them. I kinda want Deathwing (black) or maybe Alexstrasza (red). Or all Malygos(blue). Or Ysera(green). Or Nozdormu(yellow). I WANT THEM ALL.

Sylvanas3.jpg?v=1477339347https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0547/4829/t/9/assets/slide3.jpg?3808502804270155352

Tracker

Swim like a Naga        Strong as an Orc      Eat like an Elf            Insta               Total

Week 1:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  0%

Week 2:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  0%

Week 3:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  0%

Week 4:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  0%

• Like 4

Level 1 Half-elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

'From flabby geek to Sheik and Mystique'

Instagram: LJaybirdfly

Current Challenge:

Week 1 Day 1

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--vja-Vfuc--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1507510366022297004.gif

Hit all my food goals, yay. Also did my Instagram post. No workouts happened, though - and I'm kinda pissed. I had all my shit together, ready to hit the gym for a swim after work. I get to the gym AND ITS CLOSED. Apparently they close at 8 on Sundays. That's so early!!!! I don't get off on Sunday until 9:15!!! T-T So... guess today was a rest day >,< In other news, I learned that chia seeds are absolutely foul. Seriously nasty stuff. I'm gonna have to find ways to make them palatable, cus I've got a LOT of them and I don't like to throw out food.

Hatter: I've looked at the accountabilibuddy groups, but they either aren't a good fit for me or aren't taking anybody new :/ I might dig around the forums some more, though. But not today. It's time for sleep, haha.

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

On 1/7/2017 at 11:10 PM, LydiaJaybird said:

I tried to rally interest for a NF D&D group, since that would be very similar, but nobody was really into it

!!!!!!!
who is this nobody? wait
wait, no.. this is edging dangerously close to dad-joke territory

i am basically always interested in D&D. is that a thing that can happen?

im interested in how instagram keeps you going with this.. thats entirely not how i use my instagram.
do you care if some weird rando schmuck follows you (and now im realizing thats exactly what instagram is for.. and its weird that im even asking)?

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Lord Pakku, the Unhinged said:

!!!!!!!
who is this nobody? wait
wait, no.. this is edging dangerously close to dad-joke territory

i am basically always interested in D&D. is that a thing that can happen?

im interested in how instagram keeps you going with this.. thats entirely not how i use my instagram.
do you care if some weird rando schmuck follows you (and now im realizing thats exactly what instagram is for.. and its weird that im even asking)?

YES!! This was my basic idea for the group: Skype or chat-based D&D group for NF members with at least weekly 'meetings'. The plot twist: Your adventurer can only gain experience/level up through your performance in the 4 week challenges. We'd have to work out what rules we wanted to follow for exp, but that's the basic idea. Other than that - straight up D&D. So now all we need is a DM and 1-2 other players...

lol, well my main instagram is pretty standard: lots of pictures of my cat, and random other pictures. This one is just for fellow NF and/or aerial peeps. So follow away!!!!

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Shame you couldn't find a good group. You'll just have to put up with our silly lot. :P

Silly lots are my favorite lots!! xD

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Week 1 Day 2

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnf42DIW24wrxm0/giphy.gif

Ate like an elf, though I skipped the chia this morning... just couldnt, lol. But I was good and instead of buying breakfast at work, I made myself peanut butter and honey toast last minute. Yay!

Also did the level 1, beginner standard abs and arms from Convict Conditioning. Translation: did a super wimpy strength workout... Like I hesitate to call it a workout... But the author is huge on starting at absolute beginner level, focusing on perfecting technique, and doing it all really slow to build control. It's supposed to be so that when you build up to higher levels, you're doing better things for your body than if you started at the hardest level you can manage. Also cus it's takes more strength to do a few reps of something slowly/deliberately than it does to rush through as much as you can. And that makes sense, except when you have to say you did a "strength workout" and then tell everybody what you did... 1x10 vertical pushups and 1x10 knee raises. But then I played around on pole, and that made me feel a bit more legit, hahahaha.

Finally, I did my Instagram post :)

So all in all, a good day! ^-^

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

2 hours ago, LydiaJaybird said:

YES!! This was my basic idea for the group: Skype or chat-based D&D group for NF members with at least weekly 'meetings'. The plot twist: Your adventurer can only gain experience/level up through your performance in the 4 week challenges. We'd have to work out what rules we wanted to follow for exp, but that's the basic idea. Other than that - straight up D&D. So now all we need is a DM and 1-2 other players...

lol, well my main instagram is pretty standard: lots of pictures of my cat, and random other pictures. This one is just for fellow NF and/or aerial peeps. So follow away!!!!

i do enjoy DMing, but im still very new here so it might be better for someone else to take the helm.. also im very far from a typical DM. i dont much care for dice or stats, just good stories. and i let players sway me if they have a really great idea. and i like false rewards, like the time we slew a hydra, split its belly, found a treasure chest inside!! and upon opening the chest, found the half digested body of a missing orphan........ im a terrible DM

BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO FIND INSIDE A HYDRA?! seriously

there could just be a NF thread for D&D for starters.. school is starting up for me tomorrow, so i dont even know what my workload will be

as for the instagram, im super jealous of aerial work. i watched a video on aerial yoga and i pulled a hamstring (mmm hamstring), so i might follow just for that.

