So your loosing weight? - bad grammar thread

Has anyone else started to see a prevalence for mixing up the words feel and fill? The number of people I see posting things like "I fill sick today" is becoming quite disturbing.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

That's an odd one. :huh: 

We are struggling to get my bf's kids to stop using "are they" when they mean "is there".  Are they any milk left?  Arrrrrrrrgh! :hopelessness:

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Not even sure this is proper usage(My gut says it isn't) but after 17 years in Kentucky it still drives me crazy.

I say...

I don't eat Burger King food anymore.

Louisville locals says...

Anymore, I don't eat burger King food. (Sample sentence. Kentucky folks actually eat craptons of unhealthy food)

That's a huge WTF to me. Not sure if it's incorrect, but it sure is clunky feeling. After all these years, it still briefly shorts my brain out and makes me think extra hard when I hear it(unless I'm talking with Yoda).

• Like 3

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

Argh, that's horrible!  :hopelessness:

Or at least it is in English.  Some other languages use that kind of sentace construction, is there a second language in Kentucky?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Or at least it is in English.  Some other languages use that kind of sentace construction, is there a second language in Kentucky?

Red neck...duh (from across the river in Ohio)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

15 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Well, they do have a bit of their own dialect. 

Coming from Western New York, it was a bit of a culture shock, that's for sure :)

• Like 1

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

Has anyone ever been bothered by the fact that "until" is spelled with only one 'L' but when it gets shortened to "till" it has two, and there's no apostrophe at the start? 

Its because "till" is a word in its own right, not an abbreviation of "until".  In fact "till" is the older version, being altered to "until" by the addition of the Old Norse "und" - meaning "as far as" at the start of the word. 

I don't know about anyone else but that certainly bugged me, and now I can rest assured that I am definitely spelling it right!

• Like 2

I think alot of it has to do with people trying to type fonetically.

Sense very few people speak properly (I'll lump myself into this group) most of the time, our written word suffers.

Also, sometimes there are just to many rules and I sometimes just plain forget a rule...to the point where I'll spend three-five minutes trying to reword something to NOT use the word that I can't remember the rule for

Fun little thread here

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)