Hello everyone,

My friend is on here and he suggested that I join too because I seem to be having a slight problem balancing between too much/over-doing it and just enough. I have a natural tendency towards healthy foods but I am recovering from a vitamin and nutritional deficiency. I started taking vitamins a couple of months ago and a trip to the doc confirmed that I was low in everything. I varied up my very routine diet and things got better but I seem to be having issues again - dizzy, mild tummy upset, carb cravings. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I took stock of everything that I ate today and realized that on most days, I don't get a lot of fat (I do eat nuts everyday though) and was wondering if can cause issues...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

Welcome to the Rebellion, G! Don't shy away from fat! It's a very important part of your diet, specially for women. I don't know much about it so I'll let somebody else help you out. There's tons of cool articles in the main site and lots of advice and knowledge in the forums as well.

Half-Demon Adventurer (Hoping to become an Assassin)Fitocracy |Twitter

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Welcome Glo!

My first advice would be to make sure you vary your diet lots. I try to get in 3 or 4 different vegetables each day, and I rotate between kinds of meat with dinner. As for fat, I've had problems getting enough, too. But I've grown to love avocados, which are a great source of fat! Maybe try adding half an avocado with your lunch, or have guacamole with your dinner.

Good luck with getting your vitamin and nutrition issues sorted out. :)

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr