Assassin's Age: Origins

Anim07734

4 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

It's been a long, hard week, but the Grey Wardens have earned the respect of the Dwarven people and, by extension, support for King Doulinar.

gallery_5759_165_198065.png

"It is with great pleasure that I present these tokens of our esteem to Hazard (82.74 points) for his efforts in the Deep Roads, to Toxophilite (48.50 points) for returning order to the city streets, to Myrik (35.57 points) for bringing the criminal Carta to justice, and to The Scarlet Pimpernel (34.83 points) for restoring our lost histories!"

"It is with equal pleasure that I announce preparations for the army to travel to the surface to face the Blight at the Grey Wardens' side!"

What are these tokens we are getting?  Armor? Weapons? trinkets?

3 hours ago, Myrik said:

What are these tokens we are getting?  Armor? Weapons? trinkets?

On 2/8/2017 at 11:19 PM, Anim07734 said:

The top scorer in each task will be awarded a piece of armor crafted and enchanted by a master Dwarven smith, granting a bonus during the final battle.

They're unspecified piece and type of armor, so you can pick something appropriate to your class and preference. :friendly_wink:

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

4 hours ago, Myrik said:

Well my thoughts are Men have held them off so far, plus in the end we are going to the men to help them so why not go for them last.  We show up with an army at our back and well they would be foolish to turn us away.

My thoughts are more like - I've voted for Men in every round, why change now? :)

• Like 2

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

6 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

They're unspecified piece and type of armor, so you can pick something appropriate to your class and preference. :friendly_wink:

My preference? Hmm... well in that case the darkspawn can bite my shiny metal ass!

• Like 5

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

Decided to do some forearm knee raises since it's something I could figure out a set up for at work and HMM this actually works my shoulders in a way they don't get worked from my usual hanging stuff. I may have to mix these in more often for the shoulder benefits! (I feel like they are working a similar area to dips, which I totally neglect generally and which I should not!)

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:21 AM, Myrik said:

Well my thoughts are Men have held them off so far, plus in the end we are going to the men to help them so why not go for them last.  We show up with an army at our back and well they would be foolish to turn us away.

Men are foolish, though.

I vote for Elves.  We must help them end their feuds.  The Men are closest to the Blight, which should also encourage them to join the fight easily.  Men are foolish, though.

• Like 2

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

The Brecilian Forest

At JediNickD’s suggestion (20.00 votes), the Grey Wardens have chosen to meet with the Elves next.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/j8pssmdphjswlwq6zmea.gif

The forest is eerily quiet as the Grey Wardens approach.  No birds sing or insects chirp and even the foliage shifting in the wind seems muted.  Moving cautiously, the Wardens fan out to search for the Dalish who should be here.  A murkiness settles around them as they enter the forest.

A ruined aravel, broken and covered in ivy, draws the Wardens’ attention, but offers no clues to its former owners’ whereabouts.  Taking up the search again, they continue deeper into the forest.  The shadows seem darker, somehow, though the sun still peaks through leaves that rustle silently.

Another aravel, this one overturned and peppered with arrows, but no more recently abandoned than the last, draws the Wardens together next.  Their investigation again reveals nothing and they’re forced to continue the search.  The unnatural silence is becoming oppressive and many glance over their shoulders warily.

As dusk settles, earlier than any expect, a third aravel is discovered, burnt almost beyond recognition, once again offering nothing to the searchers.  A word is spoken under someone’s breath and followed by a sharp retort.  Blades appear in hands and the Wardens turn on each other, snarling, ready to strike.

JediNickD steps into the middle of the gathering, open hands raised in a gesture of peace and reassurance.  “Be calm, brothers and sisters.  Remember our purpose.  This oppressive miasma is clouding our judgement, perhaps finding the source will reveal the information we seek.”

Finding the center of this disturbing aura will require exploring even more of the forest than we have so far, preferably without alerting whatever may be causing it.  Perform core exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining) to aid in the search and log your reps on the Elf Task sheet.  You'll earn one point each time you perform a number of reps equal to your Joining AMRAP (you aren't required to do AMRAP sets, EG if your Joining AMRAP was 8, you can perform a set of 8, two sets of 4, four sets of 2, etc to earn 1point).  A total of 50 points among all Grey Wardens is required to locate the source of the effect.  Rogues will receive a 10% bonus to their score.

