Bodies are weird

C'mon, lets face it. They are aren't they? 

Each of us is a little different, tall, short, thin, fat, some of us have long legs, some have long bodies, some have hairy hands, and some even have hairy feet! And I know at least half of you just winced when I said "feet". :P 

Our bodies are amazing. Their ability to heal themselves is astounding, the mechanics of how we move or even how our organs work is fascinating, but sometimes our bodies seem to do things that just make no sense at all. Take ear hair for example.

Exactly what is the evolutionary thinking behind ear hair? I'm talking the long, course, ugly hairs that every(?) man over the age of 40 develops. The kind that looks like it escaped from their head and is migrating south. Hey, maybe that's why men go bald. All the hair from the top of their head decides to go on vacation... "Where to this year Frank? I thought I might have a go at being an eyebrow or we could really push the boat out and try the nose for a change."

But weirdness isn't exclusive to the aging process, plenty of young bodies have their own unique weird things too. From being able to put you feet behind your head to having odd-shaped moles, our bodies are unique. 

I personally have a hair that can't make up its mind whether it's an eyebrow, a face hair or a head hair.  It's super fine, just like the hair on your face, but it grows on my eyebrow. This would be fine, no big deal, huh? No one will ever know it's there. Except.... it fancies trying its hand at being a head hair too.

The first time I noticed it was probably about 10 years ago. There was this hair that kept tickling my face, I would push my hair back but no matter what I did it kept tickling me on my cheek. I tried taking my glasses off to see if it was a hair that had got caught in the hinge or something. Nope. I tried tying my hair back. Nope, it was still tickling me!!!!

Finally I managed to find it in the mirror but when I went to lift it out of the way....**dink** The bloody thing was attached to my eyebrow!  It came to halfway down my cheek for fucks sake!!! Oh My God! How could I have been going around with this hair and nobody notice it??? Or tell me about it!!! 

The saving grace was that I always wore my hair long-ish with bangs so (dear God please let it be true) people would have only seen a stray hair from my fringe, if they saw anything at all. It was so fine, like baby hair and it was behind my glasses so it probably went unnoticed. But what the heck! Why was it even there? 

I have to search it out every now and again to pluck it, and thankfully it's never grown that long again, though it has made it as far as my eyelid. **shudder**

Which leads me to the question, what's weird about your body, and do you dare to share??? ;) 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I have one of those crazy long superfine hairs too! Mine's on my upper arm though. Although I have dark hair the crazy hair is white.

I grow moles in response to hormonal changes. Its genetic as my grandmother is the same. I had a bunch removed after hobbit #3, but they have mostly come back after hobbit #5. It makes me think I have skin cancer sometimes (I can be a hypochondriac) but all biopsies have been clear thus far.

• Like 2

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

I have a super hobbit hairy big toe that I have to shave weekly?! I tried epilating it, that hurts ^^

Back before I could afford a sofa I put my PC on a box and sat on the floor, with my bum on my heels. After a few months, I noticed I had a huge DENT in my bum cheek. It stayed for months after I stopped sitting like that.

I also produce enough methane gas to start some kind of eco power station... I'm glad this isn't a dating site. Lol.

19tomm.jpg

• Like 2

* Peace and long life *

Half Vulcan, Halfway there.

Facebook - Fitbit  - Quests

PM for email details

Like Rand I'm pretty much a broken person, if you look at an x-ray of my left arm/elbow it looks like a giant spiderweb; plus I have cracked my skull twice so I'm pretty much lucky to be alive

As for body hair, yea I'm a sweater with hobbit feet and a bald head

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Something I've always thought was a little odd about my legs is that my calves seem to be quite thick, like I have cankles but it's not fat.

I think it might be because I walked a huge amount when I was young and always wore hiking boots. I think I have over developed ankle muscles. :D  It makes my lower leg look odd, my calves don't have that nice curve to them that women's legs usually have. I wonder if I can find a pic to show what I mean...

