TOW Ada doesn't lose her sh!t (part 2)

AugustaAdaByron

Eating around other people can be the worst. :( I have the opposite problem. I hate going out to eat with co-workers because I eat so fast. I have to take tiny bites to finish even remotely around when other people do. Then at the end I get to where I'm basically picking at a tiny bit of food so it looks like I'm still eating. It makes me not want to eat around other people. So, for the opposite reason, I can relate. Also, I feel like lunch is my work day "alone time" lately and would prefer to be left to my own devices. 

Your gym is so badass, that is all. 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Eating around other people can be the worst. :( I have the opposite problem. I hate going out to eat with co-workers because I eat so fast. I have to take tiny bites to finish even remotely around when other people do. Then at the end I get to where I'm basically picking at a tiny bit of food so it looks like I'm still eating. It makes me not want to eat around other people. So, for the opposite reason, I can relate. Also, I feel like lunch is my work day "alone time" lately and would prefer to be left to my own devices. 

agreed on all counts!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

7 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

agreed on all counts!

The gym is one of my favourite places to be in Berlin, if not just my favourite!!!! :D 

Today this thing happened: Colleague came by and asked us if we'd like to have lunch at the restaurant upstairs. I said I wouldn't join and when they left I went to warm up my lunch (it takes two minutes). I started eating and they came back before I had finished. They went upstairs stood in line to get lunch, got it, ate it, paid for it, etc, when they came back the guy I share an office with also made coffee, I still hadn't finished my lunch.

I like having lunch with other people at work, I don't consider it my alone time. Mostly because I'm usually alone at my office anyway. But it's not fun trying to hurry to not be the last one to finish and after taking me a while longer. Meh, anyway... I'll get over it or find something that is quicker to eat (seriously though, it's 155gr of mince beef, 60gr of pasta, and 200gr of broccoli (all weighed raw), it shouldn't take me that long).

As I had mentioned the first days of the week, when I was lifting on Sunday I talked to one of the powerlifters about a post she had made on IG. Due to that we had discussed about going for coffee during the week. We finally met today and discussed about lifting and how we ended up in Berlin, what we do here, etc. It's funny how hard it is to hold a full conversation while lifting even if you spend many hours at the gym.   

• Like 3

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 2 - Day 5

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  Tracked but I was slightly over. It's slow progress since I only had planned food and I went out for coffee, which ended up being mint tea (hot water poured over fresh mint leaves, it was not as strong but smelled great).

Goal 2: No excuses.  Rest day.

Goal 3: Sleep.  Did it and woke up before the alarm again!

Bonus Goal: Deutsch. Nope, social night. (Read also the post above.)

Bonus (in general): Don't drop out.  Haven't yet!

• Like 2

Current challenge

Battle log

Had an early morning today. I woke up around 8am (without an alarm, I'm very urprised about it). Went out for my Saturday morning walk, got a cappuccino and a cheddar cheese pie, and on my way back home I walked into the mall for grocery shopping. Since I started earlier today I decided to walk around a bit and remembered that I was supposed to replace the black pair of jeans that gave out on me during the previous challenge. So now I have a new pair of black jeans! :D 

@SpecialSundae, thanks for the link!

Spoiler

OK, definitely not as stylish as that guy, but in my defence it looks like the fabric he's wearing is not jeans.

HBEALr3.jpg

Also, he's not wearing ridiculous socks and his place is tidy. (But again, in my defence, it looks like he has many minions to take care of the tidiness. For the socks, I'm not sure I can do much.)

Anyway, after that I did the grocery shopping (bulk cooking pasta bolognese for this week's lunches) and got bacon again for tomorrow's breakfast and maybe for one of the week's dinners.

EDIT because I forgot AGAIN. I gave in and in my order of protein bars I also added Epsom salts which arrived this week. I'll see if I can make time to try them during the weekend. :D 

• Like 2

Current challenge

Battle log

2 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

but in my defence it looks like the fabric he's wearing is not jeans

Black yoga pants will work! :panda:

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Week 2 - Day 6

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  Tracked and left 1000kcal for dinner at the gym, woke up 0.6kg heavier today though! (And yes, we've reached that point where we are bringing food and actually stay and have dinner at the gym.)

