» shaar moves the #%$&@! payload [overwatch style, v.2]

shaar

Ah, more Overwatch themed goodness.  YUP.  This is the second half of a two-parter challenge, so welcome back!  (Or, you know, welcome if you're just arriving!)

tumblr_o9i5i4AZeG1r7h13fo3_540.jpg

A quick recap from my last quest, is my three overarching goals I'm aiming for this year!

Spoiler

The Shaar Trifecta of Leveling Up

mind
► cultivate my art and see where it goes
I’ve always wanted to draw - and I did for a while, but never really pursued it.  I’m fairly creative and have a knack for being able to copy existing things fairly well.  Over the last quarter of 2016 I really felt this intense fire to learn how to draw better and more.  I sat on it for a while to make sure it wasn’t another flight of fancy, like my hobbies sometimes tend to be, and I think I’m ready to give it a go. :)  My only real goal here is to delve deeper into this and see where it takes me, no strings attached!

body
► explore my physical autonomy
I’ve done really well at growing my mobility practice and having it stick.  I’m noticing humongous gains in my everyday life - less aches and pains, increased (and more comfortable) mobility and flexibility, and a less achy “aging” body.  The myth of aging changes is for the birds and I want to laugh in its face more.  I’ve made leaps in strength gains with my lifting, but now I feel I’m ready and motivated to build a bodyweight practice, specifically through GMB.  I’ll start with Elements and hope to progress to Integral Strength and onward.  I want to do handstands, arm balances, backbends and tumbling and agility and climbing, grow my core strength and be able to have full control over my bodily skills and mobility - I want to train this alongside my barbell work to regain more of my physical autonomy and be able to move better!!  

spirit
► travel someplace i’ve never been before
With no Camp on the horizon until 2018, and me doing financially better than I have in quite some time, I feel I’m ready to make this goal a reality for myself in 2017.  While I travel a decent amount currently, it’s always to places I’ve been, and sometimes for family obligations.  I want to give myself a true “vacation” in 2017, to explore somewhere I’ve never been before, and to have an adventure!  I’m thinking this will be in the latter half of 2017, perhaps the fall?, to give me some time to get my finances in order and narrow down my list of destinations. :3

I've only got three quests this challenge cycle!  (Keepin' it real-) They are mostly continuations in some way shape and form of stuff I did last time. All new characters, OF COURSE!!

Soldier: 76
feelin’ spry~

tumblr_o9czpnUQF91v0b7nno1_500.gif

Why is this doof my favorite Overwatch character?!  Why am I drawn so strongly to the old, crotchety, war-torn ex-strike commander that has an angsty past with an old best friend and is now just out to GET SOME MOTHERFUGGIN JUSTICE?!!?

Sigh, Jack Morrison I just can’t quit you.

Continuing on with Elements in the second part of a 2-challenge span here!   I’m gonna be as spry as Soldier when his damage output is boosted! As mentioned in the end of my last challenge, I’ve noticed HUGE benefits of this already, most notably - wrist flexibility and lack of aches and pains - lower back pain and tightness that has lingered for YEARS is gone, and I can deadlift again - left shoulder fatigue completely gone.  Learning to mobilize my whole body again is a win-win situation.

I’ll aim to do this 4 times a week, on top of my regular lifting schedule.

A - Elements 4 times weekly

B - Elements 3 times weekly

F - GET OFF MY LAWN YOU FAILURE

Genji
a steady blade balances the soul

8b01fef75ee4900b4bd2924de2835e778331ff4d

I figured it would be fitting to continue my art quest from Hanzo to Genji - the pair are emotionally turmoiled angst-filled feuding brothers and Genji is a CYBORG NINJA SAY WHAAAAAT.  Since I’ve been working on very basic anatomy, this quest will require a weekly drawing practice - one fleshed out skeleton a week!  

A - One figure per week

F - [insert Japanese derogatory terms here]

Torbjorn
build ‘em up, break ‘em down!

Torbj%C3%B6rn_refreshing.gif

We are planning to put our house on the market in the springtime! *insert heavy breathing and anxious sweating*  Just thinking about the whole process makes me extremely jangly, so in the interim time I’m going to do as much as I can to take the load off of us during the actual selling timeframe.

This means a. pre-packing things we need but don’t really need over the next 3-4 months, and b. getting rid of ALL of the excess crap!!!  I’m looking specifically at closets/clothing/wearable items for this quest - if this gets done quickly, awesome!, and I’ll move on to something else, but this is sure a biggie.  I’m giving myself 4 weeks to get this big piece in a cohesive order.

A - Successfully sort through and donate things I don't need while boxing up things I want to hang onto.

F - MOLTEN COOORREEEE *gets annihilated by an angry turret by failing this quest*

• Like 10

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Following again! I'm looking forward to this! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Following.

You can do eeet! Packing is, oy. Packing is packing. Doing some pruning first is a great idea. I'm on the other side (still unpacking some stuff into the house we moved into in October), and wishing I had thrown a lot of this stuff out before, rather than now, after having paid to store it.

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

1 hour ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

*Slam follow button* YOU GOT THIS, SHAAR. *Waves pom poms*

YASSS with Miau here, I can do ANYTHING *o*

27 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Following again! I'm looking forward to this! 

OhaiNTB!! <33333333333

17 minutes ago, Tzippi Longstockings said:

Following.