• Like 2

@Bighara was on a thread to get some interest in a local (we're in the DC suburbs) NF D&D group, but I'll ask him about this. His thread is here: 

And Pakku, your hydra story sounds *exactly* like some of the stuff my husband has pulled while DMing for our old group. I still haven't forgiven him for a few of them. :mad-new: (Well, actually I have, but don't tell him! :rolleyes:)

• Like 1

otterbyte, level 3 chirpy otter assassin

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

Yay for WoW! I theoretically got the new xpac, but then school started, and I know which will win if I open that competition. But still. 

Anyhow, nice challenge, and NICE rewards. I may have to join you in that. Are you using an app/site to track calories, or just writing them down? Also, how are you eating chia seedS? I tried the pod idea, soaking them in milk overnight and it was.... weirdly bleah. Instead, I add them to everything else now - oatmeal, cookies, breads, you name it, they're in it. I haven't tried adding them to tuna salad yet, but I might give it a go (maybe). 

12 hours ago, LydiaJaybird said:

Also did the level 1, beginner standard abs and arms from Convict Conditioning. Translation: did a super wimpy strength workout... Like I hesitate to call it a workout... But the author is huge on starting at absolute beginner level, focusing on perfecting technique, and doing it all really slow to build control. It's supposed to be so that when you build up to higher levels, you're doing better things for your body than if you started at the hardest level you can manage. Also cus it's takes more strength to do a few reps of something slowly/deliberately than it does to rush through as much as you can. And that makes sense, except when you have to say you did a "strength workout" and then tell everybody what you did... 1x10 vertical pushups and 1x10 knee raises. But then I played around on pole, and that made me feel a bit more legit, hahahaha.

I fully support the start slow and get good form. I was messing around with weights for about a year, making ok progress, then was diagnosed with a rotator cuff tear. The two months I spent in PT doing lower resistence, proper form exercises made more improvements to how those muscles looked and performed than the year of hoo-rah, push hard. Somewhat annoying, but there it is. And if someone tries to give you grief about slow movements, challenge them to do it. :P

Anyhow, rah rah rah, you got this!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

19 hours ago, Lord Pakku, the Unhinged said:

i do enjoy DMing, but im still very new here so it might be better for someone else to take the helm.. also im very far from a typical DM. i dont much care for dice or stats, just good stories. and i let players sway me if they have a really great idea. and i like false rewards, like the time we slew a hydra, split its belly, found a treasure chest inside!! and upon opening the chest, found the half digested body of a missing orphan........ im a terrible DM

BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT TO FIND INSIDE A HYDRA?! seriously

there could just be a NF thread for D&D for starters.. school is starting up for me tomorrow, so i dont even know what my workload will be

as for the instagram, im super jealous of aerial work. i watched a video on aerial yoga and i pulled a hamstring (mmm hamstring), so i might follow just for that.

I'd expect to find the half digested body of the last idiot that tried to take it on xD

I made an interest thread here:

But for actually playing I was thinking like Skype or something. The only person that showed any interest on that^^ thread suggested something called Roll20. Said it works with Google Hangouts.

My aerial work is a joke, lol. I suck, but I love it, so. ^-^ I do (attempt, anyways, haha) pole, lyra, and silks.

14 hours ago, otterbyte said:

@Bighara was on a thread to get some interest in a local (we're in the DC suburbs) NF D&D group, but I'll ask him about this. His thread is here: 

And Pakku, your hydra story sounds *exactly* like some of the stuff my husband has pulled while DMing for our old group. I still haven't forgiven him for a few of them. :mad-new: (Well, actually I have, but don't tell him! :rolleyes:)

hahaha, Bighara was the only person that showed any interest on my initial thread about this! xD small world. Or forum.

8 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Yay for WoW! I theoretically got the new xpac, but then school started, and I know which will win if I open that competition. But still. 

