Elanor's Challenge #10 - get that stuff done!

Hello fellow rebels!

I decided to jump in on this challenge today because I want to dedicate again some time to build habits. It's my 10th challenge but I'm sort of respawing after a break. Maybe I'll write more about everything in one of my updates.

So, these are my quests:

1. Get that housework done once and for all: 1 hour of household chores minimun DAILY!!! I've made lots of improvement to this already, now I want to build up a routine that I can make stick, so I don'i have to force myself so much daily. This should be a 100% no miss quest - if I miss one day, I'll do 2 hours the next one.
  2. Get that stuff out of my mind: I'll update daily in the forums and I will try to empty my mind and write down everything I'm thinking about concerning fitness and my body. I'll call it some "writing therapy".
  3. Have 5 healthy meals per day and weigh in every week at least once. This is just a bonus level and I would be happy to achieve a progress of about 50% for this month. 
  4. I will work with each one of my horses at least once a week. In Winter it's sometimes hard to find the motivation to go outside - I've spent several weeks now with so much work inside that I definetely have to be around my horses a lot more!!!

Rewards: over this month I will make that order on amazon for which I received a gift card, so it reaches me around end of the challenge - I packed in a lot of fitness gear like protein powder (very difficult to get where I am), a shaker and many utensils more.

So, this is it for me - for today I have already fullfilled Quest 1 and 2 and for the healthy meals I had 4 of them, but one that I wasn't so proud of and one more is ahead, so I'll reward myself with 4 of 5 points today. Haven't been able to work my horses though :(

You'll read me tomorrow - if not, write me a message :D

Yours

Elanor

• Like 1

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

yay - stealthstitcher - great to read you again!!! :applause: 

I'm a little late today, but here's my update:

Quest 1: 1 hour done yay! 

:star::star: 

Quest 2: Whats on my mind today?

Today was our 2nd wedding day and I was so happy to have some time to spend with my husband, relaxing. We made a walk around a lake, 2km, with all of our 3 dogs. Even though I'm oftentimes complaining of not seeing any results in my weight loss, I have to admit that today this was a special feeling for me, celebrating such an occasion by finding some physical activity and actually enjoying it. It felt so easy and relaxed, but I have to remember where I started with my fitness journey, not enjoying walking, not enjoying to be out with the dogs, because they would be so excited and me struggling to get behind them. Me being lonely because my fiance was living and working far away from me ... and today ... I'm married for 2 years, I went for so many walks with the dogs even in strange places, that we make a great team together - especially if my husband is coming with us. We had a great meal, but its more and more natural for me to watch out so it stays balanced. I successfully was able to check off some major life quests in the last years and I'm so amazed. Others lie ahead and I'm really feeling a bit hopeless about my weight loss, but even if I've been YoYoing around many times, my whole life has changed. This is what I would like to write down here today, so I can come back and read these lines again when I feel terrible once more. 

Quest 3: 4/5 again

Quest 4: 1/5 horses - my horse was so happy this morning. He wanted me to get up and ride, but I'm still a little reluctant because I'm so heavy.

• Like 2

Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

OMG, I'm nearly asleep now but I still want to write this post, so please excuse me if I make so many mistakes my text ist barely readable.

Quest 1: pushed the cleaning till the evening and now I'm to exhausted. Will do it tomorrow first thing and - as promised - I'll do 2 hours instead of 1 and I will watch out so I get the household chores done before noon.

:star::star:

Quest 2: Whats on my mind today?

So, today was some kind of rollercoaster of emotions. I'm starting to want to get organized again and take in life in its whole as it was before my work project but I feel so much detached after the weeks where I almost always sat at home working, that I really struggle to find my place again. I also feel a little dragged down after being at my family's tonight and I'm still thinking about it, wanting to know whether it's me that's feeling uneasy or if this depressed feeling comes from others. This way it seems to me, that I'm stressed being around other people, which is not my usual state. I will watch out to find the reason for those subtle feelings and will write them down here to clear my mind. I did my tax declaration today and this feels good - I even paid an overdue bill and I'm prepared to attack more such things in the coming days!

Quest 3: had 3 meals I'm not really proud of ... :( 2/5

Quest 4: very stressed this morning, I'm still at 1/5

So you see, it wasn't my best day, but tomorrow is a new one ... rawrrr ...