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

"She's a brick house, mighty mighty, letting it all hang out...." Don't worry about it to much Guzzi I have Mountain Climbing friends that put my legs to shame, something about walking 1000+miles uphill through 46 mountains will do that to ya.  

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

This is from my progress pics, it's the best I can find right now but you can't really see it that well. My calves aren't really that big, it's my ankles that seem over developed. :unsure: Never mind, my butt makes up for my ankles! :D

e78a61a9b4dc69b8d80d7f9cc8c0aea1.png

Along with being mostly bald, i have essentially no hair on my legs..except for my knee caps. Massage therapists laugh at me...and complain about having to wax.

My shoulders are very non symmetrical due to baling straw as a teenager (we're talking over a inch difference in width and height where it joins my neck.

I have short legs/toes/fingers. Im 6' tall, but when seated am as tall as most 6'4" or so guys. Due to the short fingers, i have big, stiff, clublike hands, but can't even palm a volleyball. My hands also do not fold so i can't reach into jars

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Because of surgeries I have... no belly button! But it's been so long I can't imagine having one and now it's weird to me that other people do. #bellybuttonjealousy

Wow! Are you sure it was surgery? No chance you were hatched from an egg or something? (I seriously hope that's what you tell people when they ask) :D:D:D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Wow! Are you sure it was surgery? No chance you were hatched from an egg or something? (I seriously hope that's what you tell people when they ask) :D:D:D 

No one ever asks me if I have a belly button. ;) 

4 hours ago, wildross said:

Along with being mostly bald, i have essentially no hair on my legs..except for my knee caps. Massage therapists laugh at me...and complain about having to wax.

My shoulders are very non symmetrical due to baling straw as a teenager (we're talking over a inch difference in width and height where it joins my neck.

I have short legs/toes/fingers. Im 6' tall, but when seated am as tall as most 6'4" or so guys. Due to the short fingers, i have big, stiff, clublike hands, but can't even palm a volleyball. My hands also do not fold so i can't reach into jars

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On a similar not I have ridiculously large hands for a woman and have to wear men's gloves. Can we trade?

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

I'm mentioned this before but because of the damage to my pelvis in a crash my urine stream is displaced. Which basically means that I pee sideways. I have to sit funny on the toilet and I can't pee outside anymore because I literally just pee on my left foot. :( 

On 1/20/2017 at 5:08 PM, Guzzi said:

I'm mentioned this before but because of the damage to my pelvis in a crash my urine stream is displaced. Which basically means that I pee sideways. I have to sit funny on the toilet and I can't pee outside anymore because I literally just pee on my left foot. :( 

Have you seen the GoGirl? You can totally pee outside!

I grow side burns and hair under my chin. Like, beardly hair. :( I use hair removal cream and it hurts. Mom gave me a NoNo. It is kind of working? If you don't mind smoke rising from your face when you use it.

I have a soft spot on my coccyx that randomly hurts. It's theoretically from when I was impaled on a hook in 7th grade. But since it didn't start hurting until I was 29, we don't really know.

Oh, and my brain is deformed. For reals, I don't have a brain split, so I have no sense of smell. At all. I could hang out with @Rippleberry with no offended olfactory issues. :)

And I pop. Like everything pops, all the time. I stand up and sound like a bowl of rice crispies. It doesn't hurt, just sounds odd. In my tae kwondo class, my side kicks would make my hip pop so loudly, the instructor was convinced it had to be painful. He would cringe every time. When I had him convinced it was pain free, he would just move to the other side of the room when we did side kicks. 

In my old house, I had pretty good bathroom accoustics, so when I was showering, I would occasionally try to make things pop to a tune.

Done admitting embarrassing things now. ;)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PinkNinja said:

Have you seen the GoGirl? You can totally pee outside!

