• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ryuu1011

Tough Mudder: June 10th, VA

Hey, I was just about to post my own notification about this!
There's a possibility that I'll have the job of coordinating my own team - which I should know by tomorrow, I think.

If that doesn't pan out (which it hasn't in past years), I'm in. Are you definitely running? How big is your group so far?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Talos said:

Hey, I was just about to post my own notification about this!
There's a possibility that I'll have the job of coordinating my own team - which I should know by tomorrow, I think.

If that doesn't pan out (which it hasn't in past years), I'm in. Are you definitely running? How big is your group so far?

Cool! Sounds good. I'll probably be jog/ walking it, its significantly more distance than the other races i've done I normally only do 5k's but I'm trying to increase my endurance and train for longer runs. I'm hoping to be able to jog most of it. 

Right now It's just me and possibly one other friend (had two people bail when they realized it wasn't another 5k obstacle race)

Even though it's billed as a 10+-mile run, it's got a lot of stops built in because of the obstacles and the lines that form, so jog-walking tends to happen naturally. I imagine you'll be fine - the main challenge is surviving the heat! A lot of people bailed last year because it was 90 degrees and sunny.

From my side, it sounds like I'll be coordinating for at least one other friend. The race goes best with a four-man team (carrying logs n' stuff), so would you be interested in forming a group if we both only have the two pairs? I'll be able to confirm my numbers within a couple days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Talos said:

Even though it's billed as a 10+-mile run, it's got a lot of stops built in because of the obstacles and the lines that form, so jog-walking tends to happen naturally. I imagine you'll be fine - the main challenge is surviving the heat! A lot of people bailed last year because it was 90 degrees and sunny.

From my side, it sounds like I'll be coordinating for at least one other friend. The race goes best with a four-man team (carrying logs n' stuff), so would you be interested in forming a group if we both only have the two pairs? I'll be able to confirm my numbers within a couple days.

Yeah that sounds like it would work out great

I'm registered and added to your group! What time preference did you guys sign up for? I'd prefer early morning so we don't get roasted, and to have more time in the evening...

I honestly can't remember what I put down as my preference and I can't seem to find it on the website anywhere. Do you know if there is a way to go back and change it?At least I'll assume not matter what they will just shove the whole team to the same time.

Ok awesome I found it! I set up for late morning so that way we didn't have to get up super super early to dive up there and then race. I can change it to early morning if your team would prefer, but do you know exactly how early that would be?

23 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Ok awesome I found it! I set up for late morning so that way we didn't have to get up super super early to dive up there and then race. I can change it to early morning if your team would prefer, but do you know exactly how early that would be?

I honestly don't think they're all that early, relatively speaking - don't quote me on this, but the earliest start time I've heard about is 8:00am or later. Odds are we'd still get closer to 9:00 or 10:00 even if we sign up for an early time. Also, they're historically not very strict about enforcing the start times, so make of that what you will.

I'm definitely in favor of going as early as possible; the heat was by far the biggest challenge/danger on the course, since we were in direct sun most of the time and didn't hit many water or mud obstacles until about a third of the way through.

• Like 1

Okay, I am following along as I MAY be coming. I'm supposed to be starting a project in NC in May, which would have me in the area to do this one. 

How in shape is everyone? I'm going to end up being the slacker on this I think....

6 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Okay, I am following along as I MAY be coming. I'm supposed to be starting a project in NC in May, which would have me in the area to do this one. 

How in shape is everyone? I'm going to end up being the slacker on this I think....

YAY! Where in NC will your project be? If it's close to Greenville or Raleigh we might be able to carpool to the race too. 

I'm probably going to be in "fair" shape, walk/jogging to the obstacles mostly, some of the obstacles look pretty intense but I'm going to at least try all of them. Since the TM says it isn't a "race" i'm not worried about the time and I'm a stick together kind of racer so if you come you'll be fine and we'll stick with you :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ryuu1011 said:

YAY! Where in NC will your project be? If it's close to Greenville or Raleigh we might be able to carpool to the race too. 

I'm probably going to be in "fair" shape, walk/jogging to the obstacles mostly, some of the obstacles look pretty intense but I'm going to at least try all of them. Since the TM says it isn't a "race" i'm not worried about the time and I'm a stick together kind of racer so if you come you'll be fine and we'll stick with you :D 

My project is in the Winston-Salem area. I'll have to let you know about carpooling closer to the time though. I might end up staying in the area for the weekend with my hubby. 

Walking / jogging will depend on the terrain for me - I'm fine with jogging as long as we aren't talking mountains. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

My project is in the Winston-Salem area. I'll have to let you know about carpooling closer to the time though. I might end up staying in the area for the weekend with my hubby. 

Walking / jogging will depend on the terrain for me - I'm fine with jogging as long as we aren't talking mountains. 

Sounds like a plan! :)

On 3/22/2017 at 9:41 AM, Sylvaa said:

That should work for us! I don't expect my teammate here will want to be running the entire thing nonstop, and the course is mostly flat open areas or light hills - it's on the grounds of a large horse farm and expo center. 

It would be great to have you along! :) 

• Like 2

Mine's going ok. I haven't been able to run very much because my feet are still giving me trouble but I've been walking a lot :) besides that strength training and flexibility work has been going great :D

1 minute ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Mine's going ok. I haven't been able to run very much because my feet are still giving me trouble but I've been walking a lot :) besides that strength training and flexibility work has been going great :D

Good man. I still suck at pull-ups, but if past experience is any indication, I should be able to make it through the course okay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talos said:

Only two weeks to go! Everyone feeling good about the race?

@Sylvaa, think you'll be along for the fun? :) 

I will not. :( I don't pay attention to scheduling and booked something with the kids. 

@Talos You ready for this!? I got our start time of 8:30am. Are you planning on getting a hotel on Friday Night before the race? and if so where will you be staying that way we can try and get room at the same place and carpool over to the race together :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

@Talos You ready for this!? I got our start time of 8:30am. Are you planning on getting a hotel on Friday Night before the race? and if so where will you be staying that way we can try and get room at the same place and carpool over to the race together :)

I absolutely am! I'm glad about the early start, too.

I'm actually living in Richmond this year, so I'll be driving in from home the morning of the race - if you PM me your phone number, I imagine that'd probably be the easiest way for us to find each other at the race? I'll make sure my friend Chris knows where we are, too. If your friend is still coming, then we should have a 4-person team - ideal for the team obstacles, if memory serves. :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Talos said:

I absolutely am! I'm glad about the early start, too.

I'm actually living in Richmond this year, so I'll be driving in from home the morning of the race - if you PM me your phone number, I imagine that'd probably be the easiest way for us to find each other at the race? I'll make sure my friend Chris knows where we are, too. If your friend is still coming, then we should have a 4-person team - ideal for the team obstacles, if memory serves. :) 

Ok awesome, I'll send you a PM in a sec. My Friends GF's sister (lol) also lives in the area but I'm not sure If we're going to be able to stay with her for the night so I'll let you know exactly where I end up staying and then we can figure out exactly how and where to meet up :) Yeah it'll be great to have a 4 person team :D 

• Like 1