Greetings, Rebellion.

I've been reading "Level Up Your Life" and believe I'm ready to get to it. In some respects, I have already made some headway on my own... but now I need to start the real levelling.

I've never been a runner, not in middle school, high school or college. Mine is not a comeback story, but an adult-onset athlete sort of thing. Started running 2 years and some change ago, a few 5k, 5 or 6 half marathons, and on my 49th birthday (last month) finished my first full marathon (which I figured counted for a 50 XP starting point).

Scout as a class seemed pretty easy, though there is a bit of monk to me as well. Setting up quests has been a revealing experience. My short term big boss is a 50km (or 31 mile) trail race in February of 2018 (50 @ 50). At a certain point of time, this may have been my highest aim, but thinking Hero journey, I've decided to aim for EPIC level stuff, aka the Western States 100 mile foot race... might take a few years, but EPIC journeys often require EPIC time and patience.

So, enough for now.

We're all runners, some of us just don't know it yet. (Tip for beginner distance runners - "Slow Down!! If it feels like work, you're going to fast.")

• Like 3

Greetings fellow runner! Congrats on completing your races! I totally agree with the idea that we're all runners. Personally believe anyone can run an ultra if they put their mind to it.

Hope you keep pushing strong into your journey!

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome

50km?!? :hororr: It's an awesome goal, but I'm not a runner, so that sounds horrific. ;) What I've learned from my buddies who run is that it's sometimes best to train with shorter distances, and only do the really long treks once every few months to check pacing & etc. Would love to hear how your training goes!

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...