nightlight does nightlight

nightlight

BAWSs8Y.jpg

I completely forgot about my January challenge and now I'm a little early for the February Challenge. I'll dispense with the long back story and try and keep it short. I got injured a few years ago and got really depressed. I've now moved to a smaller city, got a dog, and got a coach. I'm not coaching anymore, which is a little sad, but I'm ok with that right now. I'll be on vacation/cruise from the 17th - 26th so this thread might be boring then when I'm not updating much. 

GOAL 1: SLOW PROGRESS
maxresdefault.jpg

I've got 3 herniated discs in my back. I've been in pain most every day for the better part of the past 3 years. I don't want to re-aggrivate them. Though, a lot of times I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Now that I've got a coach, the priority is not moving a lot of weight. It's efficiency of movement, technique, and not getting anywhere near getting injured. While my programming may call for this: Snatch 80/1 6  (Movement %/reps sets), I won't be following the percentages. Our goal is to add a little bit each week to each movement as I feel necessary. 

I will complete this goal by tracking my workouts here, and noting how I feel, so I can determine if there are any patterns that develop. 

GOAL 2: BODY MAINTENANCE 
59165055.jpg

I had an AMAZING physical therapist in NYC. He helped me get out of the constant pain cycle. I need to be better about taking care of myself as I get older. I want to stay out of pain, and increase my range of motion. 

I want to create a body maintenance routine to do on my off-training days. I train 3 days a week, and have 4 off days. This goal will be to start feeling out a routine 3 days per week for 10 minutes. I can accumulate the minutes throughout a given day. I'll log that here.

GOAL 3: EAT TO SUPPORT TRAINING
th-2.jpeg?w=1000

I gained a lot of weight when I was injured. I've lost some. Now that I'm training again, I can't eat like an asshole if I want to make sure I get fitter. I'm not eating out every night, but it's too easy to buy a bag of cookies (or whatever) at the grocery store and devour them. It's too easy to get fast food. 

I will track my food at least 5 days per week in MFP, and stick to my 1500 allotted calories on non-training days. One day per week, I can eat whatever I want - BUT IT MUST BE TRACKED. Even if it's 5k calories of Five Guys hamburgers and fries.

GOAL 4: SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH SADIE
4ocR1lY.jpg

Since I'm training 3 nights per week, I'm away from Sadie more than I'd like. Even though I work from home, I don't get to play with her as much as I'd like. We've been doing obedience classes and agility classes together. Because of my training and the cruise, a lot of the time available for classes is much lower. 

I will spend at least 10 minutes (can be accumulated) 5x per week working on obedience/tricks. 
I will take Sadie to 2 classes in the month of February. 
I will take Sadie to the big dog park at least 2x in February. 

• Like 5

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Hi!  Welcome back!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Is placeholder still placeholder?

I can haz goals plz?

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

^^

<3 Hi. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Nili, are we gonna have to start harassing you?

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Tries to be Normal

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

The harassment needs to ensue me thinks.

Also, giggity on the thread title.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

9 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

The harassment needs to ensue me thinks.

Also, giggity on the thread title.

You'd have to be active on the boards yourself you know...

• Like 6

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

1 hour ago, wildross said:

Oh snap!

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

10 hours ago, wildross said:

I let it it be known I'd be taking a leave of absence!

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

12 hours ago, wildross said:

Baby #2 on the scene yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep, 4 weeks old today. that's what the leave of absence was for, 5 weeks paternity leave.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

MOTHER PUSSBUCKET. 

I never got any of these notifications.

Well. I'm gonna move this thread over to the feb challenge now.

• Like 1

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

On 1/30/2017 at 9:45 PM, wildross said:

Thanks, dad. :P (you know, not my real dad, but... you get it.)

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Thanks, dad. [emoji14] (you know, not my real dad, but... you get it.)

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

now with goals!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Following along again. That's an awesome dog!

