KaitSith - from art nerd to Amazon - Level 1

KaitSith

Day 17& 18 // Week 2 Recap

Biggest Challenge

Beginner Body Weight Work Out is not going to be a thing right now.  I made it past the DOMS and but couldn't work past the back paint.  I have 2 herniated disks and Dr. recommended low impact like swimming or elliptical only. (Personally I think I also need to do something about my form because squats shouldn't bother my back if I am doing them right... right? Still, I can't complete jumping jacks/squats/pushups/planks so that leaves me with ...no work out.)  For now the focus is getting my total bodyweight down, then introducing higher impact exercise one at a time to lessen the possibility of injury.  

Walking has been great, but we are slooooooooow.  People walk around us -- not in a rude way everyone has been super encouraging -- but we aren't hitting our miles because we walk to slowly that we have to turn around and go home before our miles are met.  This is a goal to work towards, meet, and exceed this challenge.

Biggest Success

Mr. Sith fixed my bicycle to replace the BBWWo. She's a beach cruiser with blue plaid details, a blue basket and a bell and she is old-lady-adorkable and I don't even care.  I'm naming her Betty. We walked a mile to fill up the tires then I rode that baby home. bikebikebikebikebike!!:love_heart:

We are going strong on packing lunches, eating at home and getting 30 minutes of walking in nearly nightly.

My diet goals are completely do-able and I have already met and exceeded expectations there.  I want to make it more challenging.  I think that  I am going to add something about only eating out 2 times per month.  Although we didn't eat out at all in the last two weeks, it is a problem for us whenever we do have a car.

Since we don't have a car right now we don't have the luxury of eating out, and because we have to pay for the car to be fixed we don't have the cash flow to get anything delivered.  It isn't nearly as hard to eat at home when you don't have a choice - suddenly the convenience factor is ... no longer a factor.  I think that I have to put that money somewhere and buy groceries so it continues to no longer be a choice.

Diet 

• Pack and bring lunch to work everyday - Weekend!
  • 1 Cup of Coffee/Day and Water only - Had some lightly sweetened iced tea this weekend too, I am still more than ok with my progress here.  I've been tracking calories for the past two weeks and really making improvements on being mindful of calories and nutrition.

Fitness

• 6 miles of walking per week - 4 miles, soooo 2/3rd nailed it.  HOLY MOLY WE ARE TURTLES; THERE IS NO ONE SLOWER THAN US. We went out often during the week to meet our 6 mile goal but time constraints and storms prevented us from reaching our goal. I suppose that is going to be a thing we plan for in Florida.
  • Replace BBWWo with bike riding for now - rode a mile!

Level Up Your Life 

• Keep the kitchen clean! Dishes and trash out every night. - Nailed it!
  • Finish that book! 15 minutes - 1 hour of writing everyday - Nailed it! worked on story outline/progression edits, 2nd story, D&D adventure, and I am on to step two of painting planning.  Huzzah.
  • Like 1

Week 4 Recap

Biggest Challenge

Regular work outs.  Next challenge will be meeting a goal more regularly.

Biggest Success

Bringing in food and making better choices about what I eat.  I started a practice of counting calories and staying within goals which wasn't a part of this challenge but just kinda happened as a result of keeping myself accountable.  I cut out almost all coffee/soda/juice and replaced with water.

End result is a big reveal of a little over 10lbs lost.  Yay!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, KaitSith said:

Week 4 Recap

Biggest Challenge

Regular work outs.  Next challenge will be meeting a goal more regularly.

Biggest Success

Bringing in food and making better choices about what I eat.  I started a practice of counting calories and staying within goals which wasn't a part of this challenge but just kinda happened as a result of keeping myself accountable.  I cut out almost all coffee/soda/juice and replaced with water.

End result is a big reveal of a little over 10lbs lost.  Yay!

Awesome! Despite everything you faced this month, you did wonderful. :) 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, KaitSith said:

Thank you!  How was your last week?

Crazy bananas. I'm hoping it's better from here on out? Bahaha.  

How's KidSith's cooking show? I keep seeing knives on sale and going, "Oh, I wonder if he'd like that one?" lol

44 minutes ago, shadowmoonsedai said:

Crazy bananas. I'm hoping it's better from here on out? Bahaha.  

How's KidSith's cooking show? I keep seeing knives on sale and going, "Oh, I wonder if he'd like that one?" lol

THIS ISH IS BANANANANANANANAS.

Well... that's stuck in my head now.  But I totally get it and I am hoping the same far flung hopes.

KidSith is working on writing his recipes and doing all his recipe tests.  He's super into chicken noodle soup right now, so we are practicing making that in our 'test kitchen' plus he is stealing my lap top to make his own silly recordings.

CHALLENGE ONE ROUND UP

Big Goals

Make Kit & Wolfe a successful business Get to healthy weight Get Finances in Check Finish Book series Buy a house

1. Kit & Wolfe successful business

Create Website and active social media Paint complete body of work Make prints and do physical shows Submit work to galleries

2. Get to healthy weight

Clean Up Eating Cut out empty calories Meal Prep Count calories/macros

3. Exercise

Strength training Ride bike Walk 3x/week Join a new class

Drill down more

Get to healthy weight:

Clean up eating: Prep meals and snacks Meal plan and buy groceries Bulk Cook and Pack for lunches Have a salad for lunch or dinner daily

Count Calories: Enter into MFP daily Weigh weekly to quantify changes

Exercise:

Strength training: Follow a Youtube/ ladies program

Go on more walks: x3 per week Family walks Ride Bike Alternate with family walks so I don’t get bored

Make Kit & Wolfe a success:

Do creative work daily       Get reference for body of work      start making studies   Share chores with family to make time      Write more to get habit started

Challenge Goals for Challenge 1

Bring lunches to work

Cut out coffee

Write/Paint/Draw be creative for at least 15 minutes a day

6 miles of walking a week

Keep the kitchen clean

Post Challenge Round Up!

goal one: Bring lunch to work

what did you do to help your success? Meal plan, smart shopping, strategic cooking

what would you do differently next challenge? Be ok with bringing easy meals, not from scratch

success rate: 99%

goal two: Exercise 3x weekly

What did you do to help your success? Joined work gym, packed clothes in a bag, fixed bike, got season pass for park, found BWWo youtube video

What would you do differently next challenge? Exercise in whatever way possible.  Keep it open, and create Battle log, find accountability buddy, be honest about time constraints

Success rate: 50%

goal three: 1 cup coffee

What did you do to help your success? Stepped down from no coffee after 10:30am to only 1 cup

What would you do differently next challenge? Add more goals, maybe restrict ounces

Success rate: 100%

goal four: Keep Kitchen clean

What did you do to help your success? Recruited family members, made chore chart for KidSith

What would you do differently next challenge? Add more responsibilities and completely delegate

Success rate: 75%

goal five: Write book

What did you do to help your success? Wrote during breaks, painted when I needed to switch gears

What would you do differently next challenge? Include all creative pursuits

Goal four grade: 100%

OVERALL SUCCESS RATE: 85%

WOOHOOOO!