• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AugustaAdaByron

TOW Ada doesn't lose her sh!t (part 2)

9 hours ago, The Shogun said:

YAY! I'm here to support you, to study german with you (I HAVE A TEST ON SATURDAY!) and to get some brownies! don't drop out!

Alles Gute fuer deinen Deutschtest am Samstag! Wir druecken dir die Daumen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, navis said:

My trainer was nice enough to have me do 5x10 and 8x10 in previous sessions, so by the time I got to 10x10 I couldn't fool myself into thinking I wasn't going to die.  I knew.

I did 3x10 deadlifts on Sunday. I'm still convinced that it was the reason I couldn't wake up on Monday morning.

16 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Last time I tried 50/50 I attempted with OHS and after like 6 reps I regretted that decision and went for front squats lol

Ouch!

16 hours ago, navis said:

I read this and felt the pain. Ouch!

QFT

11 hours ago, Laghail said:

1487089236-20170214.png

lol

Formalism and Metamathematics FTW <3

10 hours ago, The Shogun said:

YAY! I'm here to support you, to study german with you (I HAVE A TEST ON SATURDAY!) and to get some brownies! don't drop out!

With @tyria visiting Berlin soon I think I also have a test on Saturday that I haven't been told about!

1 hour ago, evabo said:

Alles Gute fuer deinen Deutschtest am Samstag! Wir druecken dir die Daumen.

QFT

• Like 2

Week 1 - Day 3

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  I had a cheesecake yesterday and 4-5 pieces of the coca cola haribo but I tried to make up for the extra calories. I think I left about 1000kcal space. Scale said less than 65kg today which is a psychological victory (anything over 65kg makes me think I really need to cut).

MjAxMy05YTdkNWVhMWJjNjQ1M2Vj.png

Goal 2: No excuses.  Rest day.

d8479a91ca97c3cee02184ab89bfe054.jpg

Goal 3: Sleep.  Did it.

I-Love-Sleep-Because-Its-Like-A-Time-Mac

(Also, I had protein pancakes for breakfast today)

Bonus Goal: Deutsch.  I didn't do Duolingo because there was really no time. (More details later.)

Bonus (in general): Don't drop out.  Haven't yet!

So yesterday was a busy day at work. After going home all I wanted was to do nothing but I had arranged to go to a workshop that I've been postponing for about a month or so. Even though I was complaining about having to go out - don't I always? anyway - I did make it to the venue. It was a beginner's workshop but it was enough to show me the ropes and motivate me to keep going. That's also the reason I didn't do German. I got back home at almost 11pm, until I started preparing and having dinner it was too late and just went to sleep.

• Like 7

Week 1 - Day 4

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  No brownie/cheesecake/etc. Everything was tracked. Since it was Fat Thursday in Greece yesterday (a holiday where people basically eat a lot of greasy meat) and I've only been home once in the past five years I usually cook something myself (I support all holidays that include food, unless they involve dietary restrictions). I didn't get greasy meat exactly (some sausages with 10% fat). It was very salty though so adding the salt (that I can still feel) and the extra water I woke up slightly bloated today (0.6kg up). I expected it and I don't see it going away soon because I kept the rest of them for lunch today. However, the app I use for tracking my weights seems to think I'm around maintenance/a tad negative calories.

Goal 2: No excuses.  Went to the gym with @Schaengel. Fun session, I hope I was useful.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch.  Not on gym night.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  No brownie/cheesecake/etc. Everything was tracked. Since it was Fat Thursday in Greece yesterday (a holiday where people basically eat a lot of greasy meat) and I've only been home once in the past five years I usually cook something myself (I support all holidays that include food, unless they involve dietary restrictions). I didn't get greasy meat exactly (some sausages with 10% fat). It was very salty though so adding the salt (that I can still feel) and the extra water I woke up slightly bloated today (0.6kg up). I expected it and I don't see it going away soon because I kept the rest of them for lunch today. However, the app I use for tracking my weights seems to think I'm around maintenance/a tad negative calories.

I'm also rocking the mid-week bloat. It's about 3# worth though -__-. So maybe we can fill up on water together? 

Cat-Drinking-Water-Out-of-Faucet.gif 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm also rocking the mid-week bloat. It's about 3# worth though -__-. So maybe we can fill up on water together? 

yess sammmme. i did so well last weekend and weighed less on monday than i do today. stupid boss and coworkers and their stupid wine and stupid italian food.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:07 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

This actually may be the one ring to rule them all of meme's. Like, and in the darkness bind them, the whole nine yards. Like, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die, that many yards.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Goal 2: No excuses.  Went to the gym with @Schaengel. Fun session, I hope I was useful.