I think this is what we call a SheWee, which I have bought but I haven't actually practiced with it to be able to use it. I had one go and it was a total fail, lol! :D 

It says in the instructions to practice in the shower until you get the hang of it but I don't know if I could actually go in the shower... It's one of those situations where it's just so wrong that your body just won't comply - "Nope, I'm not going to go pee thank you." :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

I think this is what we call a SheWee, which I have bought but I haven't actually practiced with it to be able to use it. I had one go and it was a total fail, lol! :D 

It says in the instructions to practice in the shower until you get the hang of it but I don't know if I could actually go in the shower... It's one of those situations where it's just so wrong that your body just won't comply - "Nope, I'm not going to go pee thank you." :D 

Different brands but very similar. The GoGirl is not as rigid as the SheWee. There's also the PStyle. It's less like a funnel and more like a water slide. Before I was so overweight, I preferred the GoGirl, but being overweight, the PStyle is a little easier for me to use. 

I taught a backpacking class at a university. We had a girl's only day where we discussed different female issues with backwoods adventures & wound up comparing different ways to pee in the woods. Just feel like I should explain my knowledge of various female urination devices.

I have issues peeing if people are too near. Even when I KNOW they can't see me. Like, closed door. Public bathrooms with stalls are hell. So I totally understand. :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PinkNinja said:

I taught a backpacking class at a university. We had a girl's only day where we discussed different female issues with backwoods adventures & wound up comparing different ways to pee in the woods. Just feel like I should explain my knowledge of various female urination devices.

Cool!!! I'm also I was into backpacking and rough camping. It's something I'd love to get back to doing one day. :) 

• Like 1

Ah yes, aging men and random hairs.

A couple weeks ago something kept tickling my eye, felt like a hair, but my hair isn't that long.  I thought I might have gotten a hair stuck in my eyeglass frame and that was tickling me, but when I took my glasses off I still felt it.  Finally looked in the mirror and oh-my-God-where-did-that-eyebrow-hair come from.  A single eyebrow hair long enough to hang down and tickle my eye, surrounded by it's normal length brethern.  Sucker must've been two inches long, and CURLY!  Like a misplaced pube.  PLUCK!

I have pancake-flat feet and a lazy left eye.  The eye mostly shows when I'm tired, it points at my nose.  As a result I don't have very good binocular vision, and got called cross-eyed a lot when I was a kid (which is probably part of the reason I'm so anti-social.  When people first meet me they think I'm a grouchy, cantankerous, anti-social old bastard.  Once they get to know me they realize they were mistaken.  My parents were married.).

• Like 2

I have a brain that does a lot of thinking without my input, and wants six different things at once.  All the time.  It's really a lot like having a bunch of different brains that are closely connected, but are not a single entity.  And I have no idea which one is me.

Wanna know what's creepy?  So do you.  This is your brain on half a billion years of evolution.  It's a human brain on top of a primate brain on top of a mammal brain on top of a lizard brain on top of a fish brain on top of a squishy thing that just has a spinal nerve which is bigger at one end.  And they all live in your head, and they all want things. (Brains are so cool.  But also really, really weird.)

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

My bf has got no toenails on his big toes, he had them removed a few years back because of problems he had with ingrown toenails. Now, all he has is a thick, hard skin where the nails used to be. It's freaky. 

@Mark D. How do those hairs grow so long? It's like they grow over night. And they also go from brown to gray or white instantaneously. I've never found a 1/2 white hair. Either all brown, or all white. and if my head hair (what little I have) is white now...why is my knee hair still dark brown?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

@wildross:  I suspect there's a nobel prize for anyone who can answer any of those questions.....  Those random hair things never seem to happen to women either, but they have other issues. (I say this as a man whose wife is going thru menopause.  Best to make sure you THINK before you open your mouth, even more so than you used to.  Having a ready supply of chocolate is helpful too.)

I always expected to go grey early because my Dad did, he was in his early 40s when he met my Mom and she first thought he had blond hair because it was grey and he used Vitalis in it, which gave it a yellowish tint.  For those who are too young to recall Vitalis, it's an oil men used in their hair in the 1950s and 1960s to keep it in place.

On our anniversary last year my wife posted a picture from out wedding on FB, in 1999 I still had mostly brown in my beard, not it's almost all grey but there's still a lot of brown on top of my head.  Like an old dog going grey around the muzzle I guess.