• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone is F*ing Strong Enough

Hey guess what! I have challenge goals!!!

It's been a really... interesting year so far. Little heavy at times. The other day I joked about having Andy Dwyer as a joy totem to lighten things up... and you know what? IMMA ROLL WITH IT :D

This is my 10th challenge on NF, and my 1st nerdiversary will be on the 28th :) And 9/10 of my challenges have had Minecraft themes. Time to switch things up.

dcvMDkq.gif

That's right Andy! I'm gonna get stuff done this month, and you're gonna help me!

xYABcNw.gif

That's.... not really necessary Andy, but I appreciate the energy! How about we give 110% for some things... and not so much for the others?

WKXW8Dd.png

Alright. Let's get started then. I'm doing a nice and typical 3 breakdown challenge, in order of priority:

LIFE

Andy manages to get shit done. Even though he failed the brain section, he managed 100% on his police academy test!

There's a time for 100%, and a time for <50% Studying is top priority with only a little of a month left before test. 

Study 5X a week

Read in bed 3X per week

Doodle chibi in bujo when focus is lost 5X per week

ggheLnP.gif

WHAT? You don't belong here Ron :P And this is exactly the time for half assing a few things. I've been going all or nothing for awhile now, and it hasn't been good for my head. Studying gets a whole ass... but as soon as @Starpuck turned me on to chibi... I knew it was something perfect for the half ass. Little happy mindless doodlies to calm and recenter. DON'T BE PEFECT, JUST HAVE FUN!!!

TRAIN

Even when it's unpleasant, Andy knows when it's time to step up and do the thing.

nwebTki.gif

Lift 3X per week

Run 2X per week (discuss with Lou about adding Zombie run)

Mobility and stretching 5X per week

NUTRITION

Andy knows how to eat, and enjoy it. 

bYEKanx.gif

Eat to 1800 for 2 weeks before adjusting, Track 5X a week

Get the water - 2 shakers daily minimum 5X a week

Continue Meal planning, focus on finding things you enjoy :) 1X per week/ post 1X per week on recaps of how I liked stuff AKA food p0rn :D 

A lot of these are basics on my monthly tracker, but I decided to take a page out of @Jarric's book (yuck yuck - bujo humor!) make a separate challenge tracker to give it a bit more importance and gravity :D 

I am tempted to set up incentives in an effort to be nice to myself, but I'm not sure how to grade... any simple suggestions for percentages???

FvMC2GN.jpg?2

^^^room to doodle :D 

Grading and incentives:

45 35 chances for success each week. 

30-35 = A

25-29 = B

20-24 = C

15-19 = D

<19    = F

Average of 4 weeks:

F = no dice

D = no dice

C = Crystal Cube for Car

B = Above plus Zero Week cap

A = Above plus up to $50 for new purse/clutch

(Had to edit the numbers here cause math :P)

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Blocky said:

We demand 100% compliance!!!!!! /kidding

To fun and self-care. And KILLING IT. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blocky said:

We demand 100% compliance!!!!!! /kidding

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

To fun and self-care. And KILLING IT. 

In it to win it! Or... you know. Go get a hot dog if I get too sweaty...

tjecYuZ.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Phoenix91 said:

Bit late here but great news about your dads surgery, and well wishes for his continued recovery.  

Following along!  

Thank you. He seems to be doing great! I am... SO relieved LOL

_____

Meanwhile, it is still technically zero week (ZERO WEEK!) and... I think my pajamas made a strong suggestion for where to do the next Zero Week... 

Who's in? ;) 

(I know where the jello shot stand is halfway down the strip...)

i91so8yl.jpg

• Like 9

I'm pumped up for your new challenge and your fabulous goals! I also enjoy the images of your bujo and it gives me inspiration for new ways of tracking things at work. I may need to morph my work to-do list into something more sophisticated (and by that I mean fun and tracking more than yes/no if done). 

You could totally start a side business selling us zero-week shirts. ;) 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, RedStone said:

I am tempted to set up incentives in an effort to be nice to myself, but I'm not sure how to grade... any simple suggestions for percentages???