You are awesome as a "choach" hope we can do it again soon (maybee I will conquer my "fear" of deadlifts then ;) )

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yess sammmme. i did so well last weekend and weighed less on monday than i do today. stupid boss and coworkers and their stupid wine and stupid italian food.

*passes the water

But, sshhhh, Italian food is delicious. And yay, wine!

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

This actually may be the one ring to rule them all of meme's. Like, and in the darkness bind them, the whole nine yards. Like, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die, that many yards.

QFT

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Nope, not a duplicate post, this meme is just that good.

Duh!

1 hour ago, Schaengel said:

You are awesome as a "choach" hope we can do it again soon (maybee I will conquer my "fear" of deadlifts then ;) )

If you see how my form breaks at heavier weights of deadlifts (and I'm still standing) you'll either overcome your fear immediately or you will never overcome it! :P 

• Like 1

Week 1 - Day 5

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight. I didn't have a cheesecake or a brownie. I need to find a way to keep my carbs higher though. I think I was a bit higher on calories over all but due to waking up later than usual today I also weighed a bit lighter. I don't expect it to keep that way in the next days.

Goal 2: No excuses.  Rest day.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch.  I didn't have time, I'll do it during the weekend even though both days are gym days.

Full day today! I slept in (yay, that was necessary) and having doing stuff ever since. It's going to be a social day today!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Week 1 - Day 5

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight. I didn't have a cheesecake or a brownie. I need to find a way to keep my carbs higher though. 

You could be like me and become a full blown store brand woven cracker addict.

That's what I use as my carb topper when all I have is carbs left. 

• Like 1

That reminds me, I went to the super market hungry today.

My non-planned hungry food buys are:

an extra steak,

bacon (which I usually don't like but it seemed to also have lower fat than the average bacon slices ~14%),

jim beam sauce for the steaks,

a syrup for the pancakes (to alternate with nutella and peanut butter, I also bought the peanut butter but that was planned),

and 2 boxes of bars made out of nuts and honey (whose macros look like they'd make a very good/tasty snack and I could use it to skip the after lunch sweets).

I need to figure out why I mostly crave something sweet right after lunch. On an average day I will have breakfast, then lunch (and I usually don't really feel hungry when I have lunch), then I'll be craving something sweet after lunch (and potentially have a cup of coffee) but then I could go without eating anything until dinner. I don't get the craving for sweets before lunch either. 

BTW the bacon has me thinking whether I should make protein pancakes for breakfast tomorrow or just make scrambled eggs with bacon.

• Like 3

I almost always crave something sweet after lunch. I think it's the salt in savory food makes me want something sweet after. I try to bring fruit for after lunch. That helps a lot. If I forget to bring fruit, I have a cup of coffee to curb the craving. 

Woo! You got this! I need to get back into Deutsch practice myself, but it might not happen this challenge. Props to you!

If you figure out a way to curb the sweets cravings after lunch, I'm all ears!

On 2/16/2017 at 4:07 AM, AugustaAdaByron said:

Laghail said it better than I ever could but this meme is the best!

• Like 2

On 19 Feb 2017 at 0:40 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I almost always crave something sweet after lunch. I think it's the salt in savory food makes me want something sweet after. I try to bring fruit for after lunch. That helps a lot. If I forget to bring fruit, I have a cup of coffee to curb the craving. 

Same! I don't know why this is happening. I got some bars with nuts and honey that might help but I forget them at home so I guess I'll start tomorrow.

On 19 Feb 2017 at 4:39 AM, MikeWazowski said:

Woo! You got this! I need to get back into Deutsch practice myself, but it might not happen this challenge. Props to you!

Thanks! :) 

(I didn't practice much this weekend)

On 19 Feb 2017 at 4:39 AM, MikeWazowski said:

If you figure out a way to curb the sweets cravings after lunch, I'm all ears!

I've always wondered what the answer to this is. It might just be 42!

• Like 3

Week 1 - Weekend

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight. I didn't track during the weekend but didn't gain either.

Goal 2: No excuses. Ladies night on Saturday evening and lifting on Sunday morning.

Goal 3: Sleep.  Didn't sleep well on Saturday and Sunday nights.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch.  I didn't do it but I did learn some words/phrases that I probably shouldn't repeat.

Bonus (in general): Don't drop out.  Haven't yet but I'm seriously considering. I'm failing reps that I shouldn't be failing unless I was majorly injured. On Sunday I was considering dropping out, in general.

