Volki: Erudite Chronicles

2 hours ago, Volki said:

I started Juggernaut again today and holy hell it was tough! I thought it would help that I have already gone through Jug once before but nope! Very close to throwing up but I finished the workout.

The main issue I think is trying to pick the most appropriate maxes to use for calculating your starting weights. I don't think it's supposed to make you puke! But if it gets better after this than you are probably golden. If you keep dying then maybe adjust the weights? 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The main issue I think is trying to pick the most appropriate maxes to use for calculating your starting weights. I don't think it's supposed to make you puke! But if it gets better after this than you are probably golden. If you keep dying then maybe adjust the weights? 

Lol yeah its cuz I have spent the last week being lazy and eating like crap but loving every minute of it. I had a protein shake when I got home and it calmed everything down. But yeah I definitely see Jug as a guidline and I change the daily weight depending on the time I have and how Im feeling.

5 hours ago, Laghail said:

Jug not, lest ye be jugged.

Beautiful sir, I am proud of you for this one :)

1 hour ago, Broba Fett said:

Yep.  That looks awful. 

It kind of was but was also fun in a masochistic way. Looking forward to making it through this week 1 of phase 10 stuff so i can get back to more reasonable rep schemes lol

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Volki said:

It kind of was but was also fun in a masochistic way.

I tried to find a version of that 50 shades "I have unconventional desires..." meme featuring a power rack or weights but was unsuccessful.

Whatever pumps your iron man. No judgement here. 

• Like 2
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

2 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

I tried to find a version of that 50 shades "I have unconventional desires..." meme featuring a power rack or weights but was unsuccessful.

Whatever pumps your iron man. No judgement here. 

Found this one :)

1050f5756e0448525dd8ae74d1b77c95.jpg

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

Image result for pumps your iron meme

1 hour ago, Broba Fett said:

Image result for arnold every time i get a pump gif

Lol amazing 

I wish I had that much fun in the gym. Maybe I need to try harder.

1318005179844.png

• Like 4
On 3/8/2017 at 5:35 PM, Broba Fett said:

When in doubt, go harder. 

13 hours ago, Laghail said:

It makes me deeply happy, like balls deep happy, that this discussion occurred on Women's day.

Lol definitely the rules I live by. Haha awesome, me too. I am proud of you guys always striving to keep it classy ;)

giphy.gif

Welp, I have full body DOMS today so that was pretty cool walking like I almost know how to human. Also!!! I submitted to start my bachelors degree classes!! I am going for a B.S in Natural Science with a Biology concentration. I am hoping to get the degree knocked out so I can apply for med school. Either way i am very excited to go back to school. I am just waiting to see what credits they will accept from my military experience and credits. 

Where my science nerds at?!

giphy.gif

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Volki said:

Welp, I have full body DOMS today so that was pretty cool walking like I almost know how to human.

Being human is overrated. 

10 hours ago, Volki said:

Also!!! I submitted to start my bachelors degree classes!! I am going for a B.S in Natural Science with a Biology concentration. I am hoping to get the degree knocked out so I can apply for med school. Either way i am very excited to go back to school. I am just waiting to see what credits they will accept from my military experience and credits. 

Where my science nerds at?!

giphy.gif

So #&^&%&^$^ proud of you!

I'm a science nerd!!! What kind of science/medicine do you want to do? I'm not a scientist but I work with physician scientists and science is.... 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

raw

I always loved science thanks to my dad (he had a chemistry degree and was a pharmacist and made us all equally obsessed with science) but the real kicker was my medical DISASTER and so now here I am having a useless MSW but instead working with physician scientists as an administrator. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Way to go on getting back to school man! I keep procrastinating on doing so.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Me too i haven't been in school since about 2010.

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Being human is overrated. 

So #&^&%&^$^ proud of you!

I'm a science nerd!!! What kind of science/medicine do you want to do? I'm not a scientist but I work with physician scientists and science is.... 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

raw

I always loved science thanks to my dad (he had a chemistry degree and was a pharmacist and made us all equally obsessed with science) but the real kicker was my medical DISASTER and so now here I am having a useless MSW but instead working with physician scientists as an administrator. 

Lol thank you! I am planning on maybe going for anesthesiology but who knows. Thats cool I don't think we have any family members in medicine so itll be a first :)

I am excited about this degree because its like all the major fields of science had a baby so there are alot of interesting things to learn. Thats very cool that you get to work with physician scientists. 

I am new to the science game cuz I am trying to transition from the i.t field over to medicine. Right now I work on the computers in the hospitals around here so I am so close!

• Like 1

In case anyone comes looking, I will be ghosting for a while. Everything is cool I just need to focus on some things

in my life and NF has become my way of distracting myself and the 4WC doesn't really motivate me much anymore.

All of you are awesome and some of my favorite people. This isn't goodbye its just a see you guys later :D

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Volki said:

In case anyone comes looking, I will be ghosting for a while. Everything is cool I just need to focus on some things

in my life and NF has become my way of distracting myself and the 4WC doesn't really motivate me much anymore.

All of you are awesome and some of my favorite people. This isn't goodbye its just a see you guys later :D

Sometimes life takes us on another (temporary) path. :) 

• Like 1

Hey everyone just checking in :D

So far I have treated this last month like an Amish youth on Rumspringa!

tenor.gif

I have been eating, drinking and smoking all the things while riding the rollercoaster of life stuff going on.

My wife is working out of San Antonio (hour and a half away) so she is gone half the week while I am watching the kids when I am out of work.

Summer vacation is coming so I will probably have to find another job so I can work nights and be able to watch the kids during the day. I am doing well mentally.

Physically I am losing weight and I think I lost about 15 lbs this last month from the no lifting that is going on. I have just been swimming and walking with the kids and I haven't had the willpower to get back to the gym. Also I do not want to leave the kids at home to sneak off to the gym since they are still too young (7 and almost 9). 

I will be moving be San Antonio again sometime in the next few months so that will be another cluster cuss.

tenor.gif

Oh also I am still stuck with a Go phone so rockin the flip phone no internet life and honestly I kind of like it.

I am forced to actually pay attention and find things to stay busy that isn't browsing facebook silently and sometimes verbally judging people :P

This has helped me get closer with my family and it helps to keep up with the chores around the house. So lots of ups and downs but I am hangin in there.

I can't promise I will be back next challenge but I don't hate the idea. If I do come back I think I am going back to my Turbulence 500\1000 routine and doing the walking and swimming stuff.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well!!

Image result for gopro gifs hiking

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Laghail said:

#damnitTJ

#damnitTJ indeed sir lol

46 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Sounds like everything is coming up Volki!

I hope things work out :D they said today that they will try to work something out for night shift for me which means I can keep my pay and benefits instead of finding some other job that pays less and being a contractor again which I am not a fan of.

Me working nights:

graveyard shift GIF

• Like 2