So I am only a few weeks in, and I'm already respawning. I haven't kept with a diet at all, and eating snack food I have laying around the house until next paycheck. I had a big bill to take care of with my cat, so I am nearly broke until then.

I am restarting with going back to the gym at least 3x weekly after I recover from my double ear infection. I figured it'd make my balance issues easier lol.

Overall I feel ashamed that I have already failed so early on. I hate that I lack discipline for something I feel is very important. But all I can do is try again once my ears clear up, and try not to screw up again.

1. Going back to the gym and doing the Beginner's Bodyweight Workout.

2. Buying more cookable foods. No more chips and crap.

3. Learn to eat veggies with every meal. Be it in the food or on the side.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Allllll the cookable foods. Make sure you find foods that you enjoy eating. Example: I lost 30 lbs a few years ago...eating nothing but wimpy salads. These days, I maybe eat a salad once every 2 weeks, because I don't like them!

Just keep in mind, failing is not a bad thing. No one is born being great at stuff, we all have to learn. You got this, friend :)

Allllll the cookable foods. Make sure you find foods that you enjoy eating. Example: I lost 30 lbs a few years ago...eating nothing but wimpy salads. These days, I maybe eat a salad once every 2 weeks, because I don't like them!

Just keep in mind, failing is not a bad thing. No one is born being great at stuff, we all have to learn. You got this, friend [emoji4]

Thanks. I'm getting started as soon as I recover from these ear infections.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey ninjabiscuit!

I'm super proud of you for reaching out and looking for support! :) I'm sorry to hear about your cat troubles, and I hope your kitty is okay! Your ear infections sound painful and not fun at all :( Life seems to be testing you. It does that sometimes. You are still here though and you are still fighting! Money is always extremely stressful, and feeling a void there can definitely lead to "falling off the wagon". That totally makes sense. One of my biggest take aways from joining this site, (and I seriously just joined and am a total newbie) is small slow changes. The idea of changing behaviors slowly and celebrating the little things is a life-changer. You listed some pretty fantastic goals, and I would totally encourage you to maybe implement one a week, instead of doing them all at once. Sometimes sudden changes can lead to setbacks, so for example you could buy a smaller bag of your favorite chips, AND buy some veggies and cook at least ONE meal with veggies. If you end up cooking more meals with veggies - Great! But even just planning for one meal and succeeding in that can feel awesome! I don't know if this would help, but maybe if you buy your favorite chips and portion them out in ziploc bags? 

You can do this and I'm rooting for you!! 

Taymonsta

@Ninjabiscuit417, well done for recognising that you've gotten into a bit of a sticky spot, I know for me it took me a few weeks before something clicked in my head and I had that "Aha" moment when I realised I had fallen off the waggon. I myself am currently going through a respawn of sorts. For me I've found the following things have worked: 

1) as mentioned by taymonsta small sustainable changes are the key to this whole battle. I tried to go 'cold turkey' with everything and it ended up with me eating everything I vowed to never touch every again after day 3 :(. The 2nd time round I decided to make slow changes and so far I've stuck to them until the last two months :( (my respawn is starting now) 

2) Meal Prep (this is another key) I've found meal prepping my trigger meals (those meals where I'm most likely to eat cr*p or junk food). it started off as meal prepping healthy snacks (carrots, hummus, apples, peanut butter, yoghurt and blueberries etc). These small changes can go a long way. 

3) I'm sure you've heard this before, but, i'll mention it anyways, the key to long term sustainability, is altering ones mindset instead of viewing this as a 'diet' try looking at this as a 'healthy lifestyle', and don't view it as something that limits you in what you can eat, think of it as something that allows you to enjoy all these great foods. 

My last bit of advice is probably the most cliche thing we come across on multiple forums, just take each day as it comes, meal by meal, workout by workout and most importantly remember it's OK to fail, just get back up and back on it use each failure as a way of improving yourself so the next time you are faced with the issue you can use the past experience to overcome it. 

Goodluck with the respawn! 

I failed completely on my first challenge. Then I came back..; and failed again. Then I came back again... and failed again.

Filing is part of the process. :)

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)