First Tri - Training Plan help

Hi I'm going to be aiming for an Olympic Tri in July and do a Sprint in May for practice, trying to figure out a training plan that will work in my schedule: I have the 5-9 hours to be able to train though most will be indoors until summer time, the thing that I'm struggling with is that I have to factor in that my main transportation is by bike and I bike with 80lbs of kid to get to the gym and one day a week is errand day where I bike around 15-25km with them just broken up between stops and how to factor this into training.  My bike to the gym is 5km each way again with the kid cargo and then to add in brick training....oh and my weakest area is running, swimming is fairly strong and biking is probably the strongest but my weakness is hills

Ranger in training

We are all Stories in the end just make it a Good One

Pounds to loose: 120 98

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, Lyatril said:

Hi I'm going to be aiming for an Olympic Tri in July and do a Sprint in May for practice, trying to figure out a training plan that will work in my schedule: I have the 5-9 hours to be able to train though most will be indoors until summer time, the thing that I'm struggling with is that I have to factor in that my main transportation is by bike and I bike with 80lbs of kid to get to the gym and one day a week is errand day where I bike around 15-25km with them just broken up between stops and how to factor this into training.  My bike to the gym is 5km each way again with the kid cargo and then to add in brick training....oh and my weakest area is running, swimming is fairly strong and biking is probably the strongest but my weakness is hills

I am not an experienced Tri runner(I actually am training for my first right now), but so far one of the better training plans I found out there is Gale Bernhardt's book, Training Plans for the Multisport Athlete

Gale's book includes a variety of different training programs for different kinds of athletes for different Triathlon race types. Think it'll be worth checking out

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome