Just tried the Beginner Body Weight Workout for the first time!!

OMG I just attempted the Beginner Body Weight Workout for the first time!! and can I just say... It kind of kicked my ass!! 

But this is definitely woot worthy for me because I was sitting here on the sofa just checking some emails and suddenly a nerd fitness email popped up that said :

YOUR FIRST QUEST: Complete your first strength training workout!

And, tbh, I wasn't really feeling it. . . 

Buuuuut then I did it anyway!

I only completed one circuit (I couldn't do it three times) but I am still going to congratulate myself on giving it a try and pushing myself. Yes, I had to pause for multiple seconds between each push up (even though I had to do the alternative one on my knees it was still SO hard) but I did ten of them! Yes, it might have taken 8 minutes or so to do those ten, but I still put in the effort and got em done! By the end of the workout I was panting, sweating, and feeling a little dizzy, so I decided to cool off and stretch. In the past I would have forced myself to do the workout three times, I would have felt like a failure, I would have felt guilty, but this time I remembered what nerd fitness is all about. That its about small changes and maintainable effort. It isn't about killing yourself or pushing to the point of pain. And because I didn't push myself to the point of pain or "this isn't fun i hate it", I'm actually looking forward to doing it again this weekend!!!! 

So woot woot! :) 

• Like 3