• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone is F*ing Strong Enough

23 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Your journal looks beautiful.

+ 1! Where and when can I buy one? Also how high are the chances that you can convince Spike to visit us here on NF and maybe do a meet and greet, Q&A or signing some pictures?

I promise that I will try to act cool if it happends.

tumblr_mxpte271r21r8cvzdo1_500.gif

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sjard said:

+ 1! Where and when can I buy one? 

Amazon is my go to for my journals :D I love the dot grid ones the best :D

the leuchtturm1917 A5 is one of my faves. Also the Scribbles That Matter dot grid.  There are lots of options :D The scribbles that matter ones are nice as they have built in pen holder (:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Volki said:

Just wanted to say you are awesome and sorry I'm late :D

AHOY BRUTHA! No such thing. Now I was to watch Wet Hot American Summer. That biz was solid :P 

4 hours ago, Sjard said:

+ 1! Where and when can I buy one? Also how high are the chances that you can convince Spike to visit us here on NF and maybe do a meet and greet, Q&A or signing some pictures?

Holy crap that's too funny!! Sounds like an AMA somewhere... hmmm... I wonder how that could happen...

(Are you challenging this go around?)

1 hour ago, Haikoo said:

Amazon is my go to for my journals :D I love the dot grid ones the best :D

the leuchtturm1917 A5 is one of my faves. Also the Scribbles That Matter dot grid.  There are lots of options :D The scribbles that matter ones are nice as they have built in pen holder (:

Same! I got mine on Amazon and steal collect lots of ideas and leave them here!

I'll talk to Spike about an AMA, he might be into that if there's interest...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Argh, I still don't have a pinterest account. Now I'm tempted to get one.

How are you like even eating meals without pinterest!!?!?!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

How are you like even eating meals without pinterest!!?!?!

So much this, every Sunday morning this is where my meal planning starts :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

So much this, every Sunday morning this is where my meal planning starts :D

I just started experimenting with meal planning for the week... instead of batch cooking etc. I've made a new meal plan board, and a bujo board... and now there's a place in my bujo for scheduled meal planning :P So... that hapenned LOL

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RedStone said:

(Are you challenging this go around?)

Maybe, I have something sketched out but I'm not sure yet.

18 hours ago, RedStone said:

Same! I got mine on Amazon and steal collect lo

Are there pre painted ones too?

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Instagram?

Isn't that mostly for booty enthusiasts?

btw. do we have a NF band?

mbremwlc.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sjard said:

Maybe, I have something sketched out but I'm not sure yet.

AWWW YEAH!

ZxDebuN.gif

5 hours ago, Sjard said:

Are there pre painted ones too?

Actually I think there are...

5 hours ago, Sjard said:

Isn't that mostly for booty enthusiasts?

Yes. And...?

5 hours ago, Sjard said:

btw. do we have a NF band?

mbremwlc.gif

UHHHHH we do now!!!!!

_____

So. uh.... speaking of instagram... I did my first #flexfriday today cause of a #throwBACKthursday yesterday (seriously... I know. I know.) I've never taken a back picture before and I don't know how to do the flexing pose thing... so I don't really do that kind of thing normally. But when I saw it I have to say I was... surprised. I had no idea what was going on back there... so if you've never done one, maybe give a go sometime, you might surprise yourself? And someday I'll have a selfie mirror with good lighting :P 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

So they X'ed the chat room, huh?

Oh hey there! Nah, the room still exists, just the link from the forums seems to have gone. I'm not sure what that's about, perhaps a question for one of the admins? I'd drop a link but I'm afraid I can't find one... I just go through IRC cloud!

Saturday morning! And I've been sleeping so well. Feeling great ATM, minus the looming feeling that I have sprint intervals today... and since the track is covered in snow I'll be doing them on the rowing machine down in the freezing basement :P AH WELL. We're going to look at phones today (any recommendations?) cause ours are at that stage where you just look at them and they freak out. They just don't phone anymore. Then tonight is 2nd Saturday in town (art crawl + free booze = possibly drunk buying art and/or toys and kawaii plushies), so it's pretty much the best date night of the month :D 

Still feeling SUPER stressed about shooting for 1800 cals. Bloated but bearing it for now, just trying to hit the new, higher carb breakdown and see what happens after 2 weeks, which is my typical adjustment period. Just get through it. After talking to @AugustaAdaByron I decided to take a mid refeed bloat picture so I can deal with it better later lol. It's probably not as bad as I think.

