So your loosing weight? - bad grammar thread

Thread title...

Oh-no-you-didn39t--meme-25969.jpg

Grammar Nazi's

Grammar Nazis

5 hours ago, FamilyBeer said:

Oooo, I can't unfriend you fast enough for that pun

I did a theatrical performance about puns once, it was a play on words. 

• Like 8

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

... This whole thread is rather cringe worthy... Just remember though, Hitler would have had a speech writer, someone proficient in editing and the use of language. Quite literally a Grammar Nazi...

• Like 9

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

9 hours ago, Endor said:

Grammar Nazi's

Grammar Nazis

I debated whether to go with this one, I had thought it might be a little too obvious. The "Ok" was a little more subtle but I will own up to using it myself, just because it looks nicer, lol! :D 

Personally I hate bad grammar, it grates on my nerves something awful, but I'm also dyslexic so my spelling is horrendous!  The other day one of the kids asked me how to spell my last name and I couldn't remember if it had on "L" or two.  How embarrassing is that! :hopelessness:  (and it us took me about 20 attempts to spell "embarrassing" lol!)

One of the mistakes that really gets me is when people talk about "loosing weight".  Arrrrrgh!  It's a very common mistake too, but far from the only one.  What are the ones that really grate on your nerves?

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

there, their and they're. And of course, it would appear that no one I follow on facebook knows how to use them, so I'm under a constant barrage of incorrectly used theres/theirs/they'res.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

My most recent peeves:

1. "Workout" != "Work out"

When you write it as one word, "workout" is a noun. When it's written as two words, it's a verb + adverb.

Same for setup/set up, hangout/hang out, etc.

2. "Apart" != "A part"

Alan Thrall fell victim to this one recently. The caption to one of his videos said something to the effect of "I'm so happy to be apart of this."

• Like 2