• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Laghail

Laghail: Godslayer

10 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I was the queen of action figures growing up. I had all the he-man, thundercats, she-rah, and TMNT (also smurfs, but we don't have to talk about them). I passed them on to my son and he loved them. Good times. 

You have no idea how jealous I am. I had one action figure growing up, and I'd scavenged that out of the lost & found at church. It was some forgotten GI Joe figure (Codename: Couch Potato or something).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imprimis5 said:

You have no idea how jealous I am. I had one action figure growing up, and I'd scavenged that out of the lost & found at church. It was some forgotten GI Joe figure (Codename: Couch Potato or something).

I was the only grandchild on my dad's side for years, so I was pretty spoiled (or as my maternal grandmother lovingly calls me, "a little shit"). 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Haikoo said:

He man and She ra...

2 hours ago, Blocky said:

...I knew a kid who had the stupidly large Castle Greyskull. I was jelly...

1 hour ago, Leigh said:

...the full set of the original run of TNMT action figures. And all of the X-Men ones...

1 hour ago, imprimis5 said:

...some forgotten GI Joe figure (Codename: Couch Potato or something)...

I was on the verge of invoking GI Joe, as is vital to round out this theme - I had about a hundred of those (GI Joe's), including every iteration of Snake Eyes and Destro. But the envy of all my friends was my buddy's GI Joe aircraft career - oh man - it was the length of his room - while the biggest vehicle I had was Zartan's jeep-thingy - but at least Zartan could changed colors in the sun (until you accidentally left him in the sun for a week - permanent burn - trying to suppress pre-teen tears as I realize I ruined one of my favorite toys).

Gah - I just wasted Laghail's thread with that paragraph... but I don't care! I guess I'll have to buy him a coffee.

zartan256.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, imprimis5 said:

We are the same. Growing up in the era of the fundamentalist moral panic in 1990's, Jack Chick was our version of Jack Kirby and action figures or cartoons weren't a thing. Legos and playmobile were okay, because James Dobson didn't find those satanic. I'm weirdly appreciative of the cross-cultural perspective. It has made me absorb pop culture as an adult like an Amish kid on permanent rumspringa. 

Although, as a second culture refugee, could someone explain to me what's the deal with Beyoncé, or pop music in general?

1 hour ago, FortBacon said:

I was on the verge of invoking GI Joe, as is vital to round out this theme - I had about a hundred of those (GI Joe's), including every iteration of Snake Eyes and Destro. But the envy of all my friends was my buddy's GI Joe aircraft career - oh man - it was the length of his room - while the biggest vehicle I had was Zartan's jeep-thingy - but at least Zartan could changed colors in the sun (until you accidentally left him in the sun for a week - permanent burn - trying to suppress pre-teen tears as I realize I ruined one of my favorite toys).

Gah - I just wasted Laghail's thread with that paragraph... but I don't care! I guess I'll have to buy him a coffee.

zartan256.jpg

I love everything about the first part of this post. It's like reading an exerpt from the 80's remake of the Christmas Story.

The second part is also dope, we could even hit a coffee shop closer to your office. Just not the good bean. That place is an abortion clinic for human happiness. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Laghail said:

Update: Added PLP to this months challenge yesterday because it was still zero week, because my pull-up form gets all weird and kip-y after rep 8, and because @Wild Wolf made me. But it does let me drop one accessory a day and have a little more time to crush @mr_willes on miles.

1jklmh.jpg

I see you finally picked up reading...

602.jpg

Funny-Burn-Meme-Super-Ultra-Mega-Burn-Ph

See you at the finish line end of the week.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

We are the same. Growing up in the era of the fundamentalist moral panic in 1990's, Jack Chick was our version of Jack Kirby and action figures or cartoons weren't a thing. Legos and playmobile were okay, because James Dobson didn't find those satanic. I'm weirdly appreciative of the cross-cultural perspective. It has made me absorb pop culture as an adult like an Amish kid on permanent rumspringa. 

