Go Hard or Go Home! Green's Battle Log.

2.5 mile walk which I've shaved time off over the past couple of weeks. Still can't run but I'm hoping I will next week. I've been getting light-headed at the gym so I started mixing a cup of OJ with a liter of water and today I didn't have any problems at all =) Did full arm/shoulder/core circuit early this morning. Did do leg press but to be honest thats my favorite exercise and I gain really fast in my legs (strength, not so much muscle). Up to 180 lbs there which was my goal for the week to be able to rep ten of them full squats without problems. My goal is 260 by the end of the summer.

So I'm attaching badly taken pics of my translucent legs so you can see the definition I'm noticing. =)

4af37bc7-9086-6b5a.jpg4af37bc7-9093-dbab.jpg4af37bc7-909e-f0f6.jpg

And today's random image...

4af37bc7-91a7-7d4d.jpg

My beautiful niece demonstrating exactly how I feel today cause I'm going to the beach with 25 kindergarteners =D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Wake Your Dreams...

Hey hey! You are seriously kicking some butt this past week!!! So much awesomeness up in this log!!!!

I am totally impressed at your being able to add weight to your bench, my noodle arms don't like that hahahaha. It still amazes me, though, how much FUN it is getting stronger -- I never would have thought that I'd end up enjoying lifting as much as I do, but there's something about feeling more physically badass each time and being able to quantify progress that works for me!

Also, I am so glad someone has legs almost as translucent as mine :) Well, until I burnt a stripe down the front of my shins....that will peel off any day now and I'll go back to being able to trace my entire circulatory system from toes to nose!

Back to gym today. Saw a couple of regulars and a lot of new faces. Did arms and core today. Added planking, sit-ups and obliques. (Until I add lifting, I need something else to help tone the middle here. Just tired of this weird boxy shape I have right now.)

On a personal note, I've been writing a lot more and looking for solid paying job. I've decided to take a break from school. Just need to figure out what direction I want my career to go into cause I keep bouncing back and forth. (Terrified of picking the wrong career).

I'm passionate about so many things that it's hard to focus on one. And unfortunately you can no longer make money having a life like a poor modern day Di vinci if you have no money to eat. :)

Wake Your Dreams...

Didn't quit, just got busy. Still walking everyday but not hitting the gym like I was. Going to teach myself how to use the smith machine here at the house cause walking to the gym then to work is killing time that I don't have room for in my day. (40 mins each way when I could be working out at home/cooking instead) So I'm swapping gym for running/bodyweights and when I get a car, I'll hit the gym again. :)

Wake Your Dreams...

I hear you on the --got busy--

I also can sympathize with the time thing, I rode the bus to work all last year (and to my previous job for 10 years), including 20 below with colder windchill days in our 9 month winter of hell last year. Now that I'm driving it blows my mind how much extra time I have!!

I'm realizing that ANY activity is better than none, which is all very logical, but even if I can't make it to the gym just getting outside keeps me motivated to go back. I have never been that person :) Sounds like you're staying on top of it and making your situation work FOR you, which is awesome!!

A rather eventful update:

Reached a new goal: 185 lbs down from 263 lbs Woot!

Around the same time I hit this goal, I hadn't been feeling well for awhile and when the pain got too much one weekend, went to the ER and turned out I had multiple huge freaking gallstones (the smallest was like 4 cms). So gallbladder came out and another procedure took stones out pf my bile duct as well (which had led to a massive infection and a very very pissed off liver).Spent 4 days in the hospital and in the end some interesting things happened which I will write about later.

Right now I'm recovering at my sister's house in Atlanta who is also recovering from a partial hysterectomy she had 3 weeks ago. This makes it easier for friends and family to visit/help care for us.

All in all I would say this was a big wake up call for me. Even though my vitals were good (low blood pressure, low cholesterol and I'm no longer obese), I almost died cause of the stone in my bile duct would have ruptured either my liver or gallbladder within a day (doc exaggerated most likely) but they operated even though I had no health insurance. The stones weren't moving which made them a big deal.

I thought I was getting healthier but when I first started getting the gallstone attacks, I should have seen a doctor and not try to WebMD myself. It would have saved me a year worth of pain. :)

While I recover, I plan to revisit my health goals and take them a little more seriously. With no gallbladder I really have to watch my diet and exercise so I don't put on serious weight. :)

Keep cool y'all!

Wake Your Dreams...