• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone is F*ing Strong Enough

But yes, to your possssts. I think you look amazing in each and I think the mental leaps and bounds you are making in the process are the HUGE THING that don't show in comparison photos. <3 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Br0din said:

Blow job week

3 hours ago, raptron said:

Can we implement downvoting? :D 

I am SO tempted to drop a link for you to give the Misses, but it's just... I don't think... it's well beyond appropriate levels for a public forum. But I do like being thanked. And reminding you that blow job week doesn't exist. Hit me if you want to make your life better by 300%

3 hours ago, raptron said:

But yes, to your possssts. I think you look amazing in each and I think the mental leaps and bounds you are making in the process are the HUGE THING that don't show in comparison photos. <3 

That's very true. I should post a selfie here and there... the kind with the smile :D It has been hapenning more often, and this big tangled mess of thoughts is a very good thing. Good things come from it! <3 <3 <3 

So um ... if we're gonna be creepy and honest for a moment.   I should have reversed those statements... it would have sounded a whole 2% better...

I totally want your BuJo and your body.  Like.  Stealing now.  Give them to me.  Now.  Dammit now.

Jus' sayin.

giphy.gif

I am so glad I got to know you through that side thing we're doing lol, because you touch on things that I hear in my head, and I see this person who is pushing through them, kicking ass, getting stronger, being amazing.   And it's fucking inspiring!   

• Like 4

It's soup O'clock. The man is feeling a fair bit better and I made soup for him tonight, with lots of veggies and tiny macaronis and he seems to be doing well with it. I had a super long session (4-7pm) and ate pre-dinner steak before soup. 

Reviewing and more test prep is happening, and I'm very excited that i'm going to stay over at a friend's house tomorrow - one of my closest and oldest friends - for a planned break night. I almost turned it down because I can't do anything or have anything until after the test. But that turns out to be silly ball! I have also told myself I can have a shopping break at the end of the week to look for a dress for the wedding. This is a much better plan than locking myself in a cell until the work is done. Way to self care.

Otherwise, OOPS, I told Lou that I would be gone for a week so we could schedule around it... and based on the timing I don't get to de-load this week. Instead, I get... and EXTRA week of hypertrophy!!! :D Yeah no. That sucks :P But I guess I'll have to do it. Again. (SIGH!)

J0kj1Rj.gif

T&F

2X AWC

DX2 Lat Band Walks

10X Y Cuffs

15X FacePulls

15X Med Ball Slams 10#

Wide Grip Bench

3X5 45#

AMRAP-1

14 X70# (oops)

2X14 80#

17X 80#

Front Squat

5X 65#

AMRAP-1

17X 80#

20X 80#

Pendelay Rows

2X5 80#

AMRAP-1

17X 100# (Touch and go, oops)

17X 100#

20X 100#

Upright DB Rows

AMRAP-1

3X15 25#

Deficit Reverse Leg Extensions

4X15

15X 30sec sprint/ 60 seconds walk to recover

_____

So... Recently I've been tidying the bar off the floor by cleaning it, typically just with the bumpers = 65#. Today I gave it a go at 80# and did it! So.. I guess that's a PR? Getting more curious about the "other" lifts in a kind of vague way. Particularly interested about the bursts of speed involved. Also told Lou I want more movement even tho I'm training for PL gainz, and also told him I didn't know what that meant.

The End.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

So um ... if we're gonna be creepy and honest for a moment.   I should have reversed those statements... it would have sounded a whole 2% better...

I totally want your BuJo and your body.  Like.  Stealing now.  Give them to me.  Now.  Dammit now.

Jus' sayin.

I am so glad I got to know you through that side thing we're doing lol, because you touch on things that I hear in my head, and I see this person who is pushing through them, kicking ass, getting stronger, being amazing.   And it's fucking inspiring!   

Oooo I'm so happy too!!! Nerd feel alert but I absolutely adore you!!! And you can come and creep on me anytime ;) We'll do a body snatcher thing... just a warning tho, you'll need a lot of step stools around! :P It's... meaningful to me, to know that this process is useful to other people. I've had so many blocks of years of uncertainty, not realizing what I was doing or why I was doing things, not able to communicate different thoughts...let alone act on them. If saying all this crap out loud is useful to others, then heyo!!! I'm very happy I can be useful while sorting things out! :):D :bee: Seriously. Slumber party. I'm all about it.

• Like 2

Lou takes his definition of hypertrophy VERY seriously. Sets with more than 10 and my brain can't even comprehend it. Like how are you even able to keep count? Sometimes I lose count in a set of 8! 

