Assassin's Age: Origins

Anim07734

10 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

-The Libertarians, led by Enchanter Wilhelmina, believe mages should be free to govern themselves without interference from those who lack an affinity for the arcane.  They would cut all ties to the Chantry and Templars.

I'm one of those mages that prefers to be left alone so I'm choosing the Libertarians.  Plus, they always throw the best parties :) 

• Like 3

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

I am going with Loyalists this round. Magic is way too powerful to be used freely. 

It's like Superman. We cannot let one man govern power, huge enough to destroy humanity. Even if there is 0.001% chance of that happening, we must accept it as absolute certainty and prevent it. Now. For the sake of our world. 

VOTE LOYALISTS if you are Loyal to the survival of humanity. 

// Also, no one has picked them yet, and I wanna make this interesting. As soon as my dinner settles, I am starting my workout. // 

• Like 4

Vegan Bum Adventurer on a bike.

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Current

I think I like the idea of the middle ground. There's no point in putting non-magic users in charge because they'll have no idea how to make proper rules and having no rules at all is just another kind of chaos. So  Aequitarians, it is for me! :)

• Like 4

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

My fellow Assassins, I beg of you: Do not allow fear-mongering and anti-mage propaganda to sway your vote. You know me. We have fought together, side by side, against the enemies who threaten us all. We have supported one another through our challenges. Do you truly believe that my magic renders me incapable of making choices for myself? That I do not deserve the same freedoms and rights as others simply because I am a mage? Do you believe those things about Plitog or Jonsey or Grayspeed? No! Then do not let the Chantry, Templars, and their agents convince you that mages as a whole are not capable or worthy of governing ourselves.

Loyalist leadership has been bought by the Chantry and Templars, promised positions of power in the new, oppressive regime. Their followers have so internalized cultural messages of magiphobia that they fear and hate their own powers.

The Aequitarians fear that non-mages would never accept a free mage state, that the fears of non-magic-users will eventually lead them to wage war upon us. I empathize with those fears. I am also afraid. But we cannot allow fear to lead us into relinquishing our freedoms and sovereignty. The answer to anti-mage sentiment and magiphobia is not to accept rule from those who would oppress us, but to engage with non-mages on a personal level, to show non-mages that we, too, are people with the same hopes and aspirations, sorrows and fears, as every other sentient creature.

Do not vote for bigotry. Do not vote for fear. The only way forward is a free mage state. Vote for freedom and justice! Vote Libertarian!

• Like 11

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

4 minutes ago, Starstuff said:

My fellow Assassins, I beg of you: Do not allow fear-mongering and anti-mage propaganda to sway your vote. You know me. We have fought together, side by side, against the enemies who threaten us all. We have supported one another through our challenges. Do you truly believe that my magic renders me incapable of making choices for myself? That I do not deserve the same freedoms and rights as others simply because I am a mage? Do you believe those things about Plitog or Jonsey or Grayspeed? No! Then do not let the Chantry, Templars, and their agents convince you that mages as a whole are not capable or worthy of governing ourselves.

Loyalist leadership has been bought by the Chantry and Templars, promised positions of power in the new, oppressive regime. Their followers have so internalized cultural messages of magiphobia that they fear and hate their own powers.

The Aequitarians fear that non-mages would never accept a free mage state, that the fears of non-magic-users will eventually lead them to wage war upon us. I empathize with those fears. I am also afraid. But we cannot allow fear to lead us into relinquishing our freedoms and sovereignty. The answer to anti-mage sentiment and magiphobia is not to accept rule from those who would oppress us, but to engage with non-mages on a personal level, to show non-mages that we, too, are people with the same hopes and aspirations, sorrows and fears, as every other sentient creature.

Do not vote for bigotry. Do not vote for fear. The only way forward is a free mage state. Vote for freedom and justice! Vote Libertarian!

55322070.jpg

• Like 10

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

18 hours ago, Starstuff said:

But with great power comes greater responsibility the rules that The Aequitarians would create would be good for all, not just the non-magi but the Magi as well.  We do not want a repeat of what brought the chantery into the lives of the Magi, all the blood Mages and Abominations running around sowing Chaos that the Blight can and does feed upon.  But we also can no longer allow the Templars to hunt the MAgi like dogs if they step out of line.  My fellow Assassins I implore you not to allow chaos a chance to rear its indomitable head but also do not allow free to cloud your judgment.  The Magi were around before the first Blight and helped end it without the oversight of the Chantry and there hunting dogs the Templars.  Allow the First Enchanter the chance to regulate the Circle and bring more freedom to the Magi.

Join the Aequitarians!

Damn I just realized I should be rooting for the Libertarian!!!

I hereby declare I shall be working for the Libertarian from here on out.

Well I thought about it over night and after reading some other peoples thoughts i still have to stay with the  Aequitarians.  My reasoning is look at military and Police they have power but there are laws in place from outside sources that keep them in check, while I don't agree with the blood phylactery that is used to track down those who leave the circle i think laws are needed.  So once again  

Join the Aequitarians!

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Starstuff said:

False binary: the options do not have to be complete oversight or complete freedom. Completely rejecting non-mages will bring misunderstanding, fear, and hatred, yet allowing them to set rules on powers outside their comprehension invites resentment and rebellion within the magi. Neither option is a sustainable one.

The middle path of compromise, however, will help foster positive ties with the non-mages while allowing the mages to rule themselves*. It fosters understanding and respect as the magi and non-mages work together toward education and acceptance. Consider the benefits of the path of moderation: vote Aequitarian. 

*(I believe I'm reading this correctly in that the mages would set rules for themselves, but seek alliances with non-mages. Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

• Like 5

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

I think I'm usually a middle of the road kind of guy, but you guys have some convincing arguments! 

• Like 2

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Just to clarify:

You need to pick which faction you're supporting before posting any work to support them.

If you choose to change your support later, you need to erase your entries and start over in the new faction's name.  Just because you changed your mind, doesn't mean all those fliers changed as well. :playful:

• Like 5

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:19 AM, Anim07734 said:

The Circle of Magi

-The Aequitarians, led by Enchanter Archibald, favor set rules for all mages to ensure responsible behavior is maintained and partnership with the Chantry and the Templars to assuage the fears of non-mages.

With great power comes great responsibility...

I've already crushed my exercise goal, so I'm doing cardio every day this week getting on the treadmill or bike for a 20 min minimum.  That will influence how many reps I squeeze in each workout, but I'll be pushing hard.  My archer pull-ups are improving.  I might be able to set a new AMRAP PR soon.  Same with Type-writer push-ups and toes-to-bar, but I could probably PR those each time I do AMRAP.  They are little easier to squeeze out just one more each time. 

• Like 1

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

I believe mages must be free to research and improve their magical abilities to the good of the universe.

and also, they've to be treated like gods ("Great Ones").

so, I'll support the Libertarians!

• Like 2

Level 5 Dwarf Ranger

STR 7.50 - DEX 5.75 - STA 7.75 - CON 9.50 - WIS 9.50 - CHA 3.50

2 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Just to clarify:

You need to pick which faction you're supporting before posting any work to support them.

If you choose to change your support later, you need to erase your entries and start over in the new faction's name.  Just because you changed your mind, doesn't mean all those fliers changed as well. :playful:

I went back to my original faction without adding any reps that i did last night after changing my side.

• Like 3
On 1/29/2017 at 1:19 AM, Anim07734 said:

-The Loyalists, led by Enchanter Jonathon, accept that magic is too dangerous to be left unrestricted and seek greater oversight from the Chantry and the Templars to ensure that all studies are ethical and civic minded.

Magic is dangerous and should be heavily regulated!

All current and future Mages should be registered so that we can keep tabs on who they are. 

And what spells they can cast must be recorded so we know what each one is capable of!  

Furthermore, we must ban high capacity magic and assault spells to prevent Mass Castings! 

It is imperative that magic use is kept under control with sensible Magic Control Regulations to keep everyone safe. 

I am confident that those people who are determined to harm others with magic will instead choose to obey the regulations

and totally not ignore them and do harm anyway.

Fight for Sensible Magic Control Regulations! 

Join me in Support of the Loyalists!

• Like 6

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

By the Maker, I love this guild! 

a612b6b2ac29abf15b54ca716efa77e7.gif

Do you know how long I've wanted to use this gif? Haha

• Like 7

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

Fitocracy  GoodReads

HFC for Life!

4 hours ago, Hazard said:

You, my friend, are awesome. Awesome damage in the spreadsheet.

You've motivated me to workout harder today, gonna do atleast 10more damage. 

rnqGOg.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, Starstuff said:

Not fear and bigotry.  Checks and balances!  Cooperation and community!  Vote Aequitarians.

• Like 2

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, Hazard said:

All current and future Mages should be registered so that we can keep tabs on who they are. 

And what spells they can cast must be recorded so we know what each one is capable of!  

Furthermore, we must ban high capacity magic and assault spells to prevent Mass Castings! 

It is imperative that magic use is kept under control with sensible Magic Control Regulations to keep everyone safe. 

I am confident that those people who are determined to harm others with magic will instead choose to obey the regulations

and totally not ignore them and do harm anyway.

A Registration Act would be acceptable, but nerfing Magi who are responsible and respectful is not necessary.  How do you oppose those who break the law?  Powerful Magi must be able to protect themselves and others in those cases without fear of prosecution.  Magic is dangerous and we need allies who can defend against it with responsible use of Magic.

Vote Aequitarians!

• Like 2

Spoiler

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, Manarelle said:

*(I believe I'm reading this correctly in that the mages would set rules for themselves, but seek alliances with non-mages. Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

That's my understanding as well, but I'm no expect having never played the game.

• Like 3

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, JediNickD said:

How do you oppose those who break the law? 

Nobody breaks laws, my friend.  And if they do, the Chantry can make a law against breaking laws, and that'll stop all that law breaking.

Support the Loyalists today!  

• Like 6

You haven't seen my Final Form

There is only one god, its name is death; and there is only one thing we say to death: "Not today"

1 hour ago, Hazard said:

Nobody breaks laws, my friend.  And if they do, the Chantry can make a law against breaking laws, and that'll stop all that law breaking.

I liked your first response. Lol

The overall problem is people are letting fear lead them and that can lead to a dangerous place. I believe firmly that Education is the way to go. Aequitarians want Mages, the Chantry and Templars to work together and what better way to do that then create a place of safety and learning. Show the world that with guidance and respect, we can live peacefully with all. 

• Like 5

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

Fitocracy  GoodReads

HFC for Life!

3 hours ago, JediNickD said:

A Registration Act would be acceptable, but nerfing Magi who are responsible and respectful is not necessary.  How do you oppose those who break the law?  Powerful Magi must be able to protect themselves and others in those cases without fear of prosecution.  Magic is dangerous and we need allies who can defend against it with responsible use of Magic.

Vote Aequitarians!

Defending from Magi by using Magi. Isn't that the plot of Suicide Squad? And we all know how that went down.

Vote Loyalists! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hazard said:

STOP!  Or I'll say stop again.  :-D

• Like 4

Spoiler