You have until Saturday 25February at 11:59PM Eastern to complete ALL tasks to recruit the Elves!

Task 2

Task 3

• Like 7

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/a/ad/Preview-4.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100809010247

The dark aura affecting the forest seems to be centered on these ruins.  We'd better investigate further to find the source.

Perform leg exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining) to aid in the search and log your reps on the Elf Task sheet.  You'll earn one point each time you perform a number of reps equal to your Joining AMRAP (you aren't required to do AMRAP sets, EG if your Joining AMRAP was 8, you can perform a set of 8, two sets of 4, four sets of 2, etc to earn 1point).  A total of 50 points among all Grey Wardens is required to locate the source of the effect.  Mages will receive a 10% bonus to their score.

Task 3

• Like 2

I haven't been much help this week, sorry! And I expect there might be one more task still, and the deadline is tomorrow! Hope everyone has their workout leg warmers on tomorrow! 

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/d/de/Object-Magical_Barrier.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100406180520

The miasma affecting the Forest must be coming from here.  The Veil was already thin in this wood and it looks like the deaths of so many Keepers was enough to create a tear.  We'll need to close it to free the Dalish from it's effect so we can talk to them.

To close the Breach:  Perform pull exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining) and log your reps on the  Elf Task sheet.  You'll earn one point each time you perform a number of reps equal to your Joining AMRAP (you aren't required to do AMRAP sets, EG if your Joining AMRAP was 8, you can perform a set of 8, two sets of 4, four sets of 2, etc to earn 1point).

To fight the spirits protecting it:  Perform push exercises of your chosen difficulty (the same as your Joining) and log your reps on the  Elf Task sheet .  You'll earn one point each time you perform a number of reps equal to your Joining AMRAP (you aren't required to do AMRAP sets, EG if your Joining AMRAP was 8, you can perform a set of 8, two sets of 4, four sets of 2, etc to earn 1point).  Warriors will receive a 10% bonus to their score.

A total of 50 points among all Grey Wardens, with at least 10 points per category, is required to defeat this entity.

• Like 2

2Q==

Despite the efforts of the Grey Wardens, led by Plitog (37.45 points), there isn't enough time to close the Breach in the Veil and save the elves from it's effects. 

Perhaps once the Blight is defeated, we can return.

Redcliffe Castle

With only one group left to recruit, the Grey Wardens travel to Redcliffe.

OtzgjgOjP5mOXy60FZXvBPbmMcixxgkJexibZcoy

A horn sounds at the approach of the Warden forces and the gate opens in welcome.  You see looks of relief on many faces as you file into the castle for an audience with the king.  "Wardens, it is good to see so many of you coming to our aid," the young King Jaron greets you.  "I wish I could greet you in happier times, but our need is urgent, so I'll waste no time.  We are doing what we can to prepare for the Darkspawn horde, but there is much that still needs to be done."

There are four tasks the men of Redcliffe need completed to aid in their preparations:

Fortify the Castle - perform Push exercises to dig trenches and build pickets to improve the castle's defenses.

Scout the Area - perform Leg exercises to sneak through the surrounding wilderness and locate the Darkspawn forces (Rogues will receive a 10% bonus).

Place Wards - perform Core exercises to cast and place warding spells around the castle (Mages will receive a 10% bonus).

Drill the Army - perform Pull exercises to train the King's army in proper formation fighting (Warriors will receive a 10% bonus).

Each Warden may assist in any or all tasks by logging reps on the Human Task Sheet.  Each point earned will provide a bonus during the final battle.

You have until Saturday 4March at 11:59PM Eastern to complete preparations!

Complete

• Like 2

Sorry about my absence last week.  I sprained a finger pretty bad at a trampoline park over the long weekend and couldn't help with the core exercises.  I forgot to check in and see how things were going.  I just did a lot of running since I was a little behind there in my challenge.  My finger is still recovering and will keep me from doing pull-ups, toes-to-bar, and pushups, though.  Maybe I can get a modification? 

