22 hours ago, thatgirl07 said:

Hi, nice log! Keep at it :)

Thanks for dropping by ThatGirl!! :)

Feb 21. 

Derby

Watched another derby game; our coach decided to set us homework and I was probably more excited then I needed to be. xD Normal people don't realise that it's my goal to watch all the derby games! Watched VRDL vs Angel City: 2016 playoffs. Same two teams I watched yesterday; also a similarly tight game. VRDL had a hard time keeping their walls together again. Angel City have some great offence moves. Saw a move pulled off that the coach explained to us last night as well which I was pretty pleased about. 

BWs

Warmup? Y

Didn't do body weights but I did do the chair cardio session again and 10 minutes of yoga. 

Tech:

6.6 hours of computer timez. Watched that derby game, watched some pokemon, watched some Chuck, played some pokemon. 1.5hours of break time. did exercise, cooked lunch, cooked dinner, drew a zombie. 

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Feb 22. 

Derby

Nothing.

BWs

Warmup? Y

Did chair cardio. 

Push Ups: 12

Dips: 12

Clamshells: 12

Plank: 60 seconds

Bicycle crunches: 60 seconds

60 second one-legged plank. I'm pretty impressed with that. 

Tech:

5 hours of tech, 50 minutes of break time.

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Feb 23 - 26

From Thursday to Sunday I went AWOL a little... Okay, a lot. The long wait to be weight bearing again dragged me down a little bit, along with the feeling of not accomplishing anything while I'm stuck at home waiting, so I sank most of my time into filling my Alolan pokedex on Pokemon Moon. I had a mini-breakdown and cry to my S.O. and he hugged me and made me tea. Being so close to my 6-week-post-op appointment was making the weekend go soo much slower then it usually does.

Derby

I did nothing. Didn't watch any games, did little or no committee stuff. I did watch two games at the start of the week so I'm not so upset by letting this goal go for the end of the week. Also not going to training Thursday or next Monday made me feel a bit disconnected from the derby world so that never helps. They are doing skills testing so I didn't need to be there. Also noticed I'd been taken off the travel team FB group page, obviously because I'm not currently on the team and a few of the girls have passed their way into the team so they are busy training for the game... but still, in my shaky emotional state it hit me that I wasn't on the team and that made me sad. For a brief moment. 

BWs

Did nothing. Nada. I would maybe be more upset with this weekend off except I've been consistently working out since the last week of the last challenge so I was probably due for a extended bit of time off. I also knew my exercise system would be changing up on Monday when I found out whether I could walk again, And Also how much longer I was going to be out of action for hit me so I wasn't feeling terribly motivated. 

Tech:

I stopped tracking. Pokemon always gets me. I also stopped using the timer on my phone to time my hour-long tech sessions, instead trying to rely on watching the clock and trusting myself to get up and do other stuff every hour. It didn't work. So I'll be going back to the timer. 

Stonie

They/Them

Week 2 Wrap Up.

Derby 2/2

Both games were watched at the start of the week, but I watched two and that's the goal here. Both games were the same teams playing so I saw a lot of the same stuff, but I noticed patterns that the two different teams used to mess up their opponents and it was good.

BWs 3/7 (+1)

After wednesday I did nothing. Was down in the dumps about the length of time I'm down and out, which I should have cured with exercise but didn't. But I've been consistently exercising since the last week of the last challenge so I'm not too upset to give myself a bit of a longer break this week. I'll be changing this goal up for the next few weeks of the challenge after my post-op appointment. 

Warmups 3/7 (+1)

When I don't do exercise I don't warmup before hand. This is also a thing I should do to make myself feel better when down in the dumps; if I can get the warmup done I'll probably feel like doing the rest of the exercise afterwards. 

Tech 5/7

Stopped using a timer to accurately judge my internet & pokemon sessions and that was not a good thing. I can't trust myself and I should know that by now. xD I will start timing myself and my breaks again on Monday.

Stonie

They/Them

Feb 27.

