Hey everyone!

My name is Taylor and I am happy to be here. 

I have been reading articles written by Nerd Fitness all morning and decided to just go for it! I've been struggling with accepting myself for over a decade now, and I think a lot of it has to do with not belonging to a supportive inclusive community. I love the message Nerd FItness seems to promote and the realness of everyone I've seen so far. I hope I fit in here! 

My wake up call came last week when I went to my doctor and was weighed. My weight is the highest it has ever been, at 260lbs, and it really rattled me. I just thought to myself - Never Again. I dealt with it in an unhealthy manner and the stress and anxiety led me to binge a bunch. I am hoping to go slow and steady. I have struggled with a eating disorder for many many years now, so food and exercise have always been a negative difficult thing. I am hoping to change that. 

Wow, I'm really laying it all on the table! 

Anyway, I am holding myself accountable to you, other rebellion fighters! I am looking forward to the 4 week challenge! And I am very much looking forward to interacting with all of you! 

Thanks!

Taylor 

• Like 2

Welcome!  You have good insight and self-awareness around your goals.  I'll keep an eye out for your first 4 week challenge!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

Hey @taymonsta!  There are quite a few people here who struggle with eating problems, you will definitely find people who understand what you're going through. There is even a support thread, I'll try to find it and post a link or you could try the search function but it's temperamental at best.  I'll be buggered if I can ever get the bloody thing to work for me, lol!

Ha! I found it!!!

Here's the link explaining the challenges, just so you have all the info. You will start in the Rebels guild for your 1st challenge and then you can join any guild you feels suits you after that. Unless of course you have a particular affinity for one of them already. :) 

If you need any help or have any questions then just ask. It's a big forum and it can be a bit overwhelming but don't let that put you off. This is the only online community I've ever found that is this supportive, friendly, helpful and accepting.  I'm sure you'll be happy here. :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

19 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Hey @taymonsta!  There are quite a few people here who struggle with eating problems, you will definitely find people who understand what you're going through. There is even a support thread, I'll try to find it and post a link or you could try the search function but it's temperamental at best.  I'll be buggered if I can ever get the bloody thing to work for me, lol!

Ha! I found it!!!

Here's the link explaining the challenges, just so you have all the info. You will start in the Rebels guild for your 1st challenge and then you can join any guild you feels suits you after that. Unless of course you have a particular affinity for one of them already. :) 

If you need any help or have any questions then just ask. It's a big forum and it can be a bit overwhelming but don't let that put you off. This is the only online community I've ever found that is this supportive, friendly, helpful and accepting.  I'm sure you'll be happy here. :) 

Hi Guzzi!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the resources! I'm looking forward to the first challenge. I'm trying not to make a lot of changes suddenly and I've noticed I've started to feel anxious if I miss a day working out. (The bad kind of anxiety) I'm still finding my way, but I'm finally seeing a little bit of light after many years of darkness. I've enjoyed interacting with everyone and I'll continue to be part of this community :) 

hello and welcome fellow newbie, looking forward to seeing your first challenge.

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

--Arthur C. Clarke

current challenge lvl 1 rebel

18 hours ago, taymonsta said:

Hi Guzzi!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the resources! I'm looking forward to the first challenge. I'm trying not to make a lot of changes suddenly and I've noticed I've started to feel anxious if I miss a day working out. (The bad kind of anxiety) I'm still finding my way, but I'm finally seeing a little bit of light after many years of darkness. I've enjoyed interacting with everyone and I'll continue to be part of this community :) 

Yes, don't rush in trying to change everything, just keep doing what you're doing and make small changes at a time.  It's the only way (imo) to make them permanent.  I found that out the hard way. :hopelessness:   Just a thought, but you do know that your body needs rest days, yeah?  You can have "active" rest days where you do low intensity stuff like walking or yoga or things like that but you shouldn't work out every day.  I'm sure that probably wasn't what you meant but I thought I'd better bring it up just in case. :) 

There are lot's of us here who have been where you are now, and we understand what it's like and how difficult it can be to try and get healthy.  Just know in yourself that you can do it and that it will take however long it takes.  This is a journey, not a race.  You don't want to do what I did, lose a ton of weight by practically starving myself and exercising obsessively only to put most of it back on when I hit a bump in the road.  That was stupid!  Take your time to make sure that you are confident that you have made each change stick before you start working on the next.

I'll be hanging around the Rebels challenge threads so if you need any help or advice when you start yours just tag me or send me a pm. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Yes, don't rush in trying to change everything, just keep doing what you're doing and make small changes at a time.  It's the only way (imo) to make them permanent.  I found that out the hard way. :hopelessness:   Just a thought, but you do know that your body needs rest days, yeah?  You can have "active" rest days where you do low intensity stuff like walking or yoga or things like that but you shouldn't work out every day.  I'm sure that probably wasn't what you meant but I thought I'd better bring it up just in case. :) 

There are lot's of us here who have been where you are now, and we understand what it's like and how difficult it can be to try and get healthy.  Just know in yourself that you can do it and that it will take however long it takes.  This is a journey, not a race.  You don't want to do what I did, lose a ton of weight by practically starving myself and exercising obsessively only to put most of it back on when I hit a bump in the road.  That was stupid!  Take your time to make sure that you are confident that you have made each change stick before you start working on the next.

I'll be hanging around the Rebels challenge threads so if you need any help or advice when you start yours just tag me or send me a pm. 

Yes, I think active rest days are important to remember. I sometimes get kind of absolute with myself. And the emails said to do the beginner body workout every other day and to run for 20 minutes inbetween days. Thats a lot of exercise. Do I need to do that? 

Yes, that is one of my biggest fears - I, too, have gone down the starvation and exercise path and it does not work. "Take your time to make sure that you are confident that you have made each change stick before you start working on the next." Great advice :) 

Thank you again for all of your support Guzzi! I am looking forward to the four week challenge!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, taymonsta said:

.... said to do the beginner body workout every other day and to run for 20 minutes inbetween days. Thats a lot of exercise. Do I need to do that? 

No, you don't need to do that much. I'd recommend that you just so something active but that could just be a walk or playing with the dog. It doesn't need to be something as torturous as running (I hate running, can you tell? ;)

• Like 1