Feowyn returns from the hill country

Feowyn

She cracked open the door of the small cabin. The skies were gray. There was a chill in the air. "It's too cold", she groaned. Yet, she knew it was time. It had been over a year since she left the valley to stay with the hill people. What would it be like when she returned? She had heard of changes. How would she fit in to all of this? She put the last of her things into her pack. She looked back one last time, took a deep breath and stepped out.

Hello all!  a bit of history: Last year mid-pregnancy of #4 I fizzled out mid-challenge...again. Things got busy, life happened, blah blah. Things are still hectic. Life is still happening and it always will. I've decided to ease my way back here and make this work. I'm tired and weak. I have a family to take care of and things I want to do. I can't do those things like this. 

Main Quest:  

Gain about 20ish lbs, mostly muscle but a bit more body fat wouldn't bother me

improve my flexibility, agility, control, endurance, and strength- have each of those areas be better than they ever have been

Goals for this quest

6 cups of water a day- This is one I have always struggled with. I just don't think about it unless I'm eating.

walk the dog for 30 min a day- I need some peaceful time and some fresh air. 

2000 calories a day- I don't get enough to eat. I don't have enough energy to get me through the day and I have weight I need to gain. I just need to make sure I sit down and take the time and plan ahead.

I know I sound like a baby, but I get cold easily. I won't be walking outside when it's below 20 F or raining. I will find some alternative those days, maybe a youtube video? I don't want intense cardio and nothing too taxing on the muscles because my nearly 1 year old still doesn't sleep through the night and I think my body would really struggle with recovery at this point. Suggestions are welcome.

• Like 2

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Is yoga an option for non-walking days? There are some that are less intense.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

7 hours ago, Feowyn said:

6 cups of water a day- This is one I have always struggled with. I just don't think about it unless I'm eating.

I know this feeling. I know there are apps that remind you, but I ignore them fervently! I wish you well on your challenge!

Current Challenge * My Fitness Pal * Habitica * Fitbit

My Blog: From MSW to Web Dev

2017: 1st Challenge

DEMOSTHENES131 — WIZARD

Lost Items Found.

Paranormal Investigations.

Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.

No Love Potions, Endless Purses, Parties, or Other Entertainment

Well...that didn't go according to plan. Over the weekend, two of the kids got hit with a nasty stomach bug and by Sunday night, I had it too along with hubby and the baby. Lots of laundry, trips to the bathroom, and very little sleep and eating... let's just say my challenge has been postponed a bit. I'm hoping to start tomorrow or Friday.

:( Sorry to hear that. I hope everyone gets better soon!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

She had only been gone half a day when the storm hit. Without other shelter nearby, she was forced to return to the cabin. She was disappointed, but it was turn back or don't survive. Three days, she was stuck there with no food. Only once did the white out subside enough to get wood for heat. Finally, the storm passed and she was left again with a choice. Maybe she should just stay. No, she shook the thoughts away. She would leave again in the morning.

Not being strong in perseverance, I considered just dropping out and waiting until the next challenge. I decided though that I desperately need to do this, so yesterday I did. I got all my calories, not all by the best means, but I did. I drank all 6 cups of water. It was getting too dark to walk so again I debated, but I found a video and did my stretches even though I really didn't feel like it.  I DID IT. 

• Like 1

Sunday I just didn't care and didn't track anything.

Monday was baby's first birthday party so the whole day was consumed by that.

Tuesday, didn't quite get enough food or water. Didn't do stretches.

Back at it today.

• Like 1

Things I learned this week:

I'm ending up 400-600 under on calories by the end of the day and I find myself needing to make another meal at bedtime. I need to beef up my meals and snacks to spread out that shortage over the course of the day.

I can not keep putting off walking the dog/ stretching. Before I know it, it's dark-too late for walk and if I end up going to bed late I won't do my stretches before. I'm just too exhausted.

Stop eating cake! Every stinking time we have a birthday party I eat several pieces of cake over the next few days and I end up sick. Right now I'm fighting an awful headache from a sinus infection I think.

• Like 1