Brand new to NF and asking for a hand.  I am so old that I pre-date video games, but I don't think there is any doubt that I am a nerd.  I worked at the first game shop in my home town (still have my first edition Player's Handbook), got in trouble for reading in class, and was captain of the debate team.

My Epic Quest is to become a level 50 Beach Bum.  I want to be able to have no physical limitations on the things that I already do: beach-combing, snorkeling, scuba, spear-fishing, kayaking, beach soccer, beach volleyball.  And I want to try out some things that my size would make difficult:  surfing, paddle-boarding, free-diving.  

I love the idea of NF!  I like breaking things down into attainable goals and using levels to track aggregate progress, so even if I don't hit a triathlon this year, I can see movement.    

I started 2016 at 334 lbs. (6'3"), which, sadly, was not my peak weight.  I started 2017 at 309.  So I know I can make inroads, but I had definitely plateaued.  The good news is that 305 had been my best weigh-in ever, which means that my life-style had improved to the point that I was not gaining weight even in the doldrums.  (I weigh twice weekly and consider 3-5 pounds to be fluctuation, not true loss or gain).

In 2015, I challenged myself to read 100 books and made it!  In 2016, I set a goal of 100 work-outs.  I made it, but kind of coasted in.  I had 50 by April.   April was also when I quit tracking my meals with MFP.  Bad idea.

So I am re-spawning!  I am back to tracking and I have set a goal of 12 work-outs a month, 10/12 months.  But as I have been reading, I can't out-run my fork.  I need to get deeper into the nutrition side if I want to build on last year's success.  While navigating NF after joining, I found the "diet levels" and assessed that I was likely a Level 2, making progress toward 3.  After a week, I wanted to go back and see what specifically I needed to do to reach that next level.  And now I can't find the description of the levels.  I am sure that it should be easy to find, but after two days of looking...   A little help?

• Like 3

Welcome from another nerd who pre-dates video games. I remember when my sister and I got a game system and we played png-it was the coolest thing ever.:) Love your epic quest! Do you live near the beach?

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I used to love to baby-sit for a family down the street because they were the only ones who had Pong!

@Elastigirl--I don't live by the water, but I did (Miami) and I have every intention of ending up on a warm beach as soon as my retirement fund will permit it!

I am working on a much more elaborate epic quest which will break down being a Beach Bum, Lvl. 50, into a wide variety of aspects, from spear-fishing to sailing to bartending, each of which starts with something attainable and progresses to some truly epic things, .  I hope to have that done by the end of this week.  Stayed tuned to this bat-channel!

• Like 2