Stats

Character Name: SlowHorse

Class: Scout

Level: 1

Battle Log: Entry One. A good day.

Wasn't planning to start this yet, but a good day might not be a bad start. Okay, goals and statuses...

Nutrition: Yeah, working on that one. Intermittent Fasted today (second time this week, we'll see if it sticks). Overall nutrition not bad, but not focused. Mostly just being mindful of what decisions I make.

Strength Training: Work in progress, clueless novice. On day 26 of a 30 day ab challenge (tonight was 18 leg extensions, 18 roll ups, 18 ankle reaches, 18 reverse crunches, 18 crisscrossed... don't know if these are actual names of exercises or just what they're called in the challenge,  but whatever). Also did 30 push ups (10 in morning, 20 tonight) and 3 sets of inverse rows (12 reps).

Running: 6 miles after work. Hoping to start a 30 day run streak (not sure if today is day 1 or not).

Short Term Big Time Goals: Immediate thoughts all center on the Double Dipsea (a wicked hard half marathon trail race in June). Conditioning, diet, runs... everything needs to be focused on the Double Dipsea. At a max. of 750 runners, getting in won't be easy either.

Dipsea-Stairs.jpg

Battle Log: Entry Two. 

Forgot a couple of stats.

Height: 6 foot (or 1.8288 meters)

Weight: 180 lbs. (or 12.8571429 stone. Wasn't sure if our European friends use stone or kilograms, but decided stone sounds more badass... at least until you take it out seven decimal places).

Nutrition: Second straight day of IF. Didn't mind skipping breakfast, not snacking after dinner is little more noticeable.

Strength Training: Turns out I've been doing push ups wrong (thanks, Steve!), so now I'm even weaker than I thought. Did manage 4 chin ups tho... and yeah, leaving out how many real push ups I can do wasn't an oversight. Did day 27 of ab challenge (same as yesterday plus 1 of each exercise). Planked for 2 minutes, 10 seconds (yesterday did 2 even).

Running: Did 3.59 miles tonight (maybe day 2. of streak?).

Definitely need to work on upper body strength. Would like to work up to trying out some Ido Portal moves someday... but not likely someday soon. 

Work in progress is still progress. Long run tomorrow.

7a2df380f92d25e1d5a0b7d048b88b51.jpg

Battle Log: Entry Three.

Nutrition: Day 3 IF - No trouble maintaining, but things to watch (see Running).

Strength Training: Day 28 of ab challenge (20 of each). 10 (correct) push ups. 1:30 plank.

Running: Originally planning to do a long run, but opted to shoot for 8 miles due to plans to go hiking with family. Just as well because I had to walk mile 6 up Coyote hill (named after the fact that I saw a coyote once when slogging my way up it. Coyote hill is a steady climb for the better part of a mile). 

This is one of my go to routes, so I was a little disappointed that I needed to walk it... until I remembered the intermittent fasting. I got a late start on the run and it wasn't until I started walking that I realized I hadn't eaten in almost 16 hours. Apparently, that can make it somewhat difficult to run uphill on mile 6 (not that my "run" up Coyote hill is much faster than a walk).

Still, I was pleased that I was able to run the last 2 miles. Tomorrow, probably a short 3.5 miles (either earlier in the day or after lunch).

GOING FOR A RUN WHILE FASTING

facepalm_doing_it_wrong.jpg

Battle Log: Entry Four.

Nutrition: IF day 4 (though not the healthiest of choices).

Strength Training: 11 correct pushups, day 29 of 30 day ab challenge (21 of each). 2:20 plank.

Running: 3.5 miles, day 4 of (possible?) 30 day run streak. Even though just 3.5, not an easy run. Took the uphill direction of Dominguez trail which includes an SLB (Steep Little Bastard) hill right at the end. 

Doing consecutive days running is proving to be a bit more of a challenge than I had been anticipating. Felt yesterday's run from the outset... Hoping this will pass as days go by. Super Sunday 10k next week... and the wife is running it too (her first beyond a 5k. It was supposed to be me and my daughter, but she completely bailed on training for it).

Other Life Battles: Started decluttering yesterday, did more today. Took about 20 or so books to sell/donate at Half Price Books and tossed a couple trashbags of, um, trash away (including manuals and back up CDs from a computer that I haven't had for at least 4 years).

Hoping to do a little bit each day until I get to a reasonable living space. Spark joy and all that.

Trying to build on various momentums while things are gelling (so as to have a decent foundation for when trickier days come around). Straightening out my life is tiring work, a little after 8 and I'm ready for bed.

1eb0023072d2409f6177dab605e3eb80.jpg

Battle Log: Entry Five - "How do you make God laugh?"

Reevaluations: So, a situation arose today that needed to be addressed. Specifically, a small twinge behind my left knee. Went back and forth about it, and decided to listen to my body and not run today... meaning a grand total of 4 days on the running streak (this time around at any rate).

Still planning to do day 30 of the 30 day ab challenge, my pushups and plank, plus some foam rolling, but obviously disappointed. But not defeated.

It is slow going - this becoming a hero stuff- but I've already traveled quite a way. For background (and to remind myself), I used to weigh close to 250 lbs. (or 17.857 stone) about 4 years ago. Taking up running helped, not eating unhealthy food whenever it was around helped more. Lost over 25 lbs. (1.79 stone) last year alone... a few just by walking past the cupcakes and doughnuts next to the coffee pot at work.

I've done more in the last couple years than I would've thought possible a few years back. Still, seems like a long way to go to get where I want to be. So, yeah... disappointed.

th_kindlephoto-371269864.jpg