• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rockybalbooty

Monk Warrior Lady, lifting weights and punching faces

Hi everyone! I'm part of the Rising Heroes program and I'm following the 4 week challenges too. I love finding like-minded people for encouragement, inspiration, resources, ideas and humor! I'm 44 and run an MMA and fitness gym. I've been boxing and practicing Muay Thai for years, and I'm a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. I lift and do conditioning too with the goals of cross training and aging with strength and grace. As for leveling up.... I have too many directions I want to go, gotta narrow it down! 

I look forward to getting to know others here!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, rockybalbooty said:

Hi everyone! I'm part of the Rising Heroes program and I'm following the 4 week challenges too. I love finding like-minded people for encouragement, inspiration, resources, ideas and humor! I'm 44 and run an MMA and fitness gym. I've been boxing and practicing Muay Thai for years, and I'm a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. I lift and do conditioning too with the goals of cross training and aging with strength and grace. As for leveling up.... I have too many directions I want to go, gotta narrow it down! 

I look forward to getting to know others here!

Cool. Do you happen to be one of those overqualified blue belts as well?

1 hour ago, rockybalbooty said:

@Machete Overqualified? I definitely would not call myself overqualified at all lol. What are the stats I see under some people? str:, dex, sta etc?

Haha. We have blue belts who have been competing for 8 years. I heard about this black belt who was pissed because he was tapped-out by a blue belt (who turned out to be Chris Weidman).

Anyway, the stats are from an RPG system for the challenges we used sometime back. Some people still utilize it. (Haven't updated mine.)

1 hour ago, rockybalbooty said:

@Machete Overqualified? I definitely would not call myself overqualified at all lol. What are the stats I see under some people? str:, dex, sta etc?

Welcome on board! Those stats are well... Stats. You could use them to create and develop your character. If you want to know more follow this links:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Machete said:

Haha. We have blue belts who have been competing for 8 years. I heard about this black belt who was pissed because he was tapped-out by a blue belt (who turned out to be Chris Weidman).

Anyway, the stats are from an RPG system for the challenges we used sometime back. Some people still utilize it. (Haven't updated mine.)

Good grief! No, sandbagging is frowned upon here for sure. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 10:19 PM, rockybalbooty said:

Good grief! No, sandbagging is frowned upon here for sure. 

Haha. We don't necessarily call it sandbagging here. Our professor only promotes once a year. He like promoting late, thinking it's better to be an honest sandbagger than a self-promoted charlatan.

• Like 1