Blast from the Past - do you remember?

You know when you hear a little bit of a song or a catchphrase from a to show that you haven't heard in years, so long that you'd forgotten that you'd ever even forgotten it in the first place, and BAM! You instantly remember the whole thing? And then it starts to drive you nuts coz you can't remember who the actors were or how the second verse went... :D 

Well that happened to me today. The bf says to me, in a semi-singing way, "Wake up in the morning wanting some breakfast" and instantly I'm transported back to my youth and this tv ad:

Which then had me racking my brain to find the real lyrics, so off I went to Google and found this:

At which point I still had no fecking clue what the lyrics were and had to go and google them too. :D:D:D 

I'd love it if people would post up some old songs, or TV ads or programs (or anything else of the like) that are a real Blast from the Past. I though it would be quite fun to see or hear all those oldies that we'd forgotten about. Anyone want to join in? :) 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 10/01/2017 at 2:12 PM, Guzzi said:

You know when you hear a little bit of a song or a catchphrase from a to show that you haven't heard in years, so long that you'd forgotten that you'd ever even forgotten it in the first place, and BAM! You instantly remember the whole thing? And then it starts to drive you nuts coz you can't remember who the actors were or how the second verse went... :D 

Well that happened to me today. The bf says to me, in a semi-singing way, "Wake up in the morning wanting some breakfast" and instantly I'm transported back to my youth and this tv ad:

Oh man! I stumbled across the sequels! I had totally forgotten about these, but they were so funny. I thought I'd share this one with you. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

3 hours ago, Butternut said:

A co-worker mentioned this show.  I had totally forgotten about it! 

Hahaha! That looks so cool. I'm off to check it out on YouTube. :onthego: 

The thread title immediately made me think of this: "Do you remember..." 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

19 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

Wow! Just wow! Those special effects, lol! :lol: 

Sorry, but it has to be done....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

Thanks to Ted Turner, I can never think of someone listing off elements without thinking "By your powers combined...":

• Like 1

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome

17 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Those special effects, lol!

I've never done lsd, but I imagine that's something like what they mean when they say that you see the music in colours! 

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

22 hours ago, CheshireCrab said:

Thanks to Ted Turner, I can never think of someone listing off elements without thinking "By your powers combined...":

Oh my God! I remember this, not very well so I'm assuming it wasn't a long running thing? Good grief!

1 hour ago, ManchurianBee said:

This or nothing. 

Aw man!  I had totally forgotten that cartoon existed.  Well played Sir (or Ma'am)

• Like 1

That reminds me of this tv show from when I was a kid.  The only vid I could find of the opening credit had an ad at the start (Boo!) so you get a whole episode.  Do with it what you will. ;) 

• Like 1

We introduced Colin's kids to Inspector Gadget a little while ago and the love it!  I thought it would be boring compared to what they watch nowadays but they really enjoyed it, they also loved this....

Which is all about a family of Loch Ness monsters.  Which is only 25(ish?) miles from where I lived back home. :) 

My childhood was awesome. Some of these get me nostalgic almost to the point of tears.

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

53 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

@Wolfen - we are obviously the same age, I watched all of those shows. 

I'm 37. But no way we're the same age! You look younger, seriously, like barely 30!

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

2 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

I'm 37. But no way we're the same age! You look younger, seriously, like barely 30!

Haha!  Thanks for the compliment!  It's amazing what you can do with the right filter, huh? ;)  I Was born in 1982, I'll let you do the maths. 

• Like 2