Had my 6-week post-op appointment with the surgeon that fixed my ankle. He cleared me to weight bear as much as I can handle; with the moon boot on or without but with crutches. I'll be heading to physio for some hydrotherapy and stuff as soon as they ring me. Yay!

Now I can use my leg as a leg I need to rebuild my atrophied muscles. I'm going to try adding in some cycling at the lowest resistance on our stationery bike and see how that goes. If it's too much I'll stop. I also want to count the baby steps I take and try and increase the amount I walk weekly. And do a bit more in the way of self-care; Icing my ankle to keep down the swelling and take anti-inflammatories are right up there on things I should do, as well as mental care things like meditating and getting outside. Now I can walk a bit that shouldn't be as much of a problem. 

Derby

watched Team USA vs the Big O 2016 MVPs. 

BWs

Warmup? N

none. Was too excited about my appointment but I did practice walking a little in the afternoon. Starting tomorrow I will count my steps. 

Daily Steps

Did a few trips between the couch and kitchen and bathroom, and did walk from the car to the house a few times too when we went out. Wouldn't have been many steps and definitely not with the full weight of my body on my leg but it was a start. And it felt good. Calling it walking is probably a stretch but hey. I'm starting out walking with the moon boot on and using crutches to assist because I need time to stop my brain freaking out over using my leg after I told it specifically to not use that leg for the past 6 weeks. I will put my pedometer on tomorrow. So far it hasn't hurt when I've walked on it, but it's gonna be a big mental hurdle getting it back on the ground supporting my weight. 

Tech:

3.5 hours of TV watching / internet browsing / pokemon playing and 1 hour of break time. 

Self-care:

Iced my leg, took some anti-inflammatories. My ankle isn't hurting when I've used it but I'd rather it stay that way.

Stonie

They/Them

Feb 28. 

Derby

spent an hour organising sausage sizzle stuff. 

BWs

Warmup? Y

Did 3 minutes of gentle cycling of 30 seconds going, 10 seconds resting. It was a new movement for my weakened ankle but I went gently and it didn't hurt. I kept expecting it to. I also need to re-train my brain into remembering that my ankle is no longer broken, just weak. It's not going to collapse underneath me. 

Push ups: 10 (5 full, 5 knee)

Dips: 10

Clamshells: 10

Plank: 50 seconds

Bicycle crunches: 50 seconds

All the body weights were done with the moon boot on, so I could have it resting on the floor and the movements were a bit more even then completely held up by my left leg. 

Daily Steps 629

Yay! It's a start. Today I graduated from walking with two crutches, to one crutch only, then no crutches supporting my weight at all and stepping onto my moon boot. Tomorrow I might even venture outside. Walking on the moon boot is hard; without a shoe on my right foot basically has a platform shoe on and my feet and hips are uneven. That and I'm trying to roll my foot in a proper walking movement and it's all harrrrd. But I got to greet my partner at the door when he got home from work freestanding without crutches or a scooter supporting me and that was exciting. 

Tech

6.6 hours of technology, 1.75hours of break time. I was excited to be able to practice walking so I took every little chance to do so. I walked around the kitchen and cooked lunch, I walked up the hallway to do my workout, and walked around with a load of laundry and cooked dinner. 

Self-Care

I took some anti-inflammatories and iced my ankle and made myself a chocolate mug cake for dessert. 

Stonie

They/Them

Mar 1

hahah, nearly got me there, early month change. 

Derby

organised some sausage sizzle stuff, that's it.

BWs

Warmup? Y

did 5x 30seconds on / 20 seconds off of stationary cycling.

15 minutes of yoga

cat/cow

cobra

locust

leg-up-wall

lying twist

Daily Steps 1626

Woo! Went for a walk outside; twice, once by myself and again when the in-laws showed up to check out the new fence dividing us and the neighbours. Most of the walking was on my moon boot without crutches. There was no point today where I had to use the knee scooter to get around. 

Tech:

7 hours of tech, 1.3 hours of break time. 

Self Care

iced my leg and took drugs. 

Stonie

They/Them

Week 3 Wrap Up

Phew, okay. So the last few days have been pretty hectic. Friday I spent all my mental energy organising a league sausage sizzle fundraiser over the weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday I was on my feet (in the moon boot) moving stuff and walking around cooking food and selling stuff. I didn't put my pedometer on so I don't have an exact number but damn was I exhausted by Sunday night. Monday I did nothing but sleep and play Stardew Valley on my computer and tried to stay off my ankle after thrashing it all weekend. It was worth it though; we made lots of money for the league. I got lots of Kudos for being able to organise two days of fundraising from my couch with a broken ankle; Gotta say I was pretty pleased with myself too :)

Derby: 2/2 (+3)

Watched two games, did a lot of work organising the sausage sizzle.

Exercise: 2/7 (+2)

Did stuff all actual exercise but walking around on the weekend crushed me physically and mentally. 

Warmup 3/7

both days I worked out warmup was involved, also did a warmup dynamic stretch on thursday night at training. 

Daily Steps: ~ 10,000

I had to guesstimate the amount I did on the weekend as I forgot to wear my pedometer, but it was a decent amount. 10,000 steps for the week is not much, but I need to start somewhere after not walking for 6 weeks.

Tech: 4/7

A few days there I didn't count myself on the computer; I got carried away on playing games and suffered for it. 

Self-care: 6/7 (+1)

Most days involved resting and icing my leg at least. 

Stonie

They/Them

Week 4 mid-week

Derby 1/2 (+1)

Nothing Monday.

Tuesday was the League monthly meeting. They are never as bad as I think but I always dread them. For no reason. Plus there's always pizza.

Wednesday I read through the updated WFTDA rules and did my minimum skills written test for the league. We have to do it yearly as part of passing the minimum skills; I thought I might as well get it done now instead of waiting until I finally get my skills clearance back. I also watched a small chunk of banked track derby to check out the differences after Elenarre found me over in the Assassin's guild. 

Warmup 1/7

Cycling is very warming. 

Exercise 1/7

Monday / Tuesday,  nothing. the weekend was exhausting.

Wednesday I did some cycling, 2 sets of 5x 30seconds on / 20seconds off, then 2x10 squats (they weren't quite parallel because my ankle is a bit toight) and 1x10 push ups.

Daily Steps ~ 2,667

Did very little on Monday. (200ish steps)

Tuesday I walked around on the moon boot tidying the house a bit and cooking lunch and dinner. Also went to the meeting. (1,381 steps)

Wednesday I walked around the house again but sans the moon boot. I'm really trying to walk on my foot in a normal walking motion (1,086 steps)

Self-care 3/7

Every day I have iced my ankle. Tuesday I actually put a bit of effort into my appearance as I had to leave the house. 

Stonie

They/Them

Okay so, I disappeared a bit over the end of week 4 but I finished the last challenge respectably. I have modified next challenge's goals to be a bit more leg love and mind love and focussing on really getting back to being 100% of my awesome self again. 

the Final Week & Challenge Wrap up is here -->

Spoiler

Derby: 8/8 (+3) - Nailed it!

Watched lots of games this month. It was super great for keeping my head in the game while my body is unable to participate. Wrapped it all off this past weekend with a two day officiating clinic which was amazing and super informative. We went to a home- team season opening bout of one of the Perth teams on Saturday night, then practiced officiating a scrimmage between the two Perth teams on Sunday so I'm counting those two games as my final two derby games to watch. I will be continuing this goal next challenge as I don't see myself skating for another month at least. I want to keep my derby brain fit while I wait to be cleared to skate again. 

Exercise: 15/28 (+2) - Not bad.

I was really gung-ho about this the first few weeks and slowly lost interest in doing the body weights at home. I did start to walk more on my injured foot near the end of the challenge so the last two weekends where I spent a lot of time walking were counted towards this because quite frankly it was exhausting. Next challenge I plan to follow whatever plan my physio gives me (that happens on thursday) and as soon as I can drive I will be returning to the gym because I am much more motivated to workout at the gym. I really miss the gym. xD

Warmup: 12/28 - Ehh.

This could have gone better. I could have done a quick daily dynamic warmup when I got out of bed or before I went to sleep. I might try this again next challenge but turn it into a morning routine sort of thing. I'm not sure.

Responsible Technology: 22/28 - Good!

This was good. The days I didn't keep track of how much technology were the days I felt like crap or ended up with a horrible headache. If I do this challenge again I will set limits on when I start and stop using technology, so I'm not on it all morning until I get up and again in the evening until I go to bed, hopefully getting a better nights sleep and making me feel alert. 

Daily Steps (Week 3 & 4) - 14/14 - Awesome!

Week 3: ~ 10,000

Week 4: 37,461

I was cleared for weight bearing for the last two weeks of this challenge so decided to count my steps and work on improving my step count every week, hopefully slowly strengthening my injured leg and getting back on my feet. I also had a couple of big weekends both weeks which probably went smoother because I could actually walk (sort of) but I probably could have paced myself more. I'm stubborn. xD I will do this quest again I think, combined with any physio exercises I get told to do.

Final Grade: B.

For my first challenge in a year and considering the obstacles I had to deal with, I am feeling pretty accomplished. These quests stopped me sinking into a dark hole of sadness and depression brought on by losing my entire daily routine and hobbies and stopped me from losing touch with the real world. 

I intend to do another challenge, focussing on strengthening my bung leg and continuing to focus on derby stuff keeping my mind sharp.

So that was fun. This time around I am focussed more on getting my leg working, and working more on some writing that I always wish I was doing but instead put off for other things. Like social media. Bad. 

My goals for the next month are as follows;

CARDIO; 3x a week. On the stationary bike, in intervals. Increase intervals weekly.

PHYSIO; do what they say when I see them on Thursday. Do some derby ankle strengthening stuff I found on the internet until then.

WALK; continue logging daily steps, improve weekly. Resetting the counter to 0 and starting from wherever I end up at the end of this week to improve, as the last two weekends have been very step-heavy, not intentionally. 

MEDITATE; daily. Just for a few minutes. Either in the morning before getting up and doing anything, or in the evening before sleeping. 

WRITE; daily. I can either work on my sci-fi story in progress or journal about the day or vent about shit that's annoying me. Gratitude and successes are a bonus if I write about them. Ideally I will do this immediately after getting up (and drinking coffee... :P ) or before I hit the sack for the evening.

I also want to try keeping up the habits of getting up and away from my computer every hour and watching two roller derby games a week. Because Derby is fun and getting up is good for me. xD 

Stonie

They/Them

Mar 14.

Cardio: not today.

Physio: did one round of Bullet Proof Derby Ankles as a baseline to see what my ankle was capable of. Not much is the answer to that question. xD My good leg is still good, but I was pretty much lent up against the wall for everything involving my right ankle. Doesn't matter. Baby Steps.

Steps: 2,070

Just wandered around the house, with the boot off all day. Did leave the house briefly and used the moon boot. We started signing the paperwork for the loan to buy our house. Excitement :)

Meditation: Tried for a minute at lunch time but I think the coffee I was drinking stopped my mind from settling. Focussed on the few things I accomplished today (sending an email, making a tutu.)

Word Count: 500.

Started writing an extended synopsis of my story. This is the first time I've tried to plan a story out before I write it and it seems to be going well.

Tech use: 5.75hrs, 1hr break. 

Derby: not today.

Stonie

They/Them

Mar 15. 

Cardio: had it planned; got distracted cleaning up a bit and working on some craft.

Physio: Rolled my ankle around in each position when I woke up this morning and again at one stage while siting on the couch; other then that nothing. My appointment is tomorrow so I get to ask them all the questions and hopefully get a plan of things to do. Bonus points if they let me drive, considering it's been a full 2 months since my ankle surgery. 

Steps: 1,923

Walked around the house all day, Focussing on leading with my knee to move my ankle forwards so that it doesn't hyperextend backwards whenever I try and take a step. it's hard' my foot and toes don't quite bend and support enough weight for a seamless step on my right foot but it's getting better. 

Meditation: Took a moment on the drive home from a teammate's place to revel in my daily successes. I did a load of dishes, cooked a healthy meal, and spent the afternoon working on the derby MVP trophies for the bout on Saturday. I also got called "calm" - something I never associated myself with, but found it was pretty true, considering my teammate was feeling very anxious about trying to make the MVP trophies and I wasn't worried; I had faith in my abilities and had somewhat of a plan. I'm sure I used to be much more anxious about these kinds of things. xD

Word Count: 104. 

One sentence on my extended synopsis and my little reflection about myself above.

Derby: Worked on the MVP trophies (because I volunteered for that too xD) with a teammate. They turned out great. 

Tech: 4 hours of tech time, 1.2 hours of break time. 

Stonie

They/Them

Oh Oh OH! I just realised the date. the 15th of January was the day my ankle was operated on. This time two months ago I was puking up the last of the anaesthesia after coming out of surgery. 

Two months. 

Stonie

They/Them

Mar 16. 

Cardio: Nothing today. 

Physio: So my appointment went well. The physiotherapist tested all my ROM and was pretty pleased - The strength difference in my two feet isn't too bad either so that's good. She said I may even be able to drive next week so that's super exciting. I was given some exercises with a theraband and told to do some single leg balancing a few times a day as well if I can. I think I'll probably have time. :P I'm to walk with my crutches as well to work on my limp. I'm still limping a bit without the crutches (until I put my running shoes on) but as soon as I used my crutches the limp went away. 

I will do my physio exercises at least once a day, but aim for 3. The theraband fits in my pocket so I can just carry it around with me if I go anywhere during when I plan to do it.

Steps: 4,890

Walked around the hospital while at my appointment and while waiting for my lift home, and then walked around training all night as well. With my running shoes on the limp was just about non-existent.

Meditation: No specific meditation session but I took a moment to be proud of some things that I did today. Like, making a phone call. I hate that shit. xD But I did it. I was also grateful for the progress I am making with my ankle and that I can wear a pair of shoes instead of one shoe and a moon boot and that I'm healing as quickly as possible. 

Word Count: 78

Just a few sentences on my extended synopsis.

Tech: 2 hours of technology, 10 minutes of break time. I spent most of the day away from the house.

Derby: Went to training. Blew some whistles, laughed. Did some squats (that was new!)

Stonie

They/Them

Mar 17.

Cardio: Nuttin' 

Physio: Done 3 times. My ankle is a tad sore after doing my physio stuff and walking around all day. Spent a good few hours walking around the house in my trainers cleaning up because we had a guy due to come through and value our house so we can buy it. Single-leg balancing was the tiniest bit easier though so that's an improvement. I'm also noticing that there is not actually that much pain when I walk on my ankle but I limp anyway; I think the limp is partially a mental limp. 

Steps: 8,661

Did lots of walking around while cleaning up. Cleared away a heap of stuff, wiped down all the tabletops, de-cobwebbed, swept, vacuumed, and took out a heap of rubbish. The house is lovely again. It was a bit hard to clean when I was unable to walk. xD

Meditation: Meditated for 3 minutes in-between cleaning sessions at lunchtime.

Word Count: 81

A few sentences on my synopsis

Tech: 3 hours of technology, 30 minutes of break time. 

Stonie

They/Them

Mar 18

Cardio: nothing.

Physio: 3x done. 

Tried to stay off my feet all day until the evening because I knew I had to go out. Did 2 sets of physio during the afternoon, and the other set when I got home. 

Steps: ~5,000 

Big guess at my steps because I didn't wear my pedometer, I couldn't fit it under my dress ;) Nah, I just forgot. Spent the evening helping out at my derby team's first home bout for the year (much excitement!) - walked around with minimal limp without crutches for at least 4 hours. Impressed everyone who knew about my broken ankle with my walking skills. Spent the first half of the game selling raffle tickets and spent half time drawing the raffle and wrangling some children for the half time games and also posting to the league Facebook page with updates for the entire evening. Do all the things! That's me. My ankle started to hurt a little near the end but I took some anti-inflammatories and it was fine then. Next week at the physio I must remember to get an ETA on when I'll be able to skate. 

Here is a photo of me in said dress (with teal tulle underneath for added effect)

Uv06Pskl.jpg

Had a great time even though our team lost. Not by a little, by a lot. People were even sad that I wasn't on the team! (I was touched.) - Along with my fellow broken teammate. It was a tad hard watching them get thrashed and not be able to get out there and help out. Soon. 

Meditation:

No specific meditation but I revelled in my successes and the compliments I received tonight and the things I did that I thought would scare me.

I am grateful for my progress on walking; I was mostly free from limping during the whole bout tonight. It takes a bit of focus to walk without a limp but it's getting better. I talked to lots of people (random and known to me) and felt very little anxiety at having to sell raffle tickets to random people and then address the whole crowd at half time with a microphone and wrangle some children as well. Two things I am not historically thought to do well with (by myself: public speaking and children both scare me) Both didn’t terrify me as much as I thought. Many people complimented me on my skills selling tickets and talking into a microphone in front of a large crowd, and even though I tried to downplay my skills (“Nah, I work in customer service, it's a pretend face”) they suggested that that sort of thing can’t be taught. I was super pleased.

Word Count: 148

Journalled. 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Spent most of Sunday immobile, recovering mentally and physically from saturday night. Still did 2 sets of physio work, and meditated some anxiety away as I tried to sleep. It worked. I was stoked. 

Week 0 Wrap Up:

Cardio: 0/3. 

Plenty of room for improvement here. Having a rest week wasn't a totally bad thing though. 

I need to do at least 1 cardio session in week 1 to improve on this. Easy.

Physio: 6/6. 

4 days of doing physio-approved stuff and two days of doing ankle stretches and balancing before I knew what I had to do. It is helping immensely and it's good to feel like I'm physically improving again. 

I just need to keep this up and do any extra things the physio prescribes on Thursday in Week 1 when I go back. 

Total Steps: 23,579.

Not bad. Bumped up a bit by Saturday night but a good baseline to start working on improving.

I need to do 3,500(ish) steps daily to improve on this number for week 1 of the challenge. That's totally do-able. 

Meditation: 6/6.

Not all days were actual mind-silencing meditation, but a fair bit of gratitude and journalling which was really nice.

I also had a really good moment on sunday night where I was fretting about all the derby things I have to get done by the end of the month (grants for money that need completing) but managed to let go of the panic when I knew it wouldn't help me immediately and worked on focussing on the silence instead. I didn't lie in bed fretting about everything for hours because I'd already written up a to-do list to tackle first thing Monday morning and that helped. I slept well. When I have a list of things weighing on my mind I generally don't get to sleep easy. 

I need to keep doing what I'm doing. try for a few more meditation sessions as opposed to journalling but either is a good thing. 

Word Count: 911

Just a few words written, mostly journalling on my days but it's a good baseline to work with.

I need to write 150 words daily to beat this target on week 1. 

Stonie

They/Them

It's been a month since I was granted the ability to walk again. It's not perfect yet but I can successfully tick "walk without the moon boot" off my goals list. Woo! I also measured my leg to see if there was a difference, and also re-took my foot flexing photos to see the differences between now and last month as well.

Measurements in cm. From 20-2-17 to 21-3-17.

L-Calf: 40 < 41 (+1)

R-Calf: 35 < 36 (+1)

L-Thigh: 51 < 52 (+1)

R-Thigh: 44 < 47 (+3) !!!

