Hello! I've been lurking here for about a month now, so I thought it was finally time to jump in and start posting!

My name is Crystal and I am married with two boys. My husband is in the Coast Guard, so we move around (a lot!) We're currently living in Ohio, but this summer we are moving back to Key West!! So excited!

As for my fitness level, I am a well-read beginner! Growing up I was extremely athletic until I was about fourteen years old when I started having trouble with my hips and knees. I really had to give up on almost all rigorous physical activity. Just walking for an hour or two would have me in pain. I went to nine different doctors within a year and I received eight different diagnosis opinions...yep, no one could agree with what was wrong. I pretty much gave up on doctors and just dealt with the pain. Finally, a couple of years ago, my husband convinced me to try a doctor again. I ended up having knee surgery in 2010 which has helped a little. I'm supposed to have surgery on the other knee sometime soon and I still haven't found out what is wrong with my hips. I guess a little progress is better than nothing, right?

I've always wanted to get back into sports and working out, so this year I finally jumped back in (slowly!) I went back to eating primal/paleo (I've eaten this way before) and I started going to the gym again. After a couple of months of playing around with isolation exercises, I started reading about strength competitions and compound moves, which led me here to Nerd Fitness!

Last week I started a modified version of the 5x5 StrongLifts program. I am enjoying it so far. Not much cardio for right now. I do walk a lot and dance, but, eventually, I would like to get back into martial arts.

Sorry this is so long! Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and hopefully contributing to your discussions!