Anyhow, nice challenge, and NICE rewards. I may have to join you in that. Are you using an app/site to track calories, or just writing them down? Also, how are you eating chia seedS? I tried the pod idea, soaking them in milk overnight and it was.... weirdly bleah. Instead, I add them to everything else now - oatmeal, cookies, breads, you name it, they're in it. I haven't tried adding them to tuna salad yet, but I might give it a go (maybe). 

I fully support the start slow and get good form. I was messing around with weights for about a year, making ok progress, then was diagnosed with a rotator cuff tear. The two months I spent in PT doing lower resistence, proper form exercises made more improvements to how those muscles looked and performed than the year of hoo-rah, push hard. Somewhat annoying, but there it is. And if someone tries to give you grief about slow movements, challenge them to do it. :P

Anyhow, rah rah rah, you got this!

Yeah, I know how that goes... WoW always loses vs work/school... :/ but its just so fun that its worth it to me to maintain the subscription so that I can always play when I have the opportunity.

ARENT THEY AMAZING. Seriously though, everything by bangarang is fantastic. I've got two pairs by them, and I want ALL OF THEM. They've got a pretty large WoW collection, a bunch of ones that are designed to look like fantasy armor, and lots of other cool collections besides that. Only downside is they're in the UK, so its a bit on shipping... (unless you're already in the UK)

One better - I'm using EatThisMuch, which is an app and a website. I tell it what I've got in the pantry, what I don't like to eat, my macro and calorie goals, how much I want to spend on food, how much time I have to prep each day, when I need to just eat leftovers, etc and it spits out a grocery list and meal plan each week. I learned that I suck at reliably getting my food planned, so this fixes that problem for me.

Thanks!!

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

9 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Also, how are you eating chia seedS? I tried the pod idea, soaking them in milk overnight and it was.... weirdly bleah. Instead, I add them to everything else now - oatmeal, cookies, breads, you name it, they're in it. I haven't tried adding them to tuna salad yet, but I might give it a go (maybe).

I blended fruit with almond milk, then soaked the seeds in that overnight.... the first try was as per recipe - which I decided was WAY too much chia for the amount of almond milk & raspberries. So I tried again with less chia (and tried mango instead of raspberry), and that worked much better. Still looks like frog spawn and has a not-awesome texture, but didn't thoroughly disgust me, so... progress. I'm thinking about trying it with pineapple, cus pineapple has such a strong flavor.

How do you add chia to baked stuff?

Let me know how the tuna salad works out if you try it!

Also, I read that you can put chia in omelets and that disguises them pretty well, so I might try that.

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Week 1 Day 3

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/10/45/3d46d9581f86bf46ae0df7612ef60432.gif

Did good on food, yay! Also, did the beginner standard legs and back from CC - 1x10 shoulderstand squats (which feels like a much bigger workout for your abs than your legs, but whatever) and 1x10 vertical pulls. I really should've gone swimming instead though.... cus now I'm done with strength for the week and will have to swim three days in a row... >,< It's not going to be awesome. Hopefully I don't wuss out.

Oh, and did my insta post.

Tracker

Swim like a Naga        Strong as an Orc      Eat like an Elf            Insta               Total

Week 1:         0%                               100%                          6/14                    3/7                  -%

Week 2:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  -%

Week 3:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  -%

Week 4:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  -%

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

1 hour ago, LydiaJaybird said:

One better - I'm using EatThisMuch, which is an app and a website. I tell it what I've got in the pantry, what I don't like to eat, my macro and calorie goals, how much I want to spend on food, how much time I have to prep each day, when I need to just eat leftovers, etc and it spits out a grocery list and meal plan each week. I learned that I suck at reliably getting my food planned, so this fixes that problem for me.

This sounds so cool! I'm definitely checking that out, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

current challenges: otterbyte juggles priorities  \\ old challenges:4-week: DEC16 * JAN17 * FEB 17 * APR 17 * JAN 18\\ Assassin MiniChallenge: Epic Throwdown Championship * Assassin's Age: Origins \\ Monkey Tamers United

Samuel Beckett

11 hours ago, LydiaJaybird said:

ARENT THEY AMAZING. Seriously though, everything by bangarang is fantastic. I've got two pairs by them, and I want ALL OF THEM. They've got a pretty large WoW collection, a bunch of ones that are designed to look like fantasy armor, and lots of other cool collections besides that. Only downside is they're in the UK, so its a bit on shipping... (unless you're already in the UK)

Sadly, I am not, so I'd have to pay shipping. Just means I'd better get them all at one go. :) I've hesitated to buy leggings online because they frequently don't fit properly. All the models are small - do you know if they accommodate someone with a significant difference between hips and waist? What's your take on the overall fit and quality?