Oh, yeah, the goals are good too.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

15 hours ago, spezzy said:

hiiiiiiiiiii

tumblr_n9bfco6Kcd1slejfuo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

10 hours ago, Strawberry Squatcake said:

Hi, friend! I'm not eating like an asshole and working my way into a good routine for me. Let's do this thang together! You know, while you do you and I do me. :) 

YES! 

We can do this.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Feb 8 recap.

GOAL 1: SLOW PROGRESS
Yesterday was a training day. Coach wasn't in bc she had car trouble, so we were pretty much left to our own devices. We had the asst. coach there though, and he gave me one really good tip. (which I was mega surprised by.) 

Leaving training I was a little upset because I'm lifting so little weight and everything feels off, and I'm no where near where I used to be. 

Warm Up:

CARs, 90/90s, monster band, shoulder stuff. 

My 90/90s were rushed. I shouldn't have rushed them. Strangely everyone showed up to practice at the same time, so there were more people than bars/platforms. I think I rushed because of that, which is dumb, bc I could have shared. duh. 

Training:

Snatch Pull + Hang Snatch (power, from hip) 

(1+2) 5

(reps+reps)sets

these just felt off. i had a hard time with bar path, and it was light weight.  

15kg, 20kg, work sets at 25kg. 

I did get some feedback from last time I did snatch pulls, so I've been trying to incorporate that as I pass my knees. Though I feel like the bar is so far away from me when I pull from the floor to below the knee. In the hang snatches, my shoulder felt jacked. This was the big reason for keeping the weight at 25, else I probably would have done 30. The shoulder bugs me more if I keep my hooks in, but I'm so used to not releasing my hooks bc i have the mobility to do that. I also realize i'm not jumping, so I'm not generating the power I would like. I think "up" but I never think "jump." I'm gonna need to fix that. 

Snatch Pulls

5x4

(reps x sets)

25kg, 30kg working sets. I wanted to do these at 35 but my back felt weird during the first warm up set at 25, so i kept the weight down, instead of going up. Again, really weird feeling positionally. I'll ask coach on Thursday. Back felt... odd. I had a hard time staying tight, so I made sure I reset after each rep. I wonder if the front squats from Monday fatigued my core, and that's why I was having  a hard time with tightness. 

Back Squat

3x6

uneventful. felt super light. maybe because I did them at 25kg. ;) Last week I used 20kg, so i figured i could go up 5kg this week. I realized just now that I'm front squatting more than I'm back squatting -- I should probably reverse that, but the front squats help more with cleans and the midline stability needed for those. 

Split Position Push Press

3x4

15kg, 20kg, 25kg work sets. I wanted to do 30, but since it was the first time doing this exercise I wasn't sure how the bounce would go over with my back. I am also having a major problem with my split position. This is nothing new, though. I don't push my front foot out far enough so i end up pushing through my front knee which is bad news. The push press part is no problem, but alignment and stability is. Asst. Coach's really great cue was to keep my torso in the same space while moving my feet. So when you dip, drive, and split, the torso doesn't move forward or backward, just up and down. He also suggested that I start with my feet wider under my hips so I don't have to worry about splitting laterally -- this makes sense. I am usually narrow when practicing jerks, but when i recover from cleans I'm wider. So i need to work on more consistant footwork. 

INSERTNAMEHERE Pulls

6x3

If I said the name, you'd know who my coach is. don't really wanna broadcast that on the internet right now. These are really fucking weird. I'll really have to work on stability for these. 

GOAL 2: BODY MAINTENANCE 

since it was a training day, nope. 

GOAL 3: EAT TO SUPPORT TRAINING

logged in MFP. I also logged a beer in there, but let it be known i drank maybe a third of it and then stopped bc i didn't want it anymore.

GOAL 4: SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH SADIE

scheduled agility class for Saturday!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

GOALS AND A WORKOUT UPDATE. IT REALLY IS A CHALLENGE NOW. <3 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1