Teeny bit sore from last night, I need to get rehab back into my routine:

T&F

2X AWC

2XD Banded Lat Walks

10X YHandcuffs

15X Banded FacePulls

15X Med Ball Slams 10#

Front Squats

Warmup Sets

AMRAP-3

10X 80#

10X 80#

10X 80#

10X 80#

10X 80#

11X 80#

DB Incline Press

AMRAP-3

17X 25#

17X 25#

15X 25#

15X 25#

Pendelay Rows

Warmup Sets

AMRAP-3

12X 95#

15X 95#

DB KB Upright Rows

AMRAP-3

15X 40#KB

15X 40#KB

4X Core Circuit 

30Sec Plank/ 5Sec off

30Sec Superman/ 5Sec off

Really surprised at the shoulder presses. This has been a week point for a long time and this month has so much shoulder and back to help me get over those imbalances... it's only week 2 and I'm pleasantly surprised at how manageable these were. The pull ups still kill me tho... They should have been 25#DBs, but all the sets were taken so I used the KB... and wanged myself ALA @Sam Ashen - and for the second time!!! I did the same last week! So I need to try to either get that damn DBs or take a slight bend to avoid my poor kettlebell battered crotch.

In mental health news... I'm feeling good about the stuff from the week, and pulled the trigger on the warrior dash!! I have yet to choose a PL meet, and might do one in Connecticut earlier in May. Or not. We'll see, I have some ideas about that and not gonna stress it right now :D Working on challenge goals meanwhile, to be posted tomorrow I hope! 

Happy weekend and here's an adorable crotch battering ketllebell for you!

katxn4ml.jpg

• Like 10

I keep looking at what you guys (other nerds) are doing for workouts and I'm feeling that panicked "OMG I'M NOT DOING ENOUGH" feel. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Haikoo said:

I keep looking at what you guys (other nerds) are doing for workouts and I'm feeling that panicked "OMG I'M NOT DOING ENOUGH" feel. 

Same here, but I get so whooped with what I am already doing I don't feel like it would be safe to do much more.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Haikoo said:

23 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

Same here, but I get so whooped with what I am already doing I don't feel like it would be safe to do much more.

Nah, I mean, yeah, everyone kind of does that even tho no one ever should :P Ever since my burnout last fall I feel like I never do enough, and the burnout mostly hapenned because of that in the first place... workouts got longer and longer, more frequent, and it never felt like enough.

I'm only in the gym now 3X a week when I'd rather a minimum of 4... I just try to remember what hapenned when I hit it too hard for too long. It's not safe to do too much all at once, and while FOMO is real, being smart about what I need is most important - I'm trying to remember that both physically and emotionally in terms of how I enjoy what I'm doing too :) and I haven't been unhappy with my results whatsoever. Strength is building in what seems like a healthy, long term pace. 

So I dunno, you do you, do whats best for you, enjoy learning about what people do, but don't compare. Easier said than done I know :P Imma try also.

_____

Speaking of. I feel terrible right now. It has something to do with lots of free wine during art walk on a pretty empty stomach, and then boozey cocktails over dinner. Meal times got messed up yesterday because we finally went to replace our broken iphones and made the switch to galaxies finally!!! Very happy about that but it was time consuming. We also got watches as part of a promo and so far it has been very bossy about how I'm sitting here nursing my hangover instead of out running. Fuck you watch! I... also made a terrible decision at dinner. I wanted a burger, had more than enough macros for it, but ended up getting something else because I thought it was a better health choice. (Corned beef and cabbage and mash) It was pretty awful and I was sad. I might have cried a little. In public. But... I blame the booze. Note to future self.

Rowing intervals were intense yesterday morning. I did:

15X 20 secs on 40 secs off then 17X 20 secs on 50 secs off

(halfway-ish through I started to feel like I wasn't "sprinting" at full force anymore, took a few mins to realize all I had to do was adjust rest periods. I made it through even tho the rowing machine whined a bit. I think it needs some tightening and grease...)

OK. time to recover and get my shiz together for meal planning. Might not make it to the grocery today, but I'd like to see that schedule set up :D Also need to see if I can get my challenge goals on paper screen, if I can just tear myself away from all these adorable skins....

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That seems like some brutal rowing. Isn't that like at least 30 minutes of rowing? How is your body not just broken today? I am super impressed by your stamina. 

Eh, kind of? It's about 30 mins total, that's was the goal, but more than half of it is recovery when it's all added up lol but yeah, getting that stamina up while increasing respiratory power is def the idea ;) I prayed for death for a decent amount of it, and my legs are feeling it a big today, but it's not too bad lol

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Eh, kind of? It's about 30 mins total, that's was the goal, but more than half of it is recovery when it's all added up lol but yeah, getting that stamina up while increasing respiratory power is def the idea ;) I prayed for death for a decent amount of it, and my legs are feeling it a big today, but it's not too bad lol

How high is your resistance? 1-10?

10 minutes ago, NucleotidalWave said:

How high is your resistance? 1-10?

I'd say 6-7ish. I want to say 8... but I think that's a bit dramatic lol

• Like 3