The story behind your username

I know this has been posted before but since there are many new members since then I thought it might be fun. 

I will go first... Guzzi is short for Moto Guzzi, the Italian motorbike brand. I had a deep and profound love affair with a certain Moto Guzzi back when I was a teenager. To me the Imola was the most beautiful bike ever made.  On my 21st birthday my bf gave me a wooden rose with a set of keys tied to it... squeeeeee!

It was a fixer-upper which as far as I was concerned was even better. I love working on bikes and you get to know a bike so much better if you've actually worked on it. I've had other bikes since but the Imola  has always been the one I identified with the most. 

Your turn.

• Like 6

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

When I was in junior high school I got really into smallville, which led me into the super hero genre, which is something I hadn't really dabbled in before then. I got way into it (and am still way into it actually.) I created my own alter ego called Captain Fantastic. He's got the power to pass out smiles! Cheesy but good. During my brief stint in college I went to a costume party and decided to actually make Captain Fantastic. So I got a red morp suit and hot glued a big C F on the chest, got some blue high tops, blue fingerless gloves and a blue bath towel and put them all together to create Captain Fantastic! I also bought superman undies and wore them inside out but my girlfriend at the time demanded I put some shorts on instead. So that's my username's origin story. Hope you enjoyed it!

• Like 7

That's neat, and so are you

I started out as tanktimus, which is a nickname of a nickname. Tank is the first four letters of my last name, so I get called that (and introduce myself that way) a lot. Tanktimus kind of flows out of Tank. the Encourager got added when I came back to the forums after a hiatus, in which I realized Encouragement was a spiritual gift of mine.

• Like 13

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Captainfantastic said:

During my brief stint in college I went to a costume party and decided to actually make Captain Fantastic. So I got a red morp suit and hot glued a big C F on the chest, got some blue high tops, blue fingerless gloves and a blue bath towel and put them all together to create Captain Fantastic! I also bought superman undies and wore them inside out but my girlfriend at the time demanded I put some shorts on instead. 

Dont believe you. We need proof. :P 

• Like 5

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

My red hair gave me the nickname Red in some social circles and the numbers are my initials converted into numbers (I forgot the actual term for it). But this has stuck with me ever since

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

• Like 5

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

....I realized Encouragement was a spiritual gift of mine.

It is a very special gift, and you are loved for it. :wub: 

• Like 2

A blatant rip-off of a certain band. My last name is Stoney, and I play roller derby. It just happened to work so I went with it!

• Like 7

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Once upon a time I was a dishwasher at a restaurant. The day crew (I worked evenings) was supposed to clean an oven and finish most of the dishes, but if it wasn't done at quitting time they'd just bugger off. So one day I came in to find the whole place just a horrible mess; all the ovens were dirty, piles and piles of dishes waiting for me... I was aghast.

I looked at the carnage in horror and said, "This... is a calanthrophy."
I meant to say catastrophe or maybe disaster or calamity or something. Anyway, my friend who heard me say it thought it was hilarious so it became a word. It's sort of my go-to for screen names now as I can always be sure it isn't taken.

• Like 11

Mine is an upgraded version of an old UN. I wanted something fiercer-sounding than the original, and stumbled through several attempts at potential "badass" rearrangements. I finally hit on "Evicious" and knew instantly my search was over. ^_^

• Like 4

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

My name is a very weird combination of two different ideas formed into one. Back when I first started dating my fiancee we gave each other a lot of different nicknames. One of the nicknames, that I still call her today, is Bunny. I so happen to also really like cherries and love to poke fun of her cherry-colored face when she is out in the cold for too long, so I started calling her Cherry Bunny. She decided to also give me a fruit + animal nickname and the one that popped up is Strawberry Crab (Her favorite fruit is Strawberry and this was the first actual animal she thought of that had Strawberry in its name).

Fast forward a few months and my brother and I each saved up enough money to get our own Xbox Live subscription(This was back in 2010 mind you). A lot of the good names were picked over so it was hard to think of anything good/clever without it having a series of numbers. At the time, I was into the Alice in Wonderland books and decided to combine one of my nicknames with my favorite Alice in Wonderland character. It got a good chuckle with my friends so I stuck with it since.

• Like 5

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome

3 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

...I looked at the carnage in horror and said, "This... is a calanthrophy."

Bahahaha! Pure gold! :D 

3 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

...It's sort of my go-to for screen names now as I can always be sure it isn't taken.

I thought mine would be fairly unused but you'd be surprised how often I get the message "that username is already taken" :( 

4 minutes ago, ButterFactor said:

My last name is Butterfield, which is part of how the name came about. But my friend couldn't figure out how it was that I was able to snag such a hottie as my girlfriend and told me it could only be attributed to something I had that he didn't, and thus the Butter Factor was discovered.

Mmmmmm......butter.  :witless:

My last name is Wildman.  I've owned the rossberry.com domain name for a loooong time (back when you had to explain what a domain was).  Rossberry itself was a word coined by some combination of my wife and daughters for our homeschool.  We lived between Mulberry and Rossville, IN.  When I joined NF I needed a name and wildross sprung up.  Now I use it almost anywhere I need an online name.

• Like 6

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I fell in love with Gollum when I watched Lord of Rings. He is precious to me. For years I referred to everything as being "tricky false-y" and was known to accuse people of being a tricksy false-y hobbitses. After a major life change I retired my old online handle and became Trixie Falsae online.

• Like 5

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

Once upon a time I was a dishwasher at a restaurant. The day crew (I worked evenings) was supposed to clean an oven and finish most of the dishes, but if it wasn't done at quitting time they'd just bugger off. So one day I came in to find the whole place just a horrible mess; all the ovens were dirty, piles and piles of dishes waiting for me... I was aghast.

I looked at the carnage in horror and said, "This... is a calanthrophy."

I meant to say catastrophe or maybe disaster or calamity or something. Anyway, my friend who heard me say it thought it was hilarious so it became a word. It's sort of my go-to for screen names now as I can always be sure it isn't taken.

I think this word will now be in my vocabulary lol absolutely amazing.

• Like 4

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

I fell in love with Gollum when I watched Lord of Rings. He is precious to me. For years I referred to everything as being "tricky false-y" and was known to accuse people of being a tricksy false-y hobbitses. After a major life change I retired my old online handle and became Trixie Falsae online.

You've got to be the only nerd I've heard of that said that you fell in love with Gollum.

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

• Like 4

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."