Goal 2: No excuses.  Did half of my workout (I'd have finished all of it if I didn't have to wait for a bench) and then joined the kickboxing circuit.

Goal 3: Sleep.  Did it woke up early. I think it's becoming a habit.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch. Nope, gym night.

I'm not entirely sure I'll keep attending ladies night. Most girls are nice but I don't do well around big crowds and some times I think there are girls who would rather I was not there.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Battle log

1 hour ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

(And yes, we've reached that point where we are bringing food and actually stay and have dinner at the gym.)

I love everything about this.

1 hour ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I'm not entirely sure I'll keep attending ladies night. Most girls are nice but I don't do well around big crowds and some times I think there are girls who would rather I was not there.

You do you! If it's not fun, what's the point? Or just, you know, go once in a while if that's better. And what the junk makes you think someone doesn't want you? That sounds absurd to me. But if you've got some haters there, well. Fuck the haters. 

5Bpz7Mj.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

And what the junk makes you think someone doesn't want you? That sounds absurd to me. But if you've got some haters there, well. Fuck the haters. 

That a couple of them stop talking when I get in their vicinity. (Of course they could be discussing something personal, in which case I find it kinda impolite.) And the fact that they still like to remind me the joke I made over a month ago.

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

5Bpz7Mj.gif

1 hour ago, MikeWazowski said:

Woohoo for sleep habits! I'm bad at gifs, but Red's is perfect for my sentiment on haters too.

lol on the gif and your sentiment.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

And what the junk makes you think someone doesn't want you? That sounds absurd to me. But if you've got some haters there, well. Fuck the haters. 

That a couple of them stop talking when I get in their vicinity. (Of course they could be discussing something personal, in which case I find it kinda impolite.) And the fact that they still like to remind me the joke I made over a month ago.

Don't be stupid. they seemed to be okay. If you enjoy going there, just go :) The circuit is fun anyway.

Scout at heart - started to do weightlifting.

Battle log

15 hours ago, tyria said:

Don't be stupid. they seemed to be okay. If you enjoy going there, just go :) The circuit is fun anyway.

Most of the are fine and they're very nice to talk to but a couple of them give me an entirely different impression.

Anyway, the circuit on Saturday was a lot of fun and now I'm also sore enough to be afraid to sneeze.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 2 - Day 7

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  Tracked and was under the burned calories but my weight is up. I hope it'll start going away soon.

Goal 2: No excuses.  Did the rest of my work out and went for a walk.

Goal 3: Sleep.  Did it woke up earlier than the alarm again but I slept a bit less than planned.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch. Nope, gym night.

Went to the gym in the morning (and meal prepped before the gym since I woke up early) to finish the workout I didn't finish on Saturday. (Just pause squats with timed rest and DB/cable stuff.)

Then, later, I met with a Nerd to have coffee and discuss possible ways of torturing other Nerds (but I can't talk much about it yet). I was left with the impression that we could be successful at that, potentially with a bit of help from one more person. :D

I got in the U-Bahn to return home afterwards but as I was looking outside I realised that the weather was finally nice enough so I got off the train and walked the rest of the way back. Cooked dinner (rump steak with pasta and broccoli) and then spent some time on the phone and online. 

• Like 4

Current challenge

Battle log

18 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Most of the are fine and they're very nice to talk to but a couple of them give me an entirely different impression.

I said to someone the other day that men seem to take their competition out in sports, and women seem to take out by being catty (rude, if catty isn't a term you have heard before) in the office or in this case the gym. Now I know that is a gender generalization AND I HATE THOSE, but I have just had one too many female co-workers over the years who couldn't learn to get a long. 

As a general "weird person" I often find it hard to fit in. I have radical political beliefs, I'm a science-y nerd, and I don't tolerate bullshit. So all that girly stuff just whizzes by my head leaving me learning to appreciate where I do fit in. (oh and in my early thirties and I've chosen not to have kids, so that's fun in groups.)

