Back into weight loss and exercise

Well, first, thanks for this great website and forum. Now, on to my topic. As my screen name indicates, I spent several years in US Army Infantry. Rock solid, strong, endurance for days. I got out due to injuries and got...Sloppy. Gained weight, lost strength. Finally got back on track about 5 years ago and really got serious. Then I accepted a new job. Long hours, office environment, stress and responsibility (but great pay) Now I am very overweight and completely disgusted with myself. Time to get serious again and stay that way!

I am also a complete geek. Sci-fi, Fantasy, alternate reality...You name it, I will watch and/or read it. So glad I found a group that embraces both. i am going to start off (as I did in the past) with body weight, then work back into weightlifting. If there are any other folks from here in the Clearwater, FL area, let me know! Nothing like having some mutual support and geek buddies.

• Like 1

Welcome! I think it's great that the site has inspired you to get healthy again. Have you had a good look around yet, do you need any advice? There's a new challenge starting on the 12th if you're interested in joining in? It's a great way to keep motivated and you'll get lots of support. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Hey there!

I'm Jess. Might not be the type of buddy you're looking for (female, overweight & working on weight loss and want to add in body weight workouts and learn to lift eventually) but I am in the Clearwater area. Live Palm Harbor, work in St. Pete. Probably not at your work out level but thought I'd say "hi, neighbor!" anyway. If nothing else, I'm good at support. :)

Happy Friday and good luck with your plans. 

Sometimes_gypsy

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. " -Samuel Beckett

"I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best She took a plain black marker, started writing on my chest She drew a line across the middle of my broken heart,And said: "Come on now, let's fix this mess"We could get better Because we're not dead yet"  -Frank Turner, Get Better