1d55e902102efa8b1577ddd1fe878046.jpg

So, before I'm to tired to write again, I'll just do my daily update quickly:

Quest 1: I was in a hurry today but did 1 hour

:star::star::star: 

Quest 2: What'S on my mind today?

Wow, what a day. We had some relationship issues my husband and I. It was the day where everybody emptied their heart to the other also at my family's. I'm a little sad because I had planned osme time to be around my horses and just because of that stupid arguement, time flew by and I was freezing. So, I hope to have more power tomorrow. Feel free to send me your good vibes. After eating 1-2 tbsp of oats everyday for 4 days my skin and hair feel much better - seems that it really does me good and I also lost some weight.

Quest 3: 4 meals out of 5 but I'll award me 5/5 points because I did my weekly weigh in :D

Quest 4: nothing new as I mentioned above: 1/5

• Like 1

Oh, thank you so much!!!

Quest 1: Did 1 hour of cleaning today spread over the day

:star::star::star::star: 

Quest 2: What's on my mind today?

I'm sooo tired today, but otherwise I'm feeling good. Seems I need some more recovery from the weeks of my work project. And in addition, there's so much that I haven'T been able to do for the last few months because of my work, so before attacking anything else I have to plow through work, be it at home, my office or in the stable with the horses. Also in my relationsships with others I feel I have to take time for getting up to date with everything that's been going on, because although I've been at home all the time, I was so immersed in my job that I barely had the energy for other things. I'm so happy everyone supported me! I was working on a book and I and the publisher and the author really were stressed out because it took so much longer then expected which led to financial pressure. I did no longer dare work on anything else or take a day off, because we were always so close to the deadline - but last minute it had to be delayed - again - and again - and again - and so came Christmas ... and passed - New Year ... and passed ... finally the book is being printed now (that was the 9th of january) and will be officially published the 19th - only 2 days delayed from what we expected. Phew - it's been a challenge!!!! My nerves are still blank as we say in Germany and I'm slowoly recovering - but my energy levels are just taking sooo long to return ... :( 

Quest 3: 4/5 meals

Quest 4: nothing new: 1/5 I was at my horses today for a long time, but there was so much work to do around the stable and the paddocks that I was really exhausted really soon ...

• Like 1

aaaah, I'm quickly doing yesterdays update - I was already lying in bed this time, as I remembered that I should have updated here.

Quest 1: yeah, well, something around 45 mins thoughout the day, but I'll give it a OK

:star::star::star::star::star: 

Quest 2: What was on my mind yesterday - duh? :P

Another hard day concerning my social surroundings AKA my husband which is in a very stubborn mood it seems and really has to push himself to do anything - I totally understand, but I'm not the only one to blame. Plus, I'm still stressed and nervous, maybe even anxious and I had to wait the whole day, whether or not I had some new urgent stuff to do and send to the printer, but my new "collegue", a 20 year old girl which I appreaciate very much, but is sometimes difficult to understand, decided to just do everything on her own without exchanging with me.

I took the time to rest a little though and today I'm feeling a bit better and the energy seems to slowly come back.

I'm a little frustrated by my overall fitness progress, but I watched the new video from Steve and found it very inspiring - did you see it?

Quest 3: well, I'll give myself 5/5 this time, because I managed to not have any sweets or bread although I snacked on some cherry tomatoes and in the evening, a sweet beverage was included, but for the rest, eating was rather clean :)

Quest 4: yay, with a little determination, I went out straight in the morning and worked a little with 2 of my horses :) 3/5

See you for the next update tonight!

• Like 1

So, for today's update:

Quest 1: done - yay!

:star::star::star::star::star::star: 

Quest 2: What's on my mind?

OMG when does my "flow" finally settle in again??!! - everything is so confusing and I have trouble keeping my time scedule and communicating what I need - I somehow feel out of place. I don't know where I'm going, nor where to invest my energy first ... :( I hope this will soon get better!

