• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jakkals

Jakkals ontspan

Last challenge went well, but I am going to do better on this challenge.

This is all just a follow up with most of the same things, concentrating on the little things that make life better. I am on a good roll, and I am doing all the right things, I should just get better at it. 

1. Yoga

Yoga every day. It is part of my battle log, but I know it goes better if I keep it part of my challenge. And it is relaxing

2. Squatting

Do squats every day. And keep improving and just maybe one day I will get this hips of my sorted out. And for the past week I've also been doing push-ups with the squats, so doing those as well.

3. Be nice

I am dangerously close to depression, and I am getting angry about humans. It is time (again) to police my brain and have nice thoughts about people.  Relax.

4.  Money

Lack of money and lack of interest in money is not good. Check all my balances every day to keep on top of the finances.

5. Knives.

Jip. And this one again.

6. Sleep

Bed before ten, up before five. I've been doing this for the past two weeks, it is good for me to get enough sleep.

• Like 5

Next challenge I am going to put procrastinate on the top of the list, then I am sure I will do one thing very well.

1. No yoga today. I woke up early enough and then I just stayed in bed until the time was up.

2. Squats done. I've decided to do the push-ups only every second day.

3. Be nice. Nope. Very much nope.

4. I got some money yesterday, and promptly paid it into my credit card. And today I just as promptly had to buy things for work. The two small bags of crisps were not acceptable.

5. No knives, the whole day was taken up with production work.

6. Bed at 22:10, awake at 5 and up at 5:40. And it is now time for bed again. And I wasted too much time tonight.

• Like 2

So I got up this morning and instead of going online I just sat down in the dark sitting room and had a nice not thinking alone time. I did not try to meditate or anything but it was a nice calm way to start my day.

1. Yoga. Nope

2. Squats done

3. Be nice. After a week of phoning the call center about the blocked drain without any results,  I went to the offices, and realized my life would be better if I do not get angry so I did the nice thing. It was much nicer, I even got the office number to report any further trouble.  

4.hinges, pop rivets and enough calories to be very much ashamed. It was not a good idea.

5. Production work, all day

6. Bed at 9:50, awake at 5, up at 5:40. 

• Like 3

On 2/6/2017 at 1:40 PM, Jakkals said:

3. Be nice

I am dangerously close to depression, and I am getting angry about humans. It is time (again) to police my brain and have nice thoughts about people.  Relax.

I really, really, REALLY need to do this as well. I have some angry feelings about the human race often. I think I'll incorporate something like this into my challenge as well, as being so angry raises my anxiety, puts me in bad moods, and makes me snap at people when I shouldn't. Great challenge!

• Like 1

On 2017/02/09 at 10:01 PM, Jakkals said:

3. Be nice. After a week of phoning the call center about the blocked drain without any results,  I went to the offices, and realized my life would be better if I do not get angry so I did the nice thing. It was much nicer, I even got the office number to report any further trouble.

Wow! Knowing how it can go at municipal offices... I salute you, Jakkals! :loyal:

• Like 1

Not a good start to this challenge 

My left hip is not too bad, strangely enough I can do my squatting, but getting up out of a chair is uncomfortable. I am still trying to figure out which muscle is involved. This has been bothering me now for a few weeks, I have been hoping it will get better.

The weekend were reserved for production work. I had enough sleep, and read quite a bit, but did not do anything important to me.

I am still four days behind on the music theory. My study skills suck.

1. No yoga. I got up early enough and then just sat down in the dark sitting room after eating. The time alone is a comfort to my soul.

2. Squatting done, and 7 standard and 5 knee push ups

3. I was not nice for too much of the day. The stupid part was that the people I was not nice about I have not seen for many years. My brain sucks.

4. No money spend or made today. I should be ashamed, there are things I really should do.

5. No knives.

6. This weekend's sleep were OK, but I am still tired.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jakkals said:

6. This weekend's sleep were OK, but I am still tired.

The only day that makes it possible not be tired is sunday, and that only happens when i can sleep till noon on saturday AND sunday. I've just accepted to be tired a lot.

• Like 1

And it turned out to be a good day after a few not so good days.

I started yoga this morning and promptly stopped and just did some stretches. My hip is really not good for some things, and yoga is one of them. By late afternoon it also hurt while walking. I can do squats and pigeon pose, but sitting cross-legged is very painful. 

And my small camera also did not work today. And my work trousers has given up due to old age. More money problems.

1. yoga. As mentioned, I did spend some time on my yoga mat.

2. squats and push-ups

3. My brain was fine today, I just mildly disliked some people

4. I got a little bit of money today, and payed a debt that has been bothering me for the past four weeks.

5. I did not touch a knife.

6. Bed at ten, up at 5. Keeping to my bedtime is one of the good things I am doing.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2017 at 8:14 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

You think it is a muscle/ligament, or bone that aches?

