Go Hard or Go Home! Green's Battle Log.

Day 1 of C25K - Ran it once, kept walking for another 15 minutes then realized that I was more then 3 miles away from home. I'm new to my neighborhood and I got lost lol. So did 6 or 7 miles altogether. Mostly walking, some running.

Landlord is storing his weight training system on my porch as of today. Yay! So I will start weight training this week. Debating if I should get a trainer to show me the correct forms. I don't need a one eay ticket to Snap City.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Wake Your Dreams...

Hiya!!

This is just what's working for me (so far!) in terms of form -- I've been watching a million YouTube videos and reading tons on the Starting Strength wiki page, and I feel like with squats I can check my form in mirrors ok (I have gym access) but totally need to video myself for the others before I get heavy. The thought of that freaks me out haha. I've been doing squats for a few weeks now, and yesterday finally could tell I have enough muscle memory to start to focus on the lift instead of only the form, and my back is very happy I took it slow :)

ok, so I was also gonna say that you are someone that I look forward to reading your posts, and I love your user name and sig, and your pic just makes me wanna hang out with you, but that all sounded creepy lol

I just read your blog posts, though, and damn girl I love what you've said, so many things that I've thought about and could think about more, and I wish i had a knotted friendship bracelet to offer :D

Did my first real weight training today.

Benched 55lbs 3 reps of 10

And lots of other stuff that I don't know the names for but I feel like a boss.

One of the exercises on a machine (Yes evil I know) I did 100lbs. Some kind of press but in the middle of my third set of reps my ADHD got the best of me as I remarked to my BFF "OMG did you see that chick's shoes. I love them! Think she'll notice if I steal them off her feet?" Of course this was while the music died all of a sudden and half the weight room started laughing. Thank god she did too. :D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Wake Your Dreams...

Spent all day yesterday working at a Cinco de Mayo festival I've been helping plan at work since January. After burning a few hundred calories doing set up and lifting heavy things, I burned a few gazillion more doing event photography (which I love doing for fun), dancing, and talking with almost everyone I met.

The trouble with Mexicanos is that they want to constantly feed you and tell you about their brother/cousin/nephew/friend who is single and don't worry I'll have kids soon. Cracks me up hysterically but still it was nice to be thought of in that way. All in all, a great day and a great way to be active all day.

Wake Your Dreams...

Walked/ran 5k this morning. Joined gym. Lifted weights. Job interview at gym tmrw :) Today has been awesome to me!

Oh HELLSYEAH!
The trouble with Mexicanos is that they want to constantly feed you and tell you about their brother/cousin/nephew/friend who is single and don't worry I'll have kids soon. Cracks me up hysterically but still it was nice to be thought of in that way.

That sounds like so much fun! And one of my favorite jobs was working at a restaurant with Mexican immigrants, it was fascinating and a little scary how one woman ran the show LOL - my bf at the time also worked there, and this woman was always pissed at me that I didn't get up early to cook him a hot breakfast, so she'd bring it for him, then yell at me more that I didn't go home and cook straightaway. It was awesome. Oh and I was the shift manager and night cook but every time she came in she'd rearrange the whole kitchen to suit her order hahaha. She also was always telling us to get married and start having babies, I was getting old (21-22). Oh man I forgot about that, those were fun times :)
Took the day off, had a few beers, hung out with family and played videogames. All in all, good day. I'll happily pay my dues at the gym tomorrow.

Sounds like a perfect weekend overall!!!

Walked to the gym 1.5 miles, and 1.5 hrs of weight training (All arm). Barbell press was a little more stable. Benched 2 reps of ten at 55. Lbs and 8 at 60 lbs. Working on better form. Did various exercises with 15 lb dumb bells. Focusing on getting right arm leveled up with left. Really need to learn names of exercises so I can track improvements. Tmrw is arm/back. Wed is legs, my favorite, and the easiest to push myself with because I have pretty strong legs. All in all good workout.

Wake Your Dreams...

No sure if scale is lying. Says 188 now but I haven't worked out aside from walking once in the last week and a cleaning spree as well. Did notice that I stopped my plateau when I got off paleo. Didn't realize how little I was eating and my body got pissed. Also haven't been this weight since high school. 38 lbs to go. I'm really looking forward to the next 15 lbs though. One day at a time baby!

Wake Your Dreams...

Heck yeah! Fasted today which wasn't intentional but had a great workout and lots of energy! Walked 3 miles briskly, and worked on shoulders and back at the gym. Watched a chick do some bad ass deadlifts and I'm totally inspired! But she caught me looking and frowned at me. Really? So thats twice she's given me dirty looks so pffft I'm just gonna ask a guy to show me. Saw one today who seemed to know what he was doing. Figured I'd ask while he's resting between sets next time I see him. Time to hunt up someof dinner and play videogames =)

Wake Your Dreams...

Thanks Kat! You rock girl!

Workout was great! Yay for leg day. Best part? 140lbs on leg press/squat machine thingy. Plus thats my first time doing it since 2008! Oh and... my eye candy today? Guy doing squats with vibrams! :drools: Gonna ask him to show me how! Dammit I feel great.

Sidenote- Quit smoking. Read that smoking ages your lings. My poor lungs :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Wake Your Dreams...

Went easy today. Two mile walk, 1 1/2 at gym, legs and dumb bell training. I like Fridays because there aren't a lot of people there and I did have the gym to myself for a good 1/2 hr until one of my favorite eye candy men walked in =) Can't say I minded in the least. This one is my type all over. Tall, dark hair, facial hair/beard, broad shoulders, with a little padding that suggests he appreciates a beer here and there. He looks like a lumberjack that went corporate and its :drooling: delicious. Anyways :fans self:Whoo got hot in here all of a sudden. All in all, good workout.

Wake Your Dreams...

Great workout. Added ten lbs to my bench press. Seeing gains in every exercise by 5 to 10 lbs for the week. Right arm is more stable finally. Working out is becoming my favorite part of the gym.

A guy even approached my workout buddies and me and said that he liked seeing us work hard at the gym. Made my day =) Not seeing weight loss on the scale but I'm still under 200 lbs so I'm happy with results so far.

I think I'm finally kicking smoking. Had first one today since Thursday but I didn't buy a pack. Just bummed it so that keeps me from smoking a whole pack. I feel better overall. Withdrawal sucks and I'm a crab ass but working out helps alleviate the moodiness. For once it pays to live alone.

Eventually I'll start writing down the exercises as soon as I learn the names of them. Mainly machines but I'm not going to feel super guilty cause I know that I'm working on getting stronger everyday. End of summer goal... A workout list like Katscratch!

Wake Your Dreams...