• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone is F*ing Strong Enough

6 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

Is standing on plates a new thing? I saw someone at my gym do it today. Deadlifts too.

If you're standing on the plates while doing deadlifts it's a "Deficit deadlifts" thing. It's a variation of deadlifts. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

If you're standing on the plates while doing deadlifts it's a "Deficit deadlifts" thing. It's a variation of deadlifts. 

... and it suuuuucks.....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blocky said:

As a really short person it's probably closer to most peoples regular deadlift for me, lol!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

As a really short person it's probably closer to most peoples regular deadlift for me, lol!

Not gonna lie, I had this thought. As a person with long legs, it kind of already feels like a deficit. But deadlifts are still my favorite!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

4 hours ago, Blocky said:

4 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I thought I'd leave this part out (although I agree completely)!

It's all true :P 

1 hour ago, TiffanyD said:

57 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Not gonna lie, I had this thought. As a person with long legs, it kind of already feels like a deficit. But deadlifts are still my favorite!

Hehehehe yeaaaah... no :P But it's an adorable thought ;) 

11 hours ago, NucleotidalWave said:

Is standing on plates a new thing? I saw someone at my gym do it today. Deadlifts too.

Basically, you add a deficit to increase and exaggerate typical range of motion, and you can do it for all sorts of different exercises. In this case, I'm spending the month doing deficit deadlifts because my sticking point (biggest challenge) is getting the bar off the ground. Once I'm in motion I'm usually pretty good to go for the rest of the lift.

With these deficits, I'm pulling the bar from 4" below that sticking part, so in theory it'll feel much easier when I get back to the normal height. It's only been 2 weeks and I've had a really solid form breakthrough having to do with my hip height! Adductors are killing me and I have an imbalance on the right side of my posterior chain :P but nothing that can't be dealt with :D 

(And it doesn't have to be plates, but they're eaay and available for a lower deficit! Using boxes or steppers would be a bit too much for me for this, so redplates it is!)

• Like 6

I like deficit deads personally, even as a long legged gazelle creature. I have the same problem getting the bar off the ground usually so they're the go-to. I feel like it's easier to really recruit your hamstrings when pulling from so far. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, raptron said:

I feel like it's easier to really recruit your hamstrings when pulling from so far. 

I get this same feeling...lots of tension in the butt and back of legs. Like really loading the hamstrings. But I have been told that they are supposed to help force you to work the quads in order to break off the floor which I can feel more in deficit than with normal deadlifts but not nearly as much as the backside of the lower body. Either way, they certainly help with that time under tension at the lower part of the lift and they seem like a solid accessory to help with sticking points at the bottom.

• Like 2

On 13/2/2017 at 4:17 PM, Kishi said:

90-100% - A

75-90% - B

60-75% - C

45-60% - D

If you wanna expand this and go real deep, the game I play to write the story in my challenge thread breaks 100℅ down into a scale of F-, F, F+, E-, E and so forth. I can give you the numbers once I'm on my computer if you're interested, otherwise Kishi's suggestion is simple and clean.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

If you wanna expand this and go real deep, the game I play to write the story in my challenge thread breaks 100℅ down into a scale of F-, F, F+, E-, E and so forth. I can give you the numbers once I'm on my computer if you're interested, otherwise Kishi's suggestion is simple and clean.

I have to admit I'm very curious in a -can't-turn-away-from-a-car-crash- kinda way... since that's how I math ;) 

• Like 3

Soooooo you know that whole thing where I'm WAS NOT gonna go all or nothing in a terrible sort of way? Oops.

SVP5KMb.gif

9E2OkO2.gif

So I was complaining chatting with the nutrition crew about how my stomach has been upset since I started the uptake in calories last week, so much so that I couldn't wouldn't eat breakfast today. Well... we took a look at my data (DATA!) and it seems that I've been hitting the 14-1500 range and tried to jump to 1800... which hasn't been pleasant on the few days I've managed it. I'm taking some of my go to antacids for now, and easing back just a touch on the goal since it was a little cray on my system out of the gate. I got some gentle stuff for breakfasts and snacks, and have my meal plan working for me :) The plan is to finish this week at 16-1650, next week 17-1750, and go from there.

