Hello all,

My internet pseudonym is Jayim Duinara.

I'm a 31 year old man (32 in May). I work for my friend's IT company part time. I'm 5' 9.5", and just stepped off the scale at 180lbs.

I'm also a self-proclaimed Bible Nerd! *waves*

---

When I was 21 years old and in college, my entire family (including myself) was diagnosed with a chronic illness. My health was plunging rapidly, and eventually I had to drop out. During the last decade, my health and subsequent depression reduced me to an armchair jellyfish. I won't go through the whole sordid list of problems, but simply say my singular biggest problem at the moment is chronic fatigue.

Back in October, a bunch of different things happened, but the summary is I feel God slapped me awake and said, "I gave you this life, why aren't you LIVING it?"

Well, I've been doing a lot of soul searching and have been making permanent changes; working on getting my life in order.

Thing like:

Sleeping on a regular schedule

Drinking water!!!

Actually having a regular time each morning to pray and read my Bible

Eating breakfast!!!

Being meticulous instead of haphazard with my hygiene (depression does bad things)

---

Since October, I've been (most of the time, at least 80%) actually getting up at 6AM, and actually going to bed around 10PM-ish (preferably 9, sometimes as late as 11).

It's been amazing just how much that one change has made in my health and energy levels. 

At work we get paid bimonthly (twice a month). At my lowest, I'd be turning in timesheets with 16 hrs down to 7 hrs. This timesheet that I'm going to be turning in has 25hrs on it!

---

I want to keep improving. I don't just want to stay alive, I want to LIVE.

---

Just a couple days ago, I was reading in Romans 12:1 (a passage from the Bible). It says that we're supposed to present our bodies to God as living and holy sacrifices. In other words, because He gave me this body, I should wear it like *He* owns it, and keep it in a way that would please Him. And I don't want to give Him a shoddy gift! =D

I have never consistently exercised in my life. I've tried several times to 'get in shape', but frankly I had no idea what I was doing and I couldn't keep at it. Then I found NerdFitness. Yay! I finally feel like I can know what I'm doing and have a sustainable plan!

I'm really hopeful that I can push my health back up to 'functional' if I work at this consistently. Permanent changes.

---

In the 4-week Challenge worksheet here, it told me to think about and write down my life goals and big dreams. I'd never done that before. After thinking hard about it, here are the things I dream about doing:

1.) I've always dreamed of touring Israel. I want to participate in a 2 month walking-tour of Israel with a ministry that I'm a member of.

2.) Start a Christian men's group to encourage men in finding deep and lasting friendship (fellowship), and have FUN while doing it (hiking, camping, etc). I see a real dearth of close, intimate friendships around me; people you can feel close enough to to share your problems with (and have them confide in you) and trust them not to ditch you when life gets tough. I guess like a weight training spotter: you trust him/her not to drop the weights on you and walk away. So, Life-spotters.  =)

3.) Achieve financial independence (so I can focus on people/ministry; LIVING instead of staying alive)

4.) I really want to plant and maintain my own home vineyard (and make my own wine).

5.) I want to be completely food self-sufficient.

6.) In NerdFitness speak, I want to "Level Up my Charisma". I want confidence. I want to be kind, open, and friendly. I want to dress stylishly every day. While I'm working on the inside on really caring for the people around me, I want to be able to SHOW it on the outside, without the bumbling, stuttering, and awkwardness. REALLY tough for an introvert like me.

---

Well, that's me.

Jayim

• Like 2

My NF Character

My Intro Thread: A Life to LIVE

Challenges: #1Respawn, #2#3#4 (Failed)#5 (Respawn) - Current one!

Wow! I'm so impressed by what you've achieved so far! Welcome to the rebellion. 

Have you you found your wY around alright? The next challenge starts on Feb 12th if you want to join in. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thank you all for the welcome! Yup yup, I'm planning on doing the Challenge. I've already got mine planned out. I think I MIGHT have to use the 'prep' week for recovery, though; I've got the respiratory flu at the moment. =(

Well, I'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

My NF Character

My Intro Thread: A Life to LIVE

Challenges: #1Respawn, #2#3#4 (Failed)#5 (Respawn) - Current one!