Assassin's Age: Origins

Anim07734

Guys. I just joined this mini-challenge. I am a druid, but I hope I can do a lot of DPS. 
My workout is homemade, just watching some shows and doing push-ups, sit-up, squats and a few other excercises.  A.k.a well-rounded whole-body workout.

I will just add my reps at the end of the day. Awesome challenge :) 

• Like 5

Vegan Bum Adventurer on a bike.

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Current

20 Archer Pull-ups in 4 rep sets.  Looks like we are already on the next task!  Good thing I did some Push and Core too!  I might go to the gym at lunch time today. 

• Like 2

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

9 hours ago, Myrik said:

Holy cow I work an 8 hour shift and come home to being done with the pull exercises, can i still add mine to the spreadsheet? 

Feel free to continue adding reps to previous tasks.  High scores will get called out in the next update. :friendly_wink:

7 hours ago, Helix "The Peasant" said:

Guys. I just joined this mini-challenge. I am a druid, but I hope I can do a lot of DPS. 
My workout is homemade, just watching some shows and doing push-ups, sit-up, squats and a few other excercises.  A.k.a well-rounded whole-body workout.

I will just add my reps at the end of the day. Awesome challenge :) 

Welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, JediNickD said:

20 Archer Pull-ups in 4 rep sets.  Looks like we are already on the next task!  Good thing I did some Push and Core too!  I might go to the gym at lunch time today. 

IIRC, you're a fan of morning workouts, so just doublechecking to make sure your reps for the new task were completed after it was posted (~11hrs before your post).

• Like 2

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

3 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

IIRC, you're a fan of morning workouts, so just doublechecking to make sure your reps for the new task were completed after it was posted (~11hrs before your post).

Yep.  I hit the gym at 5am.  Check NF and log my workouts when I get in to work at 7am.  Anything happens here after 3pm, I won't know until the next morning.

And I made it to the gym during lunch to crank out 8 sets of 6 Typewriter Pushups and 5 Toes-to-Bar.  I was dying after the first 4 sets, but I rested and added the other 4 over time.  I also did 40 shrimp squats and some other leg work while my arms rested.  Hanging from the bar for the Toes-to-bar was wearing me out. 

• Like 3

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 4 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2021 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

The demon fights fiercely to gain it's freedom, but the combined might of the Grey Wardens ultimately proves too much for it.  While Hazard (18.92 points) and Plitog (25.70 points) harry the beast's flanks to keep it off balance, JediNickD (50.83 points) charges in to deal the final blow.  With a roar of pain and rage, the demon falls.

Weary, but triumphant, the Grey Wardens return to the Qunari Outpost and present the deformed heart to it's leader.

arishok2.jpg

"Truly, you are brave and mighty warriors, as the legends claim.  We would be honored to fight at your side.  When the time for the great battle against the Blight comes, we will be there."

• Like 5

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Choosing the Second Destination

We're all battered and worn from battling the demon, but there is still much to be done.  Take some time to rest and regroup, but begin discussing our next destination while you do.

Dwarves - The Dwarven King and his eldest son and heir both fell in the strikes that began this Age.  His younger son inherited his title, but lacks support among the surviving noble houses.  Infighting, bordering on civil war, has plagued Orzammar for the past year.

Elves - Many Dalish clans lost their Keepers a year ago, and in fits of rage, blamed each other instead of searching for the real killers.  The Brecilian Forest has turned into a killing field as more and more blood feuds erupt between the clans.

Mages - With the Circle, the Templar, and the Chantry all decimated, no one is sure who currently commands the Mages of Ferelden.  Political intrigue plagues the Tower with no clear leader.

Men - Ferelden lost many of it's leading Teyrns, Arls, and Banns, but the King's son survived the strike against him and has managed to maintain some semblance of order across his ravaged Kingdom.  The castle at Redcliffe is closest to the coming Blight and should be reinforced to support the approaching battle.

All Grey Wardens in good standing (any participant who has completed The Joining) may vote for the next destination.  Once it is chosen, we'll receive an updated report and have seven (7) days to convince that ally to aid us against the Blight.

You can submit votes for the next destination by selecting your choice and performing pull reps in up to four (4) exercise variants.  Each time you accumulate a total number of points equal to your Joining push score.  (EG if you performed 5 standard pullups during the Joining, you received a score of 10.  Every time you accumulate a total of 10 points, in any pull variant, you register 1 vote for your chosen destination.)  Partial votes will be counted.

You have until Saturday 28January at 11:59PM Eastern to submit your votes!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Myrik said:

Didn't ask this last time where do Chinups fall in this Mini?

The different pull grips put emphasis on different muscles, which makes some easier than others.  In general, chinups (underhand grip) are easier than pullups (overhand grip), but it can vary from person to person.  There's also a neutral grip (hands facing each other on parallel bars) that places less stress on the shoulders and wrists.

For this mini, your baseline is the grip you used during your Joining.  If you want to train multiple grips (which isn't a bad option), then count chinups or neutral grip pulls as one level lower than their pullup equivalent.  (EG if you did standard pullups as your lvl5, then chinups would be lvl4.)  If you started with chinups, then count all grips as the same level.

