Back to Weightlifting

Hi! So I've made a lot of intentions for the New Year, and engaging on this forum is one of them. Instead of trying to start on New Year's Day, I decided to wait a little longer, until I got into my groove of how my years gonna go. This year I also decided to pick up weightlifting again. I'm a Buti Yoga instructor (just got certified last October) and while my mind and soul feels so complete with yoga, I realize I MISS feeling strong. I miss lifting heavy things. I miss the burn. I miss the smile I get after I just lifted a crapload of weight.

with that being said, I'm lifting 2 days a week right now, Buti 3 days. Last week, deadlift was 70 lbs. This past Monday, deadlift at 100 lbs. Writing that down was so empowering. BOOYAH.

We're getting strong, friends.

• Like 2

I feel ya! I miss lifting too, it's such a boost to do a heavy workout. I mean, you feel sore afterwards, but it's a good kind of sore. Good on you for getting back to it. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, Lydiechan said:

Awesome!  I love it!  You could deadlift half of me.  Keep going til you can do the whole 200 pounds!!

I cant wait til I can say I deadlift more than I weigh. I am so excited :D

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:58 AM, Guzzi said:

I feel ya! I miss lifting too, it's such a boost to do a heavy workout. I mean, you feel sore afterwards, but it's a good kind of sore. Good on you for getting back to it. 

YES exactly!!! Feeling that strong is such an amazing feeling, no way to describe it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mmead0105 said:

I cant wait til I can say I deadlift more than I weigh. I am so excited :D

Can't wait to see your progress!  

I remember the day I deadlifted my own weight perfectly.  I was soooo giddy the rest of the day, my non-lifting friends were very patient with me :) 

• Like 1

Level 5 Warrior

Current Challenge | Battle Log | Instagram | Symmetric Strength

"Life's like Sanskrit read to a pony" - Lou Reed