• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

TOW Ada doesn't lose her sh!t (part 2)

I'm taking advantage of zero week this time and don't jump in the challenge right away.

Finally, I started going to work again yesterday and due to catching up on some stuff that were urgent I didn't have time to go to the gym. Instead I'll go today and on Sunday (I thought of adding one more session in between but the coach said I need the rest more). I'll also go on Saturday for the circuit stuff and the pizza afterwards.

Speaking of pizza, my weight seems to have settled from the flu's assholish eating and I've gained ~0.5kg which is not terrible. 

12 hours ago, Blocky said:

0.5kg is totally worth eating what you wanted while sick.

5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

QFT

Agreed!

2 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

No dropping out!

If I could do my first comp the same week that I got a severe bout of food poisoning, you can do yours 6 weeks after a bout of the flu! 

It's not just the flu... It's all the thoughts that'd have normally prevented me from doing a comp, in general!

• Like 1

I finally went to the gym last night!

I survived the 3 sets of 10 at squats!

I was surprised that the sets of 9 at bench went well!

Deadlifts against bands were just awkward but too light and low reps so they were fine.

I booked the tickets and arranged the holidays from work for Easter!

Conference at an island from 10th to the 13th and then back to Athens until the 20th. :D 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I finally went to the gym last night!

I survived the 3 sets of 10 at squats!

I was surprised that the sets of 9 at bench went well!

Deadlifts against bands were just awkward but too light and low reps so they were fine.

funny things that rest does to your body :P 

• Like 4

On 10 Feb 2017 at 2:01 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

funny things that rest does to your body :P 

I know, I'm confused. It's almost as if rest makes you feel better or something.

On 10 Feb 2017 at 2:51 PM, TiffanyD said:

Glad you are back in the gym and feeling better!  Following for the brownies and lifting :D

lifting_o_1772139.jpg

• Like 4

I still haven't started tracking but I will soon.

Did all my grocery shopping and finally went for a longer walk today. Due to being sick in bed all last weekend and being too busy to walk the weekend before that, I hadn't gone for a walk in a while.

I had ordered some workout clothes online when I had a fever (it looks like my fever-induced ideas still revolve around the gym) and they arrived yesterday. I took pictures in them and as usual I thought I looked fat. It's too cold to wear them at the gym now anyhow so I'll just wear them to sleep. Also one of the items didn't arrive so I sent them an email and they were very polite about it. I'm waiting to hear back on whether I can exchange the missing item for another one. 

Apparently though thinking I look fat didn't prevent me from making plans to go out for pizza tonight.  

I admit defeat. I'm not a crossfitter and I'll never be.

Tonight's circuit went like this:

15 burpees       1 thruster

14 burpees       2 thrusters

13 burpees       3 thrusters

12 burpees       4 thrusters 

well you see where this is going...

But guess who doesn't do even 1 burpee unless it's prescribed. ME!

I did the first round, I did the second round, somewhere around there realised that everybody was finishing at least their third round... I decided I didn't want to go through with 120 burpees in total (counted using Gauss's method by the way) and have to do sets of 10 on deadlift tomorrow (even if they are "light"). So I said bye and left the room!

I should try to find out what the circuit is before the official arriving time for Ladies night. That way I can also carry lifting stuff with me (shoes and sleeves) and do my lifting workout instead of joining the circuit.

It did get me depressed though. I almost dropped out. The only reason I didn't was that I didn't want to appear like I was making a quick bitter decision (when it would have actually been a slow bitter decision :P).

1 hour ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I admit defeat. I'm not a crossfitter and I'll never be.

Tonight's circuit went like this:

15 burpees       1 thruster

14 burpees       2 thrusters

13 burpees       3 thrusters

12 burpees       4 thrusters 

well you see where this is going...

I would have died o_O

(I would have killed myself before doing any of it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I did consider it as an option.

One day I'll offer to organise the circuit and I will take revenge.

Bring sally up squats?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Bring sally up squats?

That's almost always included. I need something more mean! ;) 

2 hours ago, navis said:

Is it weird that I want to do those with 50% of my bodyweight on the bar?

But maybe not as mean, I don't think all of them lift.

I have the exact same thought btw. I'll do it at some point but I don't know when yet. Maybe when I'm doing lower reps on everything else. :D 

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Burpees and thrusters? Delicious...

Oh you weirdo! :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I have the exact same thought btw. I'll do it at some point but I don't know when yet. Maybe when I'm doing lower reps on everything else. :D 

Ooooh please let me know if you do!  Warrior PVP!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, navis said:

Is it weird that I want to do those with 50% of my bodyweight on the bar?

Not at all. It's how I do them every time; easy at first but a killer by the end of the song

16 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Oh you weirdo! :P 

I might be the only person on this planet who not only did this last year, but also enjoyed it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I might be the only person on this planet who not only did this last year, but also enjoyed it

I'd probably be ok with the thrusters (although at a lower weight than at 16.5) but not with the burpees.

I was late to wake up today. When the alarm started to ring I briefly opened my eyes, saw that it was sunny outside, and thought "What a nice day, it's good that I don't have to get up early today". Then I immediately realised that I woke up because of the alarm. It took me over an hour of snoozing to get up though. By that time I was already too late so instead of protein pancakes I had a protein bar and a banana. I stepped on the scale to see that the pizza bloat is still here. On my way to work I also realised that I have more DOMS than I thought. I couldn't get comfortable to sleep last night because of my abs. Now I can also feel it in my legs. Not an ideal start to the challenge so I guess the only thing to say is "Bring it on!".

7f33d093b8f483242613e15e456fe37de9269948

• Like 4