Misspelled words

I have a lot of trouble with millennials (all those double letters!)

As for words I have to sound out, after minoring in political theory, "bu-RE-AU-cracy" (which is not at all how you pronounce bureaucracy but helps me spell it every time)

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, tyrannosaurus rose said:

I always spel recommend wrong, I'm convinced that it should be a double C at the start. 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

I always spel recommend wrong

You also spelled "spell" wrong. ;)

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

4 hours ago, tyrannosaurus rose said:

I thought this was the bad joke thread for a minute before I realized you were talking about spelling.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So many words!!

Unfortunately - always spell that wrong. Like right now. Only showing up correctly is because of spell check

Definitely - ALWAYS wrong. To the point that my autocorrect doesn't even try to correct it anymore. Or it gets changed to defiantly. Completely different word. 

But those are my top two. 

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

14 hours ago, Wolfen said:

You also spelled "spell" wrong. 

11 hours ago, tyrannosaurus rose said:

It's those double letters, I'm telling you!

Bahahaha! :D   It was my dodgy phone that time, I swear! :D:D:D 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

10 hours ago, hurley8604 said:

So many words!!

Unfortunately - always spell that wrong. Like right now. Only showing up correctly is because of spell check

Definitely - ALWAYS wrong. To the point that my autocorrect doesn't even try to correct it anymore. Or it gets changed to defiantly. Completely different word. 

But those are my top two. 

Are you sure you definitely always spell definitely wrong?  That's unfortunate :P 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hurley8604 said:

This is my one too. I always type it as definently... No idea why... I know there isn't a second 'n' in there...

• Like 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

6 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Are you sure you definitely always spell definitely wrong?  That's unfortunate :P 

Haha, oh yes, I am definite... unfortunately :)

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Found another word last night. Wedding. I always want to spell it with a double "e" instead of the double "d".

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

On 1/23/2017 at 11:29 AM, Butternut said:

Does anyone have that one (or two, or maybe even some more) words that every time you type it you misspell it or suddenly can't remember how to spell it?

I can never seem to write exercise, I always start it "exc" (auto correct won't let me misspell it),

For the past few weeks I too have been writing excercise instead of exercise at least 4 times out of 5. This is so obnoxious AND it doesn't even fit in with my other trouble words, which are all double-letter issues! 

"reccomend"  and "accadamy"

Every. Fricking. Time!  The number of times I've had to back and forth correcting those two words to get them spelled right (I don't have auto correct on my netbook), you'd think I would know them off by heart by now.  *groan*

• Like 1

I figured out 3 more words this weekend that I always spell wrong:

alcohol

license

diarrhea

Luckily, that 3rd word I don't need to spell all that often. But when I do, it's always spelled wrong. 

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

On 05/06/2017 at 2:25 PM, hurley8604 said:

I figured out 3 more words this weekend that I always spell wrong:

alcohol

license

diarrhea

Luckily, that 3rd word I don't need to spell all that often. But when I do, it's always spelled wrong. 

Dash In And Rush, Really Hurry or Else Accident

You're welcome! :D 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Dash In And Rush, Really Hurry or Else Accident

You're welcome! :D 

OMG! That is amazing! I was on a client call when I read this and had to stop myself from actually laughing out loud. Yea, I'll remember how to spell that going forward!

• Like 2

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I had a tough time with "metamorphosis" today. 

I tried basically every vowel in that spot except 'o', much to my own frustration: 

metamorphesis 

metamorphasis 

metamorpheses (plural?)

metamorphisis 

I usually spell it without issue... but every now and again, there's a word like this, and I just can't seem to find the right vowel for my needs. I wonder if it's a pronunciation issue?

• Like 2