Hips/Butt: 99 < 100 (+1) :)

Yay! Even my good leg got a bit bigger. Probably from holding myself up all that time. And my right calf muscle has rocketed upwards. And my 1cm of booty that I lost is back too. #happyderbybooty.

Flex differences-

20-2-17                                                                          21-3-17

fNCfRgym.jpg  mzlZL0Qm.jpg

There is a huge difference to how far I can move my ankle. Even my toes move further back and forward when I try moving them. I don't see why I won't get at least 99% of my range of motion back if I keep doing the physio.

Stonie

They/Them

Week 1 (so far)

Cardio: 1/3

I dunno what it is about cardio that makes me not want to do it so much. but I struggle to get the motivation to go and do it. Probably because I have to get off the couch to do it, unlike my rehab work. xD It's wednesday now so I am about to go to my next round of cardio. I swear.

Bonus: did a derby core strengthening workout last night. it was good, and I want to do more of it, but I'm not adding it to my goals because I don't want to overload myself. 

Physio: 2/7

As you can see in the above post, this is helping greatly. I also notice my ankle works a lot better (both doing the physio work and walking in general) after it's been warmed up. I did a core workout last night and could walk better, and this morning after I showered I could walk pretty normally as well. Something to remember when I go back to work I think. Warming up my ankle beforehand is going to be a must. 

Steps: 4,542 / 24,500

Monday was a good day; I walked around the house a little and then made up some extra steps practicing my non limping gait at training around the track (to the tune of "Happy" which helped :P) and did 3,100 steps. Tuesday was a bit less good because I was having a bad day and didn't want to get off the couch. Only did 1,400ish steps. Today after I do my cardio I might do a quick walking lap around the house (even though the weather is less then pleasant) just for the fresh air and the steps.

Meditation: 2/7

Journalling for the last two days has been good at releasing some internal anxious energy that I normally bottle up and struggle with. 

Word Count: 850 / 1,050

Nearly hit my target for the week already. Most of that came from me venting about a derby thing that happened. (nothing to do with my team, a higher power made a less then great decision that pissed me off) but the release was good. Monday I did write a little on my sci fi stuff, exploring a different character. 

Stonie

They/Them

I'll wrap up week 1 when I actually finish it (tonight) but I am super excited because I got to go to the gym for the first time in 10.5 weeks. As soon as I walk into the gym I feel a lot less anxious and annoyed at having to exercise. It also helps that I have access to all the various weights and safety equipment and stretching and foam rolling stuff you could possibly want. And there was only one other person in there the whole time I was there. Brilliant. xD I've created an upper body workout, a lower body workout (which is currently very short due to my ankle) a core workout and my rehab workout, as well as continuing my cardio plan. I'll rotate through them throughout the week and hopefully be in some sort of shape by the time I get back to derby. 

Stonie

They/Them

Week 1 Wrap Up

Cardio: 3/3

Yeahhh! Was gonna settle for 2 sessions until sunday when I decided I got excited about going to the gym so I did all the things. 

Bonus: Did 2 core sessions. 

I need to keep doing this to "improve" on Week 1. I will be doing intervals of 60 seconds on and 20 seconds off. 

Physio: 7/7

Nailed it. Even with the added physio stuff given to me on Thursday. I am finding walking easier and I love the feel of progressing again. 

Bonus: Went to the gym once. 

I just need to keep doing this. Increase balancing times and maybe do extra squats and calf raises. 

Steps: 18,237

5,342 steps short of Week 0. But with work starting again in Week 2 I won't have any problem on increasing this from now. 

I just need to walk more. Should be simple this week. 3000 steps daily to improve on this. 

Meditation: 6/7

One day where I did nothing. A few days were journalling, a few were listening to music to put myself to sleep. 

I need to set an actual time to do this and do it.

Word Count: 1,458

+547 on last week. I didn't write every day but I wrote a fair bit and I'm happy with it. I don't like forcing myself to write when I can't get creative but I do need to try practicing even when I don't feel inspired. 