You can do eeet! Packing is, oy. Packing is packing. Doing some pruning first is a great idea. I'm on the other side (still unpacking some stuff into the house we moved into in October), and wishing I had thrown a lot of this stuff out before, rather than now, after having paid to store it.

TZIPPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WAI WAI WAI WAI

I thought I saw you post in the Guild Chat!  WELCOME BACK TO US <3  Going to check on your thread post-haste~

Pruning, DEFINITELY.  We resolved to the fact we'll have to shell out for temporary storage for a bit - we're currently in a 3b2ba and want to downsize to a smaller apartment before we take the bigger jump to move out of state.  O y v e y.

• Like 3

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Woot! Following again!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Following to watch over you this time.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following! Can't wait to see you smash this one just as hard as the last one ;) 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

HI SHAAR

FOLLOWING FOR poverty TORBAHJORN!!

latest?cb=20160824073758

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Following along.

I understand your anxiety on the moving thing. I will know if I am moving in two weeks and I am not looking forward to the possible process. I have started decluttering though and it is helping.

• Like 1

OCEAN RANGER

Current Challenge

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

18 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Woot! Following again!

OHAI! :D

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following to watch over you this time.

Who watches the watchers?!

16 hours ago, Rinna said:

Following!

<33333333

16 hours ago, Urgan said:

O hai.

Hellohaigreetings!!

16 hours ago, kellie.eugenia said:

I got the notification that this was posted thanks to Tapatalk and I was like NEW CHALLENGE UP? YESSSS.

Of course I'm following. <3

Giiirl it's NEW CHALLENGE TIME

14 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Following! Can't wait to see you smash this one just as hard as the last one ;) 

I hope to live up to those expectations!! *o*

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

HI SHAAR

FOLLOWING FOR poverty TORBAHJORN!!

latest?cb=20160824073758

Leave it to a giant beard to draw out The Rurik!!!

Poverty Turrets GO!!!!!!!

• Like 4

»  kom starkru

Ahh Zero Week. <3333333333

tumblr_o8ktl2kNJp1vnq1cro1_500.gif

It's a short work week for me - I was off yesterday due to travel - so I'm feeling pretty relaxed before this challenge gets going.

Today was chest & back at the gym, ugghh, my least favorite day, IT'S SO BORING??  I did manage to bench 80lbsx3 for 3 sets which I haven't been able to do for a while!!  Otherwise honk shoo bench press chest fly dumbbell press seated row pulley zzz.  Thursday is LEGS and Friday will be shoulders & arms.  Yippee!

Tomorrow morning is Elements.  Also Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I'm pretty hype about my lunch this week - brown jasmine rice with apple bourbon chicken sausage and COLORED SWEET POTATO SQUARES, I had no idea they came in PURPLE!??!!?!  They are orange, white, and PURPLE.  NEATO.  I knew carrots came that way but not sweet potatoes but I guess it kinda makes sense, ground-growing veggies.

I just really love food.

Gremlin_b0e47d_5943223.jpg

• Like 7

»  kom starkru

2 hours ago, doctorake said:

Following along.

I understand your anxiety on the moving thing. I will know if I am moving in two weeks and I am not looking forward to the possible process. I have started decluttering though and it is helping.

The process sucks for sure!!  I'm hoping doing as much as I can beforehand will help.  Good luck to us and our decluttering!!!

2 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm here, I'm here!

I've just had a memory blank - SOMETHING made me think of you this weekend..... I had this moment of, "Oh, tell D_R this", and now it's gone.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

17 minutes ago, shaar said:

I've just had a memory blank - SOMETHING made me think of you this weekend..... I had this moment of, "Oh, tell D_R this", and now it's gone.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Should have texted me on Facebook or something

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Should have texted me on Facebook or something

/rolls over checklist of D_R things in her brain:

-greek things

-crossfit

-wrestling

-heavy metal

-OCR's

-jabba the cat

-firehoses

-tabletop rpg's

-the law

Maybe I wanted to tell you about a punk mosh band I saw this weekend where people were windmilling in the pit at like 500mph???  That may have been it.  There was a fight because these CRAZY PUNK GUYS were not paying attention to their windmill actions and one punched another in the head and they got into a heated scuffle and got kicked out.  Like some SERIOUS WINDMILLS I thought arms were going to leave their sockets, yeeeeesh, then one guy ran into the circle and did a terrible spin kick in the air and fell flat on his ass.

If this wasn't what I wanted to tell you it sure is now!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

»  kom starkru

13 minutes ago, doctorake said:

HAHAHAHA, finding out sweets come in different colors is life changing. Pics of lunch?

DEAL!

It won't be as good as yours though!!

I tend to just toss stuff into tupperwares but I'll try to "nicely plate it" for the microwave mwahaha~

• Like 2

»  kom starkru

10 minutes ago, shaar said:

DEAL!

It won't be as good as yours though!!

I tend to just toss stuff into tupperwares but I'll try to "nicely plate it" for the microwave mwahaha~

"A landslide will bring you down..."

If plating had a theme song, this would be mine.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

"A landslide will bring you down..."

If plating had a theme song, this would be mine.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH right here.

Lunch:

bAJlnfL.jpg

Sea salted sweet potatoes, brown rice, and apple bourbon chicken sausage.  I'm really impressed with the mild flavor of the sweet potatoes - they've driven me away in the past for tasting too "sweet potato-ey" but these ones are great.  This is probably up there on 'favorite lunches of all time' - super easy to put together, very flavorful, a+++!

[edited for macros] 453cal 68c 10f 22p

• Like 8

»  kom starkru