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

1 hour ago, JediNickD said:

Sorry about my absence last week.  I sprained a finger pretty bad at a trampoline park over the long weekend and couldn't help with the core exercises.  I forgot to check in and see how things were going.  I just did a lot of running since I was a little behind there in my challenge.  My finger is still recovering and will keep me from doing pull-ups, toes-to-bar, and pushups, though.  Maybe I can get a modification? 

Sorry to hear that.  Any word on what you can do?  EG are pushups on your fists (or maybe blocks) an option, or is that still too much pressure?  Is there another variation you're comfortable with for any of these exercises?

2 minutes ago, Anim07734 said:

Sorry to hear that.  Any word on what you can do?  EG are pushups on your fists (or maybe blocks) an option, or is that still too much pressure?  Is there another variation you're comfortable with for any of these exercises?

Standard Pushups aren't too bad as I can keep most the weight on my palms.  Not sure about knuckles or variations as I hadn't tried any.  It's my left ring finger with most the pain and swelling in the middle knuckle, but a little pain and swelling in the bottom knuckle.  I can make a tight fist with only minimal pain, which I couldn't make a fist at all without pain until Friday.  Gripping a weight or bar is a "no go".  For core, hollow body or forearm leg raises would work, but I can't think of anything for pull-up variations.

Hopefully, I'll be fully recovered by Wednesday or Thursday.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, JediNickD said:

Standard Pushups aren't too bad as I can keep most the weight on my palms.  Not sure about knuckles or variations as I hadn't tried any.  It's my left ring finger with most the pain and swelling in the middle knuckle, but a little pain and swelling in the bottom knuckle.  I can make a tight fist with only minimal pain, which I couldn't make a fist at all without pain until Friday.  Gripping a weight or bar is a "no go".  For core, hollow body or forearm leg raises would work, but I can't think of anything for pull-up variations.

Hopefully, I'll be fully recovered by Wednesday or Thursday.

Would you prefer to do lower-tier progressions this week, or wait until you've recovered enough to do the same one's you've been doing?  Let me know which level you'd like for each and I'll modify the task sheet to match.

• Like 1

Sorry all for not helping on the later elf stuff! I don't generally check the boards very much if at all on weekends!

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

9 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Poor elves... everyone got sick and injured and the elves had to suffer for it. 

I blame whatever crap we were all breathing in in that forest 

• Like 6

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, Anim07734 said:

Would you prefer to do lower-tier progressions this week, or wait until you've recovered enough to do the same one's you've been doing?  Let me know which level you'd like for each and I'll modify the task sheet to match.

Lower-tier will work for Push and Core for me, as I'd love to participate more!  I can do and have been doing Diamond Pushups (Typewriter pushups caused pain, but diamond is weighted off the fingers and knuckles for the most part).  Forearm leg raises is as high as I can go on the Core.  I'm going to lay off the Pull exercises since any gripping is most painful and likely damaging.  I think I should take a penalty for the lower tier since I won't be encumbered, for the most part.  THANKS!

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, JediNickD said:

Lower-tier will work for Push and Core for me, as I'd love to participate more!  I can do and have been doing Diamond Pushups (Typewriter pushups caused pain, but diamond is weighted off the fingers and knuckles for the most part).  Forearm leg raises is as high as I can go on the Core.  I'm going to lay off the Pull exercises since any gripping is most painful and likely damaging.  I think I should take a penalty for the lower tier since I won't be encumbered, for the most part.  THANKS!

The task sheet is updated to reflect the lower-tier exercises in Push and Core.  You're still working from your Joining scores, so you'll need more reps to get the same number of points (double for push and 8x for core).  Feel free to include any reps you've already done this week, though.

Let me know how your recovery is looking next week and I can make the same modifications for the final battle.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

The task sheet is updated to reflect the lower-tier exercises in Push and Core.  You're still working from your Joining scores, so you'll need more reps to get the same number of points (double for push and 8x for core).  Feel free to include any reps you've already done this week, though.

Let me know how your recovery is looking next week and I can make the same modifications for the final battle.

Thanks!  I'll let you know on Monday morning.

Spoiler