I need to write an average of 230 words daily to improve this. 

Stonie

They/Them

Week 2 Wrap Up. 

I've been shit at logging every day on here but I am stealthy watching everyone's progress. 

Some parts of this week were good. Some were not. Being back at work is good for the back account but I'm not sure if it's good for my sanity. That's currently a problem for another time though. 

Cardio: 3/3

Did great, now I'm back at the gym. The rowing machine has been good to get my heart racing without having to put impact onto my ankle. I've tried a few times to move at a jogging pace and it just doesn't work. Not for more then a few steps. so I'll stick to the rower / maybe the elliptical. 

I aim to do this 3 times in week 3. Should be easy with gym access. 

Physio: 6.5/7

One day was missed because I was quite sore from being on my feet at work. Every other day at least 1 round of theraband and balancing was done. Some days did more stuff then others at the gym. I'm giving myself a half point for the rest day because I feel that rest is a good thing too. I did have to bump my physio appointment to next week (week 4) though so I have another week of doing the same stuff and another week before I can potentially skate again. probably not a bad thing, but to say I was excited to return to skating was a huge understatement. xD

I aim to do all 7 days of physio this week, in preparation for my physio-appointment next week. 

Steps: 48,157

And that is why my foot is a bit sorer this week. I did 20 hours of work on my feet with resting and icing breaks in between, as well as attending a derby boot camp with THE Mick Swagger and Mary Fagdalene of VRDL fame (Victoria roller derby league are #2 in the WHOLE WORLD of roller derby and they are Australian so it was super exciting for us baby derby players xD) Even though I couldn't skate I took heaps of notes so I can practice all the things when I get back on skates. 

I'm not going to try and beat this goal in week 3, only match it. 

Meditation: 5/7

Mostly did this in the evening to get to sleep. Thursday's meditation session was difficulty over 9000 because I was at the dentist and controlling my breathing to stop myself getting anxious about having to go to the dentist. it sucked, but significantly less while I focussed on my breathing instead of the raping of my teeth. xD

I'm aiming to spend 2 minutes doing this before bed every night this week. 

Word Count: 0.

This week was just too distracting to get any writing done. I put down a lot of words but nothing worth writing (haha) about. I filled out two grants for the derby league and got them sent away and helped my partner with his cover letters and resume. After that I just couldn't find the motivation to put any more words down. 

This week I am going to aim to write a paragraph a day on my sci-fi wor

Stonie

They/Them

Whoops. Did diddly fucking squat for the last week of the challenge. Well, that's not entirely true; I worked a lot and did my rehab stuff. That's about it.

Week 3 went okay and Week 4 was a dud goals-wise. I've been keeping up with my ankle rehab and now I'm back at work getting in a lot of steps isn't a problem. I can walk without a limp and as of last week I can skate again!! It was a bit sore in places around my leg but so exhilarating to get my skates back on. 

Being back at work sucks. It's too quiet to be open as long as we are and my boss is disenchanted with the whole thing, and with someone potentially buying the shop there's very little incentive for us to try and make things better. I've decided I need to find a new job as hospitality is starting to burn me out anyway. 

Meditation stopped happening. I've tried a few times in the past to make to a habit and it just hasn't stuck. I don't think constant meditation is right for me right now so I'm going to stop trying to force it. Remembering to take moments to breathe throughout the day seems to work when I get flustered so I'll stick with that. 

I lost interest in writing. I was working on a lot of other things that required my brain power and I had none left to be creative. It's not going anywhere so when I feel inspired I will put some words down. 

Stonie

They/Them

New challenge goals!

Gym 3x week. (Lower body, Upper body, Core, Cardio & Yoga) - cross training for my triumphant return to derby

Work on jewellery/design portfolio, post daily - preparing for the eventual collapse of my job

Meal prep 1x weekly - so I have the energy to workout and work.

Bullet Journal Daily - so I can keep track of my shit. 

New challenge log is here for a more detailed explanation.

Stonie

They/Them