This is mostly a muscle. The stretches are not really the problem, it is the movement between the poses that kills me. 

Most of a week without internet. Long story.

And we are for the first time in many years within range of a cyclone, so it was cloudy and rainy the whole week. I had to wear a jacket every day. In February!! 

Life sucks at present.  The small irritating little type of suck.

I will not be near internet during the weekend as well. I have got a feeling this is not a good idea either. 

I will do a decent update on Tuesday. Keep well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jakkals said:

And we are for the first time in many years within range of a cyclone, so it was cloudy and rainy the whole week. I had to wear a jacket every day. In February!! 

It's been unseasonably warm here. No jackets for us!

See you on the other side of the weekend.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jakkals said:

We were also wearing jackets here in Natal. Been very cold, but luckily yesterday it stopped raining, and today the sun is actually out.

All the best for the weekend. Pray that your mind is calm and you have a good rest.

• Like 1

My brother had to go and do some training on Sunday in Nelspruit, and since he got paid for fuel he decided to extend the trip and also invited me to go to the Kruger National Park. We left here early on Saturday morning and arrived there just after 11. Sunday he had to do the training so I had to stay in the camp and we drove around all of Monday.

For people who does almost no camping we do have a lot of stuff.

16996475_10154431504376589_8234133361255

At one spot an elephant has broken down a tree in the road so I followed the guy in front of me around and managed to destroy my front tire on a stump. So we had to change tires knowing there were elephant a few hundred meters away, we have seen them.

We did see a lot of animals for such a short time. And kept a list.

Giraffes - quite a few groups, right next to the road as well. Always a very elegant animal

Elephants - Lots, all over the place.

Kudu - not many, and mostly female

Impala - It is impossible to go to KNP and not see impalas

Zebra - twice. We were not really in zebra habitat.

Fish eagle - One flying low over the river.

White Rhino - 3 groups, right next to the road.

Turtles and tortoise - all the tortoises were very small and could fit into my hand

Warthog - a family group with babies the first time. They are not shy at all. 

Vulture - Sitting on a tree next to the road. It was the closest I've ever been to one.

Baboons - outside camp as well as the two who managed to get over the electric fence and stole our eggs and cereal.

Duiker and Steenbok - Two not very rare antelopes but they tend to be very shy.

Bushbuck - This is quite rare, but these were right outside camp and not scared of humans at all. 

Buffalo - we saw quite a lot, but they were mostly lying down.

Leopard - a very rare sight, this one were close by and crossed the road right in front of us, after having a poop

Waterbuck - they were close to the road but just kept their heads down and ignored us.

Boomslang - bright green tree snake that were scrambling to get across the road. Very rare sight

Lion - a lioness lying on a rock a long distance from the road and many cars blocking the very narrow road to get pictures. I was glad when we got past that.

Klipspringer - Small little antelope, not very rare but difficult to spot.

Hippopotamus - There were two in the dam next to the camp and at one point one decided to roll over in the water so that his feet were up in the air. A hippo yawning is a very scary thing.

And we also saw a lot of birds that were not easy to identify, and as always the small little animals like meerkats that spend their lives running from threats, so you are lucky if you just get a glimpse.

And this funny little elephant decided he does not like the cars and flapped his ears and trumpeted at the cars while crossing the road.

16998867_10154431504411589_2793039599846

The bushbuck just outside the camp.

17022202_10154431505521589_5514902238103

Zebras and one of a group of giraffes.

16938527_10154431505496589_2543892352526

An elephant approaching the water. The impala were standing around and scattered when he approached.

16996485_10154431503721589_1251035486377

And the leopard. A very beautiful animal. This picture was taken through the front window of the car, he were about twenty meters away from us.

16998125_10154431504081589_8593131105213

• Like 4

We were at Berg-en-dal.  It was the first time I've ever been there, it is a nice camp, but all the dirt roads around the camp were closed so we could not really drive around close by.

Apparently there is a challenge going on. Since last week my brain has gone funny on me again. I am not pleased, but at least today I was on a more stable level, and I should get back to checking boxes again. Even my battle log has crashed to a standstill.

drawing+2017+courage+later+w500.jpg

And for some reason I did not post a picture of a Rhino

16938500_10154439202106589_5005180640788

• Like 3

And today is my fourth anniversary of the day I put on my tatty running shoes and started a C25K.

It has been an interesting time, and I still have a long way to go.

Thanks to all for the support you have given me. I really should have taken more effort for this picture.

17103249_10154439202186589_7861959007558

• Like 4