90-100% - A

75-90% - B

60-75% - C

45-60% - D

I'm not sure why I gave 15 point's leeway to the lower grades, but something about an A-grade really just seemed to necessitate something better.

But yeah. However much niceness you get to show yourself is correlated to the grade... though what that looks like is probably something you have to figure out for yourself.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

You could totally start a side business selling us zero-week shirts. ;) 

OMG DO NOT TEMP ME!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Love the goals!  I really need to watch parks and rec...

Yes. Stop what you're doing right now and go. This is a matter of national security.

3 hours ago, Kishi said:

90-100% - A

75-90% - B

60-75% - C

45-60% - D

So that's like... if 90% of my boxes are filled in? Cause why is this hard for me to wrap my head around LMAO ;) 

Also, HAI!!!

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

OMG that Tracker....  That BuJo!!!

11 hours ago, Jarric said:

Love the goals this month, and the challenge tracker! Looking forward to seeing you totally half-arse this month!

I so blame you Jarric, I wasn't gonna do it! But heyo ;) 

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

I can't WAIT to see your chibi's!

YAYYYY! I think I'll probably post a bunch to the art group maybe? (Does bujo belong in there too? I feel like maybe but also no lol)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RedStone said:

So that's like... if 90% of my boxes are filled in? Cause why is this hard for me to wrap my head around LMAO ;) 

Also, HAI!!!

Sure! Why not! I don't see why that wouldn't work. :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RedStone said:

I'm only in the gym now 3X a week when I'd rather a minimum of 4... I just try to remember what hapenned when I hit it too hard for too long. It's not safe to do too much all at once, and while FOMO is real, being smart about what I need is most important - I'm trying to remember that both physically and emotionally in terms of how I enjoy what I'm doing too :) and I haven't been unhappy with my results whatsoever. Strength is building in what seems like a healthy, long term pace. 

Learning moderation even for things that are "good for you" is sossosososososososoooo hard. <3 

Love your new goals this challenge. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, raptron said:

Learning moderation even for things that are "good for you" is sossosososososososoooo hard. <3 

Love your new goals this challenge. 

It is so true. Too much of anything man... checks and balances man... doing the things the right way, not the dumb way... man... hehehehehe

Eb4qPKD.gif

THANK YOU!! Looking forward to gettin stuff done yo!!! :D let's rock this mutha outttttttt

24 minutes ago, Br0din said:

I disapprove of this challenge's name.  You are never strong enough.  

You keep me honest young man :*

nUzlZAz.gif

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brutalbears said:

Dude..I don't know if it is girly or not, but I do the shit out some bullet journeling like that.

It's not girly!!! I was totally going for like, a Saved By The Bell thing :P What's manlier than Zach Morris???

5eaRD6i.gif

gcGGPJ2.gif

5 hours ago, brutalbears said:

Best show ever...

Swanson is my personal hero

EXCELLENT CHOICE. We should talk more. ;) 

5 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

How many pages are in your bujo? Reading brutalbears comment made me wonder. 

249! (I got the pre-numbered kind. SWISH) But I've already ripped some out, cause rookie mistakes :P 

Meanwhile, it was deadlift day! My cardio continues. Today has been successful in general! I did:

-Mobility

-Grocery shopping

-Enjoyed an impromptu lunch despite a moment of panic

-Studied

-Trained

-Drank the water

-Tracked the Food

-AND DOODLED :) 

In light of @Br0din's triumphant return, I implore myself with a daily reminder:

hoQnBndl.jpg?1

Hopefully he won't be too angry with all my cardio...

T&F

2X WAC

12X Banded GM

12X Banded Dislocates

12X Banded Face Pulls

10X X Body easi

Deficit Deadlifts

5X 115#

3X 135#

3X 145#

AMRAP-3

3X12 160#

Banded Over Hand Pullups

AMRAP-3

2X5

DB Lat Raises

AMRAP-3

2X7 12#

Bench Leg Raises to Forehead

4X15

And @Kishi, those plates I'm standing on can't be more than 4"... not 6 -_- but they sure feel like it... :P 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Leigh said:

damn! how much weight is that? Also that carrot is adorable! Have some apples to go with it!

Cute things are cute ^___^ They perk me up every time I doodle lol These deads are 160#