TOW Ada doesn't lose her sh!t (part 2)

AugustaAdaByron

13 minutes ago, Blocky said:

Make your first attempts super easy so you at least get a score on the board and build some confidence...

That's the plan, I guess. But deadlift is always unpredictable and I'm not used to pausing heavier weights on bench.

2 minutes ago, evabo said:

a) Don't bomb.

I will try.

2 minutes ago, evabo said:

b ) Why choose?? One each ;-)

And switch them between attempts? 

• Like 2

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

2 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

And switch them between attempts? 

I don't have a problem with this... I switched crew/knee socks, not between attempts but between events!

PNNze0V.gif

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

My thoughts exactly

It's getting tempting, and it's not like they don't already know that I'm weird!

1 hour ago, evabo said:

Haha, not unless you need more stress at your meet ;-)

Hahaha, true!

22 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I don't have a problem with this... I switched crew/knee socks, not between attempts but between events!

PNNze0V.gif

I'll have to do that anyway. Put on knee sleeves for squat, take them off for bench, and then change socks and shoes for deadlift.

• Like 2

Current challenge

Battle log

4 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Now there are two thoughts mostly on my mind:

1) I worry that I will bomb the competition (especially bench or deadlift).

2) I'm not sure if I should bomb it in Batman socks or rainbow socks.

1) Win this freaking thing!

2) Wear both. You'll look even more eccentric and awesome after you win!

Fun fact: Rainbow Batman is a real thing.

Rainbow02.jpg

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

40 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Time to practice paused bench? 

I'll practice the commands next week! :D 

It's the heavier weight that scares me. 

11 minutes ago, tyria said:

Rainbows! Happy, little, sparkling rainbows <3

itsallmine animation rainbow pride glas 2017

d1556c08f2313ec2cbc51fdd1d7f7024.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

1) Win this freaking thing!

That's too ambitious but I'll do my best!

2) Wear both. You'll look even more eccentric and awesome after you win!

Awww man! Rainbow socks with Batman capes!

UX2frFR.gif

Fun fact: Rainbow Batman is a real thing.

Rainbow02.jpg

Rainbow Batman and Robin is a thing too! 

• Like 3

Current challenge

Battle log

11 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Rainbow Batman and Robin is a thing too!

I totally read this as "Rainbow Batman and Robin ARE a 'thing'" and my brain went there...can't undo it now.

troy_whole_brain_crying.gif

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

26 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

LOL my spotify just did the weirdest thing ever...

Apparently, when a playlist ends it starts playing similar songs. But the song that started right after the end of the playlist (Elements by Tom Lehrer) has almost no connection to the playlist's style.

I listen to such obscure artists that sometimes Spotify's "suggested song" is nowhere near what I'm listening to and also nowhere near what I like.

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

omg i loved the whole rainbow/batman socks dilemma! i was waiting for someone to mention their "relationship" :D 

• Like 5

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

14 hours ago, Wolfen said:

I listen to such obscure artists that sometimes Spotify's "suggested song" is nowhere near what I'm listening to and also nowhere near what I like.

It's a problem I find with many of these algorithms, they think "hey, if you liked this obscure song, just think how much you'll like this SUPER POPULAR ONE." Also, Spotify is trying to force me to listen to Ed Sheeran - IT'S NOT GONNA WORK, SPOTIFY!!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Laghail said:

th?id=OIP.R6soBe4zWu1tip1VU3hQtAEsDY&w=2

7 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

omg i loved the whole rainbow/batman socks dilemma! i was waiting for someone to mention their "relationship" :D 

LOL

14 hours ago, Wolfen said:

37 minutes ago, stepping_out said:

It's a problem I find with many of these algorithms, they think "hey, if you liked this obscure song, just think how much you'll like this SUPER POPULAR ONE." Also, Spotify is trying to force me to listen to Ed Sheeran - IT'S NOT GONNA WORK, SPOTIFY!!!

Yup! Exactly that!

Current challenge

Battle log

4 hours ago, stepping_out said:

I think it's also about money. "Wanna hear the song you want? Get Spotify premium." I've been using Amazon Music more since I have Prime.

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I have a premium account!

Oh. Well, yeah, then, it's just a crappy algorithm. LOL.

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Week 4 - Day 5

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight.  I ate like an asshole again.

Goal 2: No excuses. Rest day.

Goal 3: Sleep.  Did it.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch. Didn't.

Bonus (in general): Don't drop out.  Haven't yet! 

So, yesterday was a full day. Too busy at work, then I left in a hurry to go to some stores before closing time because I needed to buy a birthday present. Right after that, I met with a friend (and was late because it took me too long to decide what I'd buy). Then home for dinner and making last minute arrangements with the friend who visited today. (Today was a very busy day too. I'll probably write about it tomorrow, if there's time.) I'm calling today (Saturday) the last day of the challenge though.

Bad news is that deadlift sucked today. I sent a message to my coach asking if we could concentrate a bit more on it after the competition and he agreed. I could probably go heavier if I yolo'd my form and the coach kinda green-lighted yolo for the competition but I'm not sure I want to do it. I've been trying for so long to get the form right that I'm more worried about form regressing than the weight being lighter.

Good news is that bench didn't suck. I managed all 8 sets of 3 at 45kg (which I had failed about a month ago) and then did a single at 45kg to commands (training buddy decided to go for an evil pause) which looks like it'd get white-lighted. I'd very much like to go 45-50-52.5kg but I'm not sure if 50kg would go up after a pause.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

Week 4 - Day 6

Goal 1: Lose the holiday and the illnesses' weight. Have no clue.

Goal 2: No excuses. Did as much as possible with the exception of accessories that I didn't do because I wanted to minimise time at the gym.

Goal 3: Sleep.  Did it.

Bonus Goal: Deutsch. Didn't.

Bonus (in general): Don't drop out.  Haven't yet! 

Not sure what to write. The weekend has been very busy. 

Since I haven't dropped out yet (despite considering it every time I'm at the gym) I'm considering this challenge to be successful! (Now I only need to not drop out for less than a week)

• Like 8

Current challenge

Battle log