Saturday's recap:

@tyria was in Berlin for the weekend so we had made plans to meet for coffee and cake before going to ladies night at the gym. I went for a walk in the morning while doing all the shopping I was supposed to do, went back home for a while and then we indeed met for coffee and cake. Then we went to ladies night where a friend of hers also joined us. And then it was kebab/falafel time. When I got home I was exhausted but I didn't fall asleep until after 3am. 

Sunday's recap:

I woke up around 10am (feeling sleepy and tired), made breakfast (consisting of omelette with bacon and a protein pancake with syrup) and went to the gym around 12:30-1:00pm. When I was close to finishing lifting, tyria came by to pick up something she'd forgotten at the gym the night before and we hang out there for a while and then went for more coffee and cake while waiting for a common friend. I ended up playing magic the gathering with our common friend afterwards and then did some work stuff and meal prepped for the first couple of lunches of the week and went to sleep.

Notes from the weekend:

• Both tyria and I were turned into pillows by the dogs that hang around at the gym.
  • Maybe I should have had more carbs for breakfast on Sunday but I think I should definitely move lifting on Saturdays before the circuit or skip the circuit entirely because it's killing me.
  • I'm really fed up with not being able to keep a programme without failing. I'm thinking of going to the doctor for medical exams.
  • I talked to one of the people at the gym about a post she had made on IG and we ended up chatting and we're making plans to meet for beer/coffee.
  • I was showing a picture of mine to my mom that I didn't like (they almost always take pictures during the circuit at the gym) and I was saying why I should lose more weight. Apparently according to her, it's not my fault, that's my body shape and it's not going to change regardless of how much weight I lose. I found out that one of my cousins (who I haven't met since I was probably 5 or younger) is also trying that (although, via cardio) but she hasn't been able to. Her mom and my mom apparently discussed about that and it looks like we both remind them our dad's side of the family. That was a pleasant discussion for a Sunday morning!

That's what happens when you are one of the three people eating chicken in an otherwise vegan group!

16864425_10202974955331991_9099995219577

Sunday's breakfast

cYeCEES.jpg

I think that's all I can remember.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

After I did my first set on deadlift I saw that on the last rep my back was really rounding (which didn't happen as much last week) and on the second set I didn't feel I could do more than 5 reps. It was supposed to be 3 sets of 8. Similarly on the bench, I was supposed to do 8 sets of 3 but on the 5th set I failed the last rep and gave up altogether. I actually got trapped under the bar. I was calling for a guy who was looking at his phone and whose name I didn't know but he couldn't tell I was shouting at him because I was saying "hey!", then I was calling a girl whose name I did know but it was after she had finished a set and she was watching the video on her phone. Funnily enough that caught the guy's attention (apparently the had the same name too) and he untrapped me. Technically I could have just dropped the plates because I never use collars on bench but I was not in danger and didn't want to cause loud noises (other than me shouting).

(That was cross-posting from my battle log)

• Like 1

I don't know what kind of bacon that is, but clearly we need it here in the states. 

I assume you are being sarcastic about your lovely Sunday morning conversation? 

I think you can work against genetics but it is hard. Almost everyone in my family is morbidly obese and I used to be (I am still obese I guess, barely). But I lost over 100# and have kept it off over the last like 10 years. I'll probably never be "lean" but don't feel resigned to my fate. I just have to work harder than other people. Lots of tracking and honesty with myself. 

Also, I'm built like a brick house with wide shoulders wide hips large hands and large feet. So yeah I can lose weight, but I'm never going to look "slender". I feel better just having a goal of building more muscles while maintaining than worrying about achieving a certain look. 

What kind of "look" are you aiming for? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I don't know what kind of bacon that is, but clearly we need it here in the states. 

According to a bit of googling at the moment it looks like it is back bacon (aka, that's a bacon I could live with if it still wasn't so salty).

I assume you are being sarcastic about your lovely Sunday morning conversation? 

Entirely!

But I lost over 100# and have kept it off over the last like 10 years.

Wow! That's really impressive!

Also, I'm built like a brick house with wide shoulders wide hips large hands and large feet. So yeah I can lose weight, but I'm never going to look "slender".

I'll probably never look "slender".

What kind of "look" are you aiming for? 

It is "lean" that I would like to aim for but, and I've been complaining about this for a very long time so I'm surprised no one has told me to stfu yet, even though I carry fat all around, there are areas where I think I store more fat and I'm really not happy about. 

• Like 2