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I said to someone the other day that men seem to take their competition out in sports, and women seem to take out by being catty (rude, if catty isn't a term you have heard before) in the office or in this case the gym. Now I know that is a gender generalization AND I HATE THOSE, but I have just had one too many female co-workers over the years who couldn't learn to get a long. 

As a general "weird person" I often find it hard to fit in. I have radical political beliefs, I'm a science-y nerd, and I don't tolerate bullshit. So all that girly stuff just whizzes by my head leaving me learning to appreciate where I do fit in. (oh and in my early thirties and I've chosen not to have kids, so that's fun in groups.)

My manager, whom is a really cool guy has stated that the most difficult thing to do is to add women to our teams.  We are 3d modelers, so most of us are nerdy as hell in our own special way.  But even nerdy girls can be very different, and then there are the reception/assistant types that aren't nerdy at all in the mix, so I completely agree even if it's a generalization of sorts.

• Like 1

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)

On 27 Feb 2017 at 2:26 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

On 27 Feb 2017 at 3:55 PM, TiffanyD said:

My manager, whom is a really cool guy has stated that the most difficult thing to do is to add women to our teams.  We are 3d modelers, so most of us are nerdy as hell in our own special way.  But even nerdy girls can be very different, and then there are the reception/assistant types that aren't nerdy at all in the mix, so I completely agree even if it's a generalization of sorts.

Only time I've encountered similar behaviour was at the gym I was going to when I lived in Warsaw. Actually, in the first gym there was a woman who was bodybuilding and she was always very supportive. In the second gym there were two girls whose behaviour I could never understand. Anyway.

The girl I was talking about before talked to me again today at the gym. I don't know if she was trying to be friendly or go for a "burn!" kind of comment. My instinct tells me the second but it didn't really work and she stopped talking to me after that. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 3 - Day 1

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  Tracked but probably overate. My weight has been consistently up (but stable there) the past few days. I hope it's a hormonal bloat that will go away soon. In the meantime I was thinking until I start taking the bike to work again to start walking back home. It should take a bit over an hour. Of course I can only do that on Mondays and Fridays (and potentially not even Fridays).

Goal 2: No excuses.  Rest day.

Goal 3: Sleep.  Did it woke up earlier than the alarm again.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch. Didn't do it.

I'm sure there were stuff I had in mind to write but I'm exhausted.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 3 - Day 2

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  Tracked and was under the fitbit's estimated burned calories. That may not have been the best idea after the deadlift mini. I weighed 0.5kg less this morning so it looks like the bloat is going away but I'm still at 65.1kg.

Goal 2: No excuses.  Did all of my workout with the exception of replacing deadlifts against bands with the deadlift mini. It felt like a good day yesterday so after I was done with squats I went for a single at 75kg (max is 80kg).

Goal 3: Sleep.  Went to sleep early but woke up at 3:10 and then again at 5:00 with a few effects of shark week (weight loss could be easily attributed to them) and wasn't able to sleep again until after 6am. 

Bonus Goal: Deutsch. Not on gym night.

Regarding my weight: Someone asked me if I was on a cut last night and I said that I was supposed to be but haven't been careful so technically I'm not. I said I might go on a cut after the gym's competition and that got me a weird look. There was also a discussion about my planned attempts for the gym's competition but let's not go there.

So here are last night's deadlifts (#NoMoreCardioplz #JustFatAndSlowButHappy)

And here's what happened before them, or at least the first and last sets of squats (4x4@66kg and 1@75kg) and bench (6x6@38kg). #povertylifts

I expected DOMS today but shark week has me on ibuprofen already so I just feel the lack of sleep.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Battle log

aww, sorry about the lack of sleep :( that seriously puts me in the worst mood. hopefully you can rest tonight and get a good night's sleep.

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

DAYUM DAT BOOTY POP!!!! Get some sleep lovely Ada... sleep.... sleeeeeep.....

*nods off after accidentally hypnotizing self*

• Like 4