I am totally lost with this fitness thing.  

My story, I am a wife and mom to two boys. I sit at a desk all day for work then hang out with my family either binging Netflix, reading or killing murlocs.   I wasn't heavy in my younger years but have never been active.  Now the weight has crept up too and I am tired and frustrated. 

I searched 'geek' and 'fitness' and found you guys.  Been lurking for a while.  I am not comfortable around a lot of people so the gym is not appealing but I don't want to continue down this lazy miserable path either.  I have some back issues which has been my go-to excuse for the last two years.  I also struggle with bipolar II, which tells me I can't do it.  I have to tell that one to shut it.  

My goal is no longer to be skinny but to be kick ass. I watch tough gals like White Canary as I shove in cheetos. This has to change!  Looking forward to swapping support with you guys and learning along the way. 

"Sometimes life is like this tunnel.  You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place." - Iroh

Thanks! A lot of the reviews out there said gym time is necessary for the workouts here.   Maybe I will feel differently with some strength and confidence but I'm not there at the moment.  Maybe that could be one of my goals! 

"Sometimes life is like this tunnel.  You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place." - Iroh

8 minutes ago, BrinaDawnsinger said:

Thanks! A lot of the reviews out there said gym time is necessary for the workouts here.   Maybe I will feel differently with some strength and confidence but I'm not there at the moment.  Maybe that could be one of my goals! 

When you're ready it is a good goal. But there is lots to do at home. You can do bodyweight stuff and yoga. I also do kettlebells. And some people buy weight sets and do those at home. You can also buy dumbbells for home use, and I have a pull- up bar.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Go Team at home! 

I've gone both ways. When I first started I had a personal trainer come to my house for two 1 hour sessions per week. I figured there was no point in paying a ton of money and travelling just to spend 5 minutes on a treadmill and then go home. My plan was just to get fit enough to make a decision on how to workout and where.

I did go the gym for about 6 months, the classes were worth it for me, but apart from that there really isn't much you can do at a gym that you can't do at home. My cat follows me around my home, perverts follow me around the gym. I know what I prefer by far!

• Like 2

* Peace and long life *

Half Vulcan, Halfway there.

Facebook - Fitbit  - Quests

PM for email details

I would much rather deal with my cats than perverts!  I like the idea of having a trainer come to the house but it may be a little out of my budget at the moment.  I set up goals for my first week and am going to check out exercises.  I am pretty excited to get started.

• Like 1

I have some at home workouts that I love. I'm seriously out of shape so I've started with ten minute trainer from Beach Body. It's an older program but I can do ten minutes. Might have to hit pause in the middle but I can still work my way through ten minutes. One I master that, then I'll look into adding more. This might be something for you to consider, (pick a type of workout that interests you)

• Like 1

That is a good idea @kathleensadvenutre  I have a family member who is selling the beach body/ shakeology stuff but the shakes are crazy expensive.  There are some good videos that are out at any store.  I plan to get some weights this weekend and get started gaining some strength! 

1 hour ago, BrinaDawnsinger said:

That is a good idea @kathleensadvenutre  I have a family member who is selling the beach body/ shakeology stuff but the shakes are crazy expensive.  There are some good videos that are out at any store.  I plan to get some weights this weekend and get started gaining some strength! 

That's an excellent plan! But in the mean time, soup cans make excellent starting weights. Or water bottles filled with water or rocks to adjust the weight.

• Like 2