Dealing with Foot Injuries

Hey guys!

So I'm actually brand new to these forums, but honestly I didn't know where else to go that I could really talk about this with.

So last week, I decided that I wanted to start a fitness vlog on YouTube. This vlog was going to be the way that I kept myself accountable for my fitness, starting doing both regular workouts and yoga, finally worked towards being #Ript, and maybe even talked abit about the business I'm starting. But now, I have an injury to deal with.

Turns out that I have Plantar Fasciitis because MY BODY HATES ME. Seriously, I started running again and just my foot decided that it wasn't going to stand for it. Now after I've let it sit for a while and just kinda hang there, when I get up to stand or walk on it, my foot feels the pain of a thousand cramps. (Not really, but I'm exaggerant.)

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you guys have dealt with something like this and what I might be able to do so that I can continue working out. I'll probably continue weightlifting and doing yoga, but maybe I should just give up on running--for a while anyways.

Idk. Maybe I should just give up on working out in general. (Ha! Good one, me.)

It's not the size knuckles of the boat knuckles that matters, it's the motion knuckles of the ocean knuckles.

Visit me at my humble website!

Yes!! I've tried getting back into running a couple times, only to have my patellar femoral pain syndrome (runners knee) flair up again. I've landed in the PT office in the past, but at this point I know what I need to be doing to fix it. It's just a matter of establishing the discipline to do the exercises. 

Your vlog idea sounds great, and I wouldn't let your foot injury stop you. There tons you can still do! It used to be that I framed my fitness in terms of my running ability- I was in marathon condition when my knees blew out. That turned out to be an opportunity to work on other things. It turns out that I like lifting, and I'm working on core strength (which benefits my knees). If you're super endurance minded, take up another activity like cycling, paddling, or high- rep kb swings, sledging, or snow shoveling. 

Whatever you decide, keep at it.  And post the link to your channel if you decide to go that route :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Hi iDecided,

I managed to develop a bad case of plantar fasciitis in both feet when I spent too many hours planting hundreds of flower bulbs. I pulled my Achilles and plantars in both feet.  For me, the key to my healing was to make sure I had the correct arch supports so the plantar ligament in the arch wasn't under more strain and I soaked my feet for 30 minutes to an hour in cold water every other evening to help draw out the heat.  Foot massages only make it worse because you're manipulating an area already irritated and inflamed. I imagine anti-inflammatories would help but I'm not big on pills so didn't try that. Good luck, White Cedar

In section 23 the book, Fixing Your Feet by John Vonhof, addresses plantar fasciitis.  This book has been recommended to me over and over as the go-to book on feet in reference to running an ultra marathon.  I haven't read it, yet...

(Already!?) Level 3 Ranger / Epic Declutterer / Prolific Writer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/163280

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."  - Jim Rohn