Where the hell has my mind and passion gone

Hey there folks. I don't know if this is a long story, or a short one,but I know it is not a total reset as I have at least been consistent with my gym schedule.

Anywho, I am having trouble with passions. I find myself deeply entrenched in a rut of boring cubicle work, thought the cubicle is at home now, and find it hard to get excited about a lot of things. I used to be really into Star Wars and other fandoms and stuff, but I have lost my way in terms of an idea that can really get me excited day in and day out.

What have you guys done to get yourself back on track, or finally find something that holds you. I keep trying things and they either do not spark me, or I cannot be sparked and I make excuses or decide endlessly trolling the web is a better choice.  

Thanks,

Until Next time, Have a Blast! 

Current Challenge Born of the Ashes of Failure

My alter ego, Gaelic Samurai. Level 6 Ranger
Gym /XXX / XXX / XXX / XX_ / Stretching / XXXX _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ / Blog Post /XX _ / X _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _/ No alcohol / XXXXXXX / XXXXXXX / XXXXXXX / XXXXXX _ /

Social Accounts : BodySpace Instagram YouTube

I hear ya. I spent nearly 3 years travelling trying to find some new enthusiasm. 

No solutions as of yet, but some suggestions: structure your environment to enforce healthy habits (eg. meal planning, workout schedules, limiting screen time, enough sleep, etc), and stop trying to find the spark - it'll either come or it won't. Try meditation, and being more mindful throughout the day; pay attention to the little pleasures in life (first sip of coffee in the morning, finishing a favourite book, listening to a good song, etc.). Take the opportunity to purge (bin or sell) your life of excess possessions - if you truly don't enjoy some of your old pastimes, then maybe it's time to clean up your living space, clearing out the 'debris' of unused bits and pieces.

You will either find new things to be excited about, the old things will reignite, or you'll find a content stasis with the new status quo.

If you believe it would be helpful, you should also speak to a mental health professional, who could advise if medication or specific exercises/activities could help. Hugs.

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

I am way too familiar with wasting my life trolling the web! Even with my current passions, I still find there are evenings where I end up spending 3 hours putzing around YouTube.

I try to channel my desire to waste time online into something partially productive, for example I looooove music and good music fuels my imagination and creativity. So if I’m online, I’ll focus on discovering new music, which makes me happy and might inspire my creative writing.

For me, I find that it’s harder to get excited movies and TV like I used to. So it’s not just you!

• Like 1