I'm super proud of you for doing the self care and honoring what your self needs. Sometimes we need to honor the now to set our future selves up for success. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Lou takes his definition of hypertrophy VERY seriously. Sets with more than 10 and my brain can't even comprehend it. Like how are you even able to keep count? Sometimes I lose count in a set of 8! 

Hehehe right? WTF AMRAP :P But it's been good for me to keep pushing myself, and the higher reps with lighter weight has absolutely changed my form for the better. (Thanks 15million front squats and high bar back squats :P) Most noticeable was bench, where up until the comp I felt like I was still playing with different form approaches to see what worked for me. I have a much more solid opinion about that now! :D On top of all that, I'm pretty excited to see what normal form looks like after this... I haven't done a regular grip bench, standard DL or low bar back squat the whole time!

26 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm super proud of you for doing the self care and honoring what your self needs. Sometimes we need to honor the now to set our future selves up for success. 

I'm glad too. Wasn't looking so good there for a bit, but once I finally gave myself the chance to do right by me I felt a knot loosen up in my chest and everything was starting to get righted again. I'm just glad I know well enough now to get off the cycle of negative behavior much quicker than I used to. Closing that gap... it's a good thing! <3 <3 <3 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Say the number.  I worked with one guy who was a huge fan of that.

Want a distraction from the huge rep count?  Say the square of the number!

1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144, 169, 196, 225, 256, 289, 324, 361, 400!

This is, after all, Nerd Fitness!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Say the number.  I worked with one guy who was a huge fan of that.

Want a distraction from the huge rep count?  Say the square of the number!

1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144, 169, 196, 225, 256, 289, 324, 361, 400!

This is, after all, Nerd Fitness!

I count in 5s because 5 > than all others. But... squares? I'm more of the... playing a renaissance flute in the stairwell while skipping math cause of teenage feels sort of nerd... 

• Like 2

SO, I just realized that this weekend is daylight savings!!! YAYYYY!!! ALL THE SUNSHINE ALL THE TIME!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

kkt6rca.gif

So, last week was my nerdiversary, and since I first came here to get advise on starting a lifting program, it makes sense that today would mark my one year of lifting!

It's my liftversary! 

Looks like my detailed notes don't start until my second session.. but what I got from context is that it was day 1 of 5X5 StrongLifts (so Squat/Bench/Row) and I used a 20# fixed bar for everything :P So I guess things have changed a bit. I also see that I VERY SPECIFICALLY ASK if I'm supossed to progress by 10# each session. AND NO ONE SAID NO! So I blame all of you for letting me pooch SL out of the gate :D (JK it was fine and I ran the progressions like that till I ditched the program 6 weeks later.)

So... I have plenty of thoughts on the past year that I'll save, maybe for the challenge wrap up. But I can't deny that it's been an interesting ride! For today tho, it's carry on with the week - started strong yesterday just in time for me to go to the Poconos tonight for girls night! Study this morning, mobility could be done at the lake tonight if I run out of time before, and figuring out a lap craft for pajama time. There will be food I can't control (but imo she eats "cleaner" than I do these days) and booze. I plan on indulging and doing my best to > or at least = 1650. I think I'll bring some jerky and/or protein powder because it might be tricky to get protein later. 

Alright! 1 year down, time for the terrible twos!

51P24Z0.gif

• Like 13

13 hours ago, RedStone said:

I am SO tempted to drop a link for you to give the Misses, but it's just... I don't think... it's well beyond appropriate levels for a public forum. But I do like being thanked. And reminding you that blow job week doesn't exist. Hit me if you want to make your life better by 300%

Then, slide into my DM's.

Image result for dm slide

I'm waiting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Br0din said:

Now to patiently wait until I get home...

I am now genuinely concerned that I may be scarring you for life...

CkgP3AD.gif

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, raptron said:

I can't believe you only started lifting a year ago. You are a freaking POWER MACHINEEEEE QUEEN OF THE LIFTS. 

Aw.... shucks

9JR6Iwa.gif

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, raptron said:

I can't believe you only started lifting a year ago. You are a freaking POWER MACHINEEEEE QUEEN OF THE LIFTS. 

um yeah, seriously! you have some real laser focus i think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

um yeah, seriously! you have some real laser focus i think.

As I mindless giphy "rainbow lazer"...

(But thank you, it's comforting to know I can do it in one part of my life lol)

3MGUlvW.gif

IKgh27t.gif

hYU3cC5.gif

• Like 3