League of Legends

Possibly due to its unhealthy assault on your feelings and mind when you log in ^^ I used to play, got to plat, but I've taken a break for a few months mainly due to study workload. I must say, I haven't missed being told to get cancer and kill myself 500 times in an evening though. I would like to fill the void with a similar game that challenges my skills, but with less hate. I found myself logging into a game for fun, and leaving the game feeling like I needed another break.

* Peace and long life *

Half Vulcan, Halfway there.

Facebook - Fitbit  - Quests

PM for email details

I completely get that. I won't deny that League has one of the WORST player bases in all of media. I play it partly for the challenge/competition, and partly because I support Riot as a company and what they are doing for gaming, especially by making professional E-Sports more socially accepted and widely publicized. Watching Worlds every year is like my Superbowl. I am often told that the DOTA2 community is much better, but I don't play it often enough to get out of the DOTA equivalent of Summoner Level 1-10, so I don't know yet. Have you tried DOTA2?

I play League occassionally. I have a friend that just started and the amount of hate he gets just for being new has me wondering why he keeps playing, unless we have a few more friends playing all at once and then its fun to troll the trolls.

Jay, Half Orc Rebel

Chaotic Neutral

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will dilineate and define you" -Thomas Jefferson
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas Edison

League certainly isn't the most welcoming community, which makes me sad. What Riot is TRYING to do is great, and there's so much creativity and genuine love for the E-sport itself in the community. It's a terrible shame to see the garbage people bring down the actual experience of playing the game. If you guys want someone to play with who isn't a jackass, PM me and I'll give you my Summoner Name. It would be pretty cool to have a Nerd Fitness Club Tag.

Yeah I'm definitely into Riot as a company, I work in games myself. I just moved out of Berlin as everything moved there as the new base, got to watch a few LCS games before I went though. Was super fun ^^ Still in EU West territory though.

I had a go at DOTA, but the graphics don't have that pretty cartoonyness that Riot and Blizzard have going. I really need that visual appeal to get sucked into a game. I thought about trying Overwatch, I'm not really into FPS but it has the art style to keep me amused, and also the e-sport competitive nature that I enjoy.

Unsure when I can fit gaming into my new life at the moment, so many goals so little time!

* Peace and long life *

PM for email details

At the moment I'm taking time off for mental health. Cool places to work, not so cool position for me ^^ mainly just boring old GM work, player development, community management type stuff. Need to get around to completing my university life goal before I can level up my position :D

Which I could be doing right now... only I'm playing Hearthstone. hehe

* Peace and long life *

PM for email details