Kswx8sUm.jpg DiVDTAdm.jpg

^^^is one of my favorite spreads so far, I love that my shopping list is next to the meal plan so I can kind of look back and see what the ingredients are for in case I need to think about quantity of whatever. Still adjusting how that's going to look... dairy should be smaller so I can make "misc" bigger. 

Today was productive in general:

-Stretch the things

-Study

-Laundry

-Water

-Track the foods

-Drink the stuff

-DOODLE!!!

And I have a tentative scoring system brewing! And a few possible incentives I haven't committed to yet. Trail running shoes? New purse that's the exact right size for my notebook? Gaudy "RedStone" name plate??? We shall see....

4VdtYbHl.jpg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I approve of your color schemes. 

I've joked with Lou (LOU!) a bunch of times about the unicorn sparkle rainbow power gym concept, where all the equipment is powder coated in rainbow sparkle colors (I hope @elvenengineer can guide me to the correct materials?) Super happy rainbow graffiti murals and a slight sheen and shimmer in the bowls of chalk. Pretty big difference to the stark black and red in the shed environment at TSA :'D 

20 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

your bujo is seriously gorgeous!

13 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

Glad you are making the adjustments!  Also I love your journal :) 

Thank you!! It's such a silly little thing but it really makes me happy to see everyday, and I'm kind of into that right now ;) It sucked to have the world flip and feel like I needed to punish myself... but I also want to get stuff done. I'm not sure why, but these little guys really help me focus :D 

7 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

filmeditor christmas movies will ferrell elf you did it

ScVD55v.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

I've joked with Lou (LOU!) a bunch of times about the unicorn sparkle rainbow power gym concept, where all the equipment is powder coated in rainbow sparkle colors (I hope @elvenengineer can guide me to the correct materials?) Super happy rainbow graffiti murals and a slight sheen and shimmer in the bowls of chalk. Pretty big difference to the stark black and red in the shed environment at TSA :'D 

This would be the most confusing gym. Also, I suppose you'd be offering rainbow lifting chalk?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Hahaha, omg, I'm sorry.  But I can't stop grinning/chuckling at the one to do on your bujo!

ORDER BEANS!

tumblr_mj3ituagko1rmmy7go1_500.gif

I also noticed this but then I read the entry for Tuesday and it made more sense. That is, if you know who Spike is. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

This would be the most confusing gym. Also, I suppose you'd be offering rainbow lifting chalk?

I guess we'll have to see what's available... def glitter and maybe iridescence... I like the idea that maybe it changes color by heat? Like... mood chalk? :D Then that bronie during curls in the "curls only" rack will know whether or not to approach you about whether or not he can join you for a rainbow protein swirly after your sessions!!!

(This just got weird :P)

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Hahaha, omg, I'm sorry.  But I can't stop grinning/chuckling at the one to do on your bujo!

ORDER BEANS!

35 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I also noticed this but then I read the entry for Tuesday and it made more sense. That is, if you know who Spike is. ;)

HA! You got it! Spike (my beanie baby/emotional service rhino) lost a lot of weight last Fall. He's been planning a bulk and I need to make sure he has adequate sustenance for it... beans! ;) ... aka beanie baby filling. ALAS with shipping it makes more sense to go back to Michaels and get it from them. So, ordering beans has been migrated into buying beans XD 

33 minutes ago, raptron said:

Such a good bujoooo. And yeah! Reverse tapering your calories totally makes sense! You'll adjust much better. :)

GAH why did I think 1800 was a sensible jump? LOL taper. Obvs. No bigs. Doing the thing. 

(BUJO = HAPPY MAKING :D:D:D)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

Deficit deads are grip killer for me.

Woo hoo! Reverse taper :)

Yep, meeee tooooo. Imma do right by @Br0din's suggestion to pause at the bottom next session rather than trying to speed through it... I'm thinking I can reset my grip and work through the stick at the same time since that's what I should be doing anyway :P 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Yep, meeee tooooo. Imma do right by @Br0din's suggestion to pause at the bottom next session rather than trying to speed through it... I'm thinking I can reset my grip and work through the stick at the same time since that's what I should be doing anyway :P 

Image result for karate kid approval

• Like 2