Although, as a second culture refugee, could someone explain to me what's the deal with Beyoncé, or pop music in general?

I love everything about the first part of this post. It's like reading an exerpt from the 80's remake of the Christmas Story.

The second part is also dope, we could even hit a coffee shop closer to your office. Just not the good bean. That place is an abortion clinic for human happiness. 

LOL - First, I assure you, 80s fundamentalist moral panic was equally as indelible and insulating (if not more so).

Second - about coffee...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Laghail said:

Tragically, this was the breadth of my comic books as a kid:

220px-This_Was_Your_Life.gif

But a strong dude riding a lion, isn't that just a normal commute for you and @Juni0r83??

th?id=OIP.gNSBmXIh3AR43EBeG0D2qQEsDk&w=2

I really feel like the hardcoreness of us Aussies is severely underrepresented by the act of riding a lion...

• Like 5

We still have all of the 80's toys because Mr. T kept them. His plan is to sell them but it never happens. So I have like an entire closet of he-man, TMNT, and like action figures and what not. Sooooooo... name me a price. :onthego:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Laghail said:

Oh yes. The 80s and 90s under my parents did not prepare me for the level of pop culture I'd be missing out on today. I remember wondering what those darn Thundercats were on my friends' lunchboxes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laghail said:

That place is an abortion clinic for human happiness. 

I laughed to this way harder than I should.  I'm gonna start using this expression until it becomes annoying AF

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Laghail said:

Image result for I don't know

It like explaining why people go slow in the passing lane or why you think you actually have a chance to beat me in the weight loss pvp.

• Like 6

I just can't deal with much of the pop culture in here, so I am just going to zero in on PLP. I've known quite a lot of people get elbow/bicep tendonitis flare ups with PLP, so make sure you are working your antagonist muscles and keeping your tendons happy. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, raptron said:

I just can't deal with much of the pop culture in here, so I am just going to zero in on PLP. I've known quite a lot of people get elbow/bicep tendonitis flare ups with PLP, so make sure you are working your antagonist muscles and keeping your tendons happy. 

So smart. Not worried about the pushup or lunge piece, but going in with tendonitis on my overhand pull and doing chin-up flat/false grip using an I-beam for a bar. Morning pain is weirdly better after low volume evening reps so far.

bad-ideas.gif?w=500&h=250

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

We still have all of the 80's toys because Mr. T kept them. His plan is to sell them but it never happens. So I have like an entire closet of he-man, TMNT, and like action figures and what not. Sooooooo... name me a price. :onthego:

Unless they're still in the original packaging you may be disappointed. When my mom found my old He-Man figures in her basement I looked up what they were going for on eBay. Short answer: not much.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Unless they're still in the original packaging you may be disappointed. When my mom found my old He-Man figures in her basement I looked up what they were going for on eBay. Short answer: not much.

I/we know. :/ I looked them up. But the figuring was something was better than nothing. And we were/are(?) only going to see the ones worth the effort. 

32 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

How is the PLP going? Yesterday was day 9 for me and it is already catching up with me...but, I have dreams...dreams of being like this guy

We both know you are that guy, but you dispense waaay more condoms. PLP is good, day 5 so it's still a quick to-do before bed. Right arm tendonitis is still something to watch, but it's still better in the mornings after PLP than it was before I started, so there's that. Yours is trucking along, any joint pain?

• Like 1

Ehhhmmmmm.... what's this PLP you talk of?

Much confused.

---

"Travel lightly, for what you bring with you becomes part of your landscape." -Anne Bishop

12 hours ago, Katrin Josephina Morag said:

what's this PLP you talk of?

Pushup

Lunge(walk)

Pullups

If i'm not mistaken!

On 13-2-2017 at 11:34 PM, Laghail said:

a little more time to crush @mr_willes on miles.

Hey honey...

post-28874-johnny-depp-blow-kiss-gif-Cry

how far along are you, i'm still at 3.5 miles, but will add 3.5 on friday and 4 on sunday...

• Like 3