The story behind your username

My name is Bryan. My username was supposed to be bry365. 365 because Bryan is my name 365 days of the year. Makes sense right? Anyhoo... I had like way too much coffee the day I made my account so I just slapped it in there without reading it over. I didn't even notice it was wrong until somebody commented on one of my threads and wrote the name. Now I kinda like it. It amuses me. 

• Haha 1

I was a Cleric in EverQuest, but I can't remember the name.

Then I played Dungeon Runners for the longest time.

The name scalyfreak is because I have a chronic form or atopic eczema, and when the symptoms  flare up my skin turns all red and scaly. The freak part is because I am one, in the best possible sense of the word. Now that I am perfectly comfortable with my own weirdness , I figured the least I can do is flaunt it.

• Like 3

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

On 11/12/2017 at 9:07 PM, scalyfreak said:

The freak part is because

Love this! I figured scalyfreak mighta been do to a love of reptilian creatures, had a bearded dragon "siggy" for about 3 years till he died from an impaction.

Farflight originated when I played the best MMO ever, Tabula Rasa. The game had a great story behind it and wonderful mechanics. Got so into the story that I started doing some creative writing. Farflight came about through the story line, after being ported off to another world (as ours had been destroyed), he (me) took a new name to recreate himself in this new world, "far" for how far he'd come from home and "flight" from being spirited away and vowing never to run again.

Have tended to keep the "far" + something else through other games ever since TR. The only other name I've truly enjoyed was DunkelJager (roughly "Dark hunter" from an assassin from Diablo days, was really into German back then)

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

I retired my old username as soon as it became an adult.. (literally it hit 18 years around the time I decided to do away with it)..

So this new one..

Missoula is where I live now.

Squatch..short for Sasquatch..I've been called both interchangeably for the last year or so by people in the hiking/outdoors group I run..pretty sure it's because I'm big, burly, bearded/hairy, spend a lot of time in the woods, grunt and growl a bunch.  

On 11/15/2017 at 11:01 AM, MissoulaSquatch said:

Squatch..short for Sasquatch..I've been called both interchangeably for the last year or so by people in the hiking/outdoors group I run..pretty sure it's because I'm big, burly, bearded/hairy, spend a lot of time in the woods, grunt and growl a bunch.  

That's also my new official name for the Jason Ellis Show / Ellismania. 

SQUATCH SMASH

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Soooooooo many people think that since I use the lowercase 'i' at the front of my name, that I'm an apple fanboy, but I'm really not.

My name came from before I had settled on a name way back when. My Runescape name had been Samus10175 but I hated the numbers in it because I knew it wasn't catchy or easy to remember. Like...think about it. All the popular and famous gamers or YouTubers you know or knew had catchy, easy-to-remember names.

So one day while I was browsing the Newgrounds forums, read a post that was like "So I've decided on the name" and they were talking about some sort of project. Idk, it just kinda clicked and I decided...hey, my name will be iDecided. It's punny. And it comes up in conversation all the time. Plus people can have fun with it.

In fact, even though I didn't like my old RuneScape name, I just altered it to fit both. To this day, I've been known as SamusDecides on RS. Shout outs to zchat, the #1 friends chat on RS!

It's not the size knuckles of the boat knuckles that matters, it's the motion knuckles of the ocean knuckles.

Visit me at my humble website!

Mine is actually slightly embarrassing. So, being a young online gamer (about 12 or 13 at the time), I was looking for a cool online handle that wasn't too obvious.  So I decided to go with a simple English word translated into Danish (I am about 50% Danish on my father's side).  Unfortunately I used a shoddy online translator, and this was many years ago, so what I thought was a translation of 'Soldier/Warrior', ended up being a closer translation to 'Guarantee'.  Anyway, by the time I realized my translation was way off, I had already been using the name for several years, so I said screw it and kept going with it haha.

So Buddah is really close to my last name, in school everyone referred to each other by last name. So it just evolved from there. I miss spelled Buddha as a kid and just kept my spelling. Added the 1337 for my xbox live gamer tag and well its been my user name for all sorts of stuff since. 

Down 100+lbs since March 1st 2017.

Need to get back on track to lose 50 more.