11 hours ago, LydiaJaybird said:

I blended fruit with almond milk, then soaked the seeds in that overnight.... the first try was as per recipe - which I decided was WAY too much chia for the amount of almond milk & raspberries. So I tried again with less chia (and tried mango instead of raspberry), and that worked much better. Still looks like frog spawn and has a not-awesome texture, but didn't thoroughly disgust me, so... progress. I'm thinking about trying it with pineapple, cus pineapple has such a strong flavor.

How do you add chia to baked stuff?

Let me know how the tuna salad works out if you try it!

Also, I read that you can put chia in omelets and that disguises them pretty well, so I might try that.

Yea, the frog-spawn thing got me when I tried it. Just weird. Let me know how the pineapple goes! To add chia to baked goods, you literally just dump it in after adding the dry ingredients. It prevents the seeds from making the mucilaginous ooze before they bake, and they just end up like poppy seeds, sprinkled throughout the cookies/bread. I definitely want to try adding them to eggs! That sounds like a good way to get some extra protein in, thank you!

Good luck with the swimming - you can do it!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Finally catching up yay. I so hear you on split energy with too various goals. Looks like a good solid plan you have this time. And what awesome loot waiting ☺ I'm still waiting for my lotus leggings to arrive seems from US to Europe does take forever as well [emoji45]

That food site and app sounds brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

I'm no good at any of your games as I have never played any of it but will happily cheer you on anyhow if you're having me [emoji847]

Looking you up on IG now for all the aerial and other fun goodies to stalk....

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Quick update from the past couple days.

Wednesday: didn't go swimming T-T, didn't eat like an elf (I burnt my fucking dinner, had a rage quit and ordered out...), didn't post anything. Utter fail.

Thursday: STILL DIDNT GO SWIMMING, I SUCK. ate like an elf, but still didn't post.... partial fail.

I really gotta fucking swim today. T-T

Tracker

Week 1:         0%                               100%                          7/14                    3/7                  -%

Week 2:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  -%

Week 3:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  -%

Week 4:         0%                                 0%                            0/14                    0/7                  -%

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

giphy.gif

you can do it, you can do it, go go go

Eating like an elf is a feat not to be underestimated! Give yourself the credit and go on for more :)

• Like 3

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Week 1 Day 7

http://31.media.tumblr.com/898052194ed7b7c7fb2405df7ce41fa2/tumblr_nab7ibRLcT1qlp9j9o1_500.gif

So I did REALLY bad this week - final score was 59.29% T-T

But on the bright side, my measurements are down, so I did SOMETHING right. (that is, Orc & Elf went pretty well)

Measurements

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 210 lbs/205 lbs woah! 5 lbs down! I mean, I know that most of that is water weight, but it's still gratifying to see the drop.

Waist: 34.5"/33.75"

Hips: 46.5"/46.25"

Thigh: 29"/28.25"

My main issue is that I never fucking swam. Not once. I decided to try to remember all of my excuses and see what my big issue is, and by and large, it was one of two things. I was exhausted after work and just wanted to go home, or it was a time that the gym would be busy... and I would start to think of all the hordes of New Years Resolutioners that would assuredly be packing the gym... and I don't like crowds to begin with, but I'm SUPER SELF CONSCIOUS every time I go to the gym, so the thought of all those extra eyes would make me freak out and tell myself I'd go later... which would turn into never. Ugh. First issue is an easy fix: drink coffee an hour or so before work ends. Second one... I don't really have a tactic to get myself past that and to the gym, but maybe I can do another workaround. Tell me what y'all think of this: Partial credit for substituting some other kind of cardio. Staying home and putting in some time on my treadmill or doing a workout video wouldn't be as effective as the swim would be, hence partial credit, but it'd be better than sitting on the couch, giving myself an ulcer stressing over all the people at the gym. For this week, if I'd done that - even if I'd done the substitute every day - that would've put my final score up to 74.29%. A C rather than an F. And I would've gotten some cardio in at least. Idk.

Tracker

Week 1:         0%                               100%                   11/14 78.6%           4/7 57.1%        59.29%

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

I think your plan sounds really good. You know there's a problem, you've figured out the reasons that the problem exists, and you're planning concrete steps to address it. This sounds like mucho adulting and I'd say you've got this!

• Like 2

Samuel Beckett

On 14/01/2017 at 10:47 AM, Spikings said:

I agree, don't beat yourself up too much. Take a breath, accept these things happen and look to make a change to that today. Doesn't work out? Try and make a change again tomorrow. Keep going until you get there. :)

This! 

I think your plan sounds go, but if you want to go swimming you really shouldn't let other people put you off. I know it can be hard but it's worth pushing through the discomfort.

You can do this!

• Like 2