• Like 1

I finally finished the Joining.  I guess it makes the most sense for me to be a rogue, because except for incline pushups my AMRAPs were 1-3, and I don't see me making large changes in that range any time soon.  Given that, should I re-do my "push" category to a harder variant?  Because I bet if I tried standard pushups I'd end up in the same range as the rest.

• Like 1

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

1 minute ago, Elennare said:

I finally finished the Joining.  I guess it makes the most sense for me to be a rogue, because except for incline pushups my AMRAPs were 1-3, and I don't see me making large changes in that range any time soon.  Given that, should I re-do my "push" category to a harder variant?  Because I bet if I tried standard pushups I'd end up in the same range as the rest.

That's entirely up to you, depending on your goals and preferences.  Either option will work for the mini.  You just need to finalize your Joining scores before you move on to the other tasks. :friendly_wink:

So I was thinking men, because that seems logical.. but logic is boring!! So I'm going for mages if anyone else wants to join and get some competition going!! 

• Like 5

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So I was thinking men, because that seems logical.. but logic is boring!! So I'm going for mages if anyone else wants to join and get some competition going!! 

hmmm Mage could be a good option for the friendly competition.  I might have to change my vote.

• Like 2

The Circle of Magi

Myrik has made a convincing argument (9.83 votes), and the Grey Wardens will head to the Circle of Magi next.

023554c57e9aef256baa6f5ddff5a3a2.jpg

You're quickly admitted to the tower and greeted by a conglomerate of enchanters.  Each attempts to be civil, but pointed comments and meaningful glares make the air around them heavy with conflict.  Carefully wading through the intrigue, you are able to identify three factions, all trying to win your favor in an attempt to break the stalemate that has prevented the naming of a new First Enchanter.

If we hope to gain the mages assistance, we're going to have to pick a side and help them win control of the Circle.  Our choices are:

-The Aequitarians, led by Enchanter Archibald, favor set rules for all mages to ensure responsible behavior is maintained and partnership with the Chantry and the Templars to assuage the fears of non-mages.

-The Libertarians, led by Enchanter Wilhelmina, believe mages should be free to govern themselves without interference from those who lack an affinity for the arcane.  They would cut all ties to the Chantry and Templars.

-The Loyalists, led by Enchanter Jonathon, accept that magic is too dangerous to be left unrestricted and seek greater oversight from the Chantry and the Templars to ensure that all studies are ethical and civic minded.

Once you have chosen the faction you wish to support, you can perform tasks in their name to improve their support among the undecided members of the Circle.

-Hand out fliers and brochures by performing leg exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining).  Warriors will receive a 10% bonus to their score.

-Assist with magical studies by performing push exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining).  Mages will receive a 10% bonus to their score.

-Climb around the storeroom cleaning by performing pull exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining).  Rogues will receive a 10% bonus to their score.

-Duel the champions of other factions by performing core exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining).

Log your reps on the Mage Task sheet.  You'll earn one point each time you perform a number of reps equal to your Joining AMRAP (you aren't required to do AMRAP sets, EG if your Joining AMRAP was 8, you can perform a set of 8, two sets of 4, four sets of 2, etc to earn 1point).

Those who support the winning faction will receive additional magical support during the final battle against the Blight.

You have until Saturday 4February at 11:59PM Eastern to recruit the Mages!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

-The Aequitarians, led by Enchanter Archibald, favor set rules for all mages to ensure responsible behavior is maintained and partnership with the Chantry and the Templars to assuage the fears of non-mages.

I voting this faction because magic in and of itself is a little wild, a set of rules to govern how a magic user is allowed to use his magic in everyday life isn't a bad thing.  This would allow the Circle a little more freedom while lessening the fears common folk have about the Magi.  Plus the name is just awesome First(soon to be) Enchanter Archibald.

• Like 4
On 1/27/2017 at 10:30 PM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

4 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Myrik has made a convincing argument (9.83 votes), and the Grey Wardens will head to the Circle of Magi next.

Also sorry Men for jumping ship but @The Scarlet Pimpernel mentioned competition and I had to do it. :) 

• Like 4

I'm going with Libertarian. I think the others are allowing themselves to be curtailed by those who fear what they don't understand.

Besides, who would you want as an ally: the badass mages shooting lightning from their hands, or the lofty old wizards sitting around reading scrolls and pulling rabbits from their hats? :P

• Like 4

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

12 minutes ago, Toxophilite said:

I'm going with Libertarian. I think the others are allowing themselves to be curtailed by those who fear what they don't understand.

Besides, who would you want as an ally: the badass mages shooting lightning from their hands, or the lofty old wizards sitting around reading scrolls and pulling rabbits from their hats? :P

Good agreement but as devils advocate would you really want a mage playing around with magic that affects life and death(necromancy).  Or trying to out due the others in a show of force that results in a gigantic magical hurricane that destroys half the kingdom?

• Like 2