Quest 3: I give myself 3/4

Quest 4: yay, I found some time today ... our in the cold .., it was worth the freezing ;) being around my horses is the best! 5/5

• Like 2

yes, I still exist - and I'm still into this challenge but it's so freezing here, that I can't turn on the computer whenever I want. We live in a normally rather warm region and our house is not really equipped for low temperatures, especially if it's very windy. We have a small stove in the kitchen wich we need to light and warm the kitchen every morning and I don't want to risk my PC to be shocked by turning it on while still cold so, I have to wait .... yawn ... I hope I will find time to write more later ;) 

• Like 1

ok, so here comes my update - the last one I posted was saturday and today's friday, so I'll make it short:

Quest 1: yes, it's going rather good - I'll give myself 4 stars for 5 days because on one (can't remember which one :P ), I didn't do anything.

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Quest 2: Obviously I failed at this one for 5 days ... so, what's been going on beside the cold and me not being able to write long texts on the PC:

Slowly but steadily I'm recovering from all the pressure I had the last 6 months. I still get depressed sometimes, not feeling worthy, not knowing where to go, not having any energy at all to start something new. I felt like having only invested time and hard work in the last year, but nowhere it's paying off - be it financially or in any other way. I'm stuck here, not really connecting to people, my freelance business wasn't making good numbers last year although I worked my a... off, I can't really offer my horses everything I would like to and I'm still on the same spot with my weight loss than 3 years ago, concerning the number on the scale (everything else changed dramatically though). I also lost lots of my positivity and enthusiasm about life - my natural self-confidence shrunk as did my trust - in the past few years and settled to some kind of fatalism, without wanting to - really! I'm still full of joy and good vibes, but after my mother had so suddenly been taken out of my life, I struggle to see things in a positive light when starting them. Life is so short and this just frightens me. 

I really really try to be thankful for everything I have and I want to show this gratitude also, but inside, something is still broken - something just doesn't want to show gratitude ...

Writing about it here feels good. Thank you.

Quest 3: hm, let me give myself for the 5 days overall 18/25 points 

Quest 4: I already worked with 3 of my horses 3/5

• Like 1

Ok, here goes the update for Friday and Saturday:

Quest 1: two more stars added - yay 

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star: 

Quest 2: What's on my mind:

So today I was prepared for the worst and just accepted the things to come as they were - I accepted that today could be a stressful one and wasn't expecting anything out of it. And what is the end of the story: everything was flowing perfectly ... wow ... I'm sitting here, having worked so many hours out in the cold and in the household, that I'M just amazed. I have proved to myself - without wanting to - that I AM ABLE TO GET EVERYTHING DONE!!! Wow - writing down this post is yet another proof of it. I'm so glad I fixed the journaling as one of my quests because I can in this way put to paper how changeful moods can be and also, how amazing life is, when you're not expecting to much.

Quest 3: 6/10 points

Quest 4: 7/5 horse training sessions - yay!

• Like 2

Moods can definitely try to push you around. Nice job on getting things done anyway!

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

For Sunday and Monday:

Quest 1: I'll add another 2 stars - didn't do my cleaning but there was some extra work around the house going on and I was cooking at my family's:

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star: 

Gosh, winter time and the cold can be hard. A lot's going on in my mind but I'm more peaceful already. This challenge really is helpful to clear my mind. Now, for the next coming challenge, I plan to be more quiet with my mind and focus more on being creative and getting my work and workspace to the next level. I'll not write more today (I'll do my cleaning now ;) ) but I will stay in this quiet peacefulness. The book I worked on finally arrivec at the publishers and I'm waiting for it to be in my mailbox anytime now - excitement all around!!!

Quest 3: 6/10 points

Quest 4: 2/5 horse training sessions

• Like 2

For Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday:

Quest 1: I was sick yesterday but I'm trying to get back on track - 2 stars for 3 days ...

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star: 

I start to learn a lot from this challenge - as always - that the journey develops differently than expected. I realize slowly, that it's not about doing my household for example for a certain amount of time everyday, but that my real struggle is to find a good routine for it WHEN to do it. Same for my horses and my work in general. As a freelancer, I'm used to working whenever needed and it's my freedom to do things how I wish to do them - but every structure and every routine I start building, is really helping me, giving me back peacefulness and energy. I think I will continue this "housechores"-quest in the next challenge too, but working more on habits and scedule than this time. 

Quest 3: 25/30 points

Quest 